Lone Wolf 09-Feb-16
mat1739 09-Feb-16
GotBowAz 09-Feb-16
mat1739 10-Feb-16
GotBowAz 10-Feb-16
TD 10-Feb-16
mat1739 12-Feb-16
09-Feb-16
I have the chance to buy a 2013 Bowtech Insanity CPX left handed for 475$. I currently am shooting a 2009 model Bowtech Admiral. The Insanity comes with a vibracheck Stabalizer and a If Retina Lock 3 pin sight.

My question. Do you feel as this is a good deal? The bow will fit me draw length wise. I have not shot or seen it yet ( just photos ). Just looking for some input from others whom may have this bow.

Thank you.

09-Feb-16
I would definitely look for an CPX XL! I went from a old glory to the CPX, and it took me a year to get right! I still have days when I torque the bow. Its going down the rd, its just not my style. The grip, coupled with short brace is just to dam finicky.Yes it was tuned perfect too..

To be fare, I will add that I have the same problem with the new Prodigy. When my grip is perfect, its unreal the groups i can achieve! Plenty of robin hoods! I just can't get consistent.

09-Feb-16
Check the finish on the limbs. One year they scratched off like no other. Great bow but beat up way beyond its use.

09-Feb-16
LW - I've read that about the limbs. In fact, my Admiral in the "velvet" finish wore real bad at the limb/ riser connect point.

I'll post some pictures of the for sale unit. Looks in great shape. Said "shot under 100 times. Selling due to arthritis"

09-Feb-16
My 2011 Bowtech Invasion did the same thing on the limbs. Just keep in mind it is only cosmetic and doesn't hurt the bow or its performance.Still ticks you off with a new bow but I wouldn't hesitate to buy a used bow with that issue. Might ask the seller to show you pictures of both the top and bottom limbs. If there's any evidence of flaking make the guy a lesser offer.

10-Feb-16

mat1739's embedded Photo
mat1739's embedded Photo

10-Feb-16
Matt, That's a nice rig dude! But the picture does not show the outside of the limbs which is where the flaking occurs. If it really doesn't matter much to you I would say from what I see here it's worth the price he is asking.

10-Feb-16
Cool thing about the CPX system is the adjustable draw length with no modules, etc. Yeah, it will fit you pretty much no matter the draw.

I have an Invasion, pretty much the prior model. It also replaced an Old Glory. IMO, unless you shoot fingers these are much better bows. Way faster, and when dialed in they are tack drivers. Best tuning with the CPX is to set the rest down the pipe and twist the yokes to at least paper tune. Then use the rest to fine (broadhead) tune. The bow shoots better than I can shoot it....

Good looking bow. But just beware also, some folks had issues tuning them and mess things up badly. I got mine used as well for a great deal, hardly shot. And it was so far out of tune it was nearly unshootable. If you aren't sure about setting up, timing and tuning, take it to a Bowtech guy and have it dialed in. A world of difference.

12-Feb-16
TD

Thank you for the much needed input. I told the seller i would be by the first of March to look/ buy if everything checks out correctly.

If i have any issues, i will gladly take your advice and put a notice out for help.

• Sitka Gear