TheSol 17-Feb-16
Elkbstr 22-Mar-16
Elkbstr 22-Mar-16
CO Oak 24-Mar-16
Serrano 26-Mar-16
sticksender 26-Mar-16
Nock 31-Mar-16
10-Feb-16
Does anyone know if there is a place to find 2015 Harvest/Horn measurements? I would like to do a little more up to date research on last years success.

Thanks Elkbstr

10-Feb-16
You can expect those sheep reports to be published in late March to early April.

10-Feb-16
Thanks for the reply, that sure doesn't give a guy much time to look it over. Good thing I have it narrowed down to a few units already.

10-Feb-16
May end up trying for the unit I'm already familiar with, just haven't been able to tag one there.

10-Feb-16
Call the local wildlife office for the area you are interested in and ask how many and the quality of rams they checked in from the unit you are interested in. You will get the info you are looking for.

11-Feb-16
I'd put more weight in the long term success vs what happened last year. Unless its a newer unit with fewer harvests or a unit where you are looking to see if a particular ram was harvested.

Actually right now until green up starts is an excellent time to scout rams that made it from last year on the winter range. All that being said late March for the report is typical. I'd narrow it to 2-3 units then see if the latest stats impact your choice.

Sandbrew

11-Feb-16
It's always out before the application deadline, but like others have said, not by much. I start emailing them if it's not posted by March 15.

17-Feb-16
16 3/8" bases 36" right, 33 1/4" left Greatest spread 26" 171 2/8"

22-Mar-16
Sandbrew,

The unit I have drawn in the past I believe the sheep winter on the private side mostly because that is on the west facing slopes of the unit. The east side is pretty hard to get into in the winter months, it was even hard to get into when I last scouted for my tag in early June.

22-Mar-16
TheSol,

That is a dandy ram, but that tells me nothing about my unit, unless it happened to come from that unit? Lol

24-Mar-16
I got an email reply from CPW today, which was "early next week at the latest."

26-Mar-16

Serrano's Link
It's there now. No one killed one in S12 where I hunted. Ken

26-Mar-16
Would have to say it was not a banner year for archery ram hunters. At least in the six hunts open to NR's, where only 8 rams were killed out of 44 tags issued.

Best kill success among those 6 hunts was in S9, at 5 for 10.

Bow-hunting sheep is tough!

But I'll still be trying to draw a tag in one of the 0-fer units ;-)

31-Mar-16
Got that right stick. Toughest hunt you'll ever love.

• Sitka Gear