Contributors to this thread:
craig@work 11-Feb-16
BIGRICH 11-Feb-16
kota-man 11-Feb-16
Franzen 11-Feb-16
craig@work 11-Feb-16
KJC 11-Feb-16
11-Feb-16
I was looking at some of this stuff last night and wondered about opinions on it. I have several pairs of assorted baselayers including wool, fleece, military surplus, etc. Since losing a bunch of weight a couple years ago I struggle with staying warm come November. Is this stuff worth the price?

Craig

11-Feb-16
I bought a set of it in 2007 for a late season bowhunt in North Dakota . It kept me super warm with no chemical warmers at all , i still used wool longjohns as a base layer but it worked in temps down to neg 20 air temp not wind chill.

11-Feb-16
I don't know that there is a warmer base layer made.

11-Feb-16
I don't know if they still make one without the "thermal zone" pattern, but if it was me I would go sans that element if possible. I don't have the stand hunter version, but I do have an ECWCS version with thermal zone. I don't care for that top very much. I much prefer merino for activity.

11-Feb-16
To clarify, these would be for treestand hunting for deer in temps from 0-30....

11-Feb-16
They are extremely warm. The only thing I don't like about the shirt is the thumb holes. I'd like it if the sleeve stopped at the wrist. As it is, the sleeve interferes with putting on lighter gloves needed for bowhunting.

• Sitka Gear