Elk
Contributors to this thread:
tj 11-Feb-16
Mule Power 11-Feb-16
GregE 11-Feb-16
AXE MAN 11-Feb-16
Mule Power 12-Feb-16
11-Feb-16
I'm from Alabama and have elk hunted in Colorado for many years. Archery hunted this year units 79 and 80. First hunted unit 55 when it was over the counter and had several close calls.We could have shot a cow once but let it go. That was a mistake.I have called in several elk but the Colorado wind took care of that.We always enjoy hunting although we haven't scored yet.Colorado mountains are one of Gods great creations.We ran into a lot of cattle this year in unit 80 out of South Fork. Could not find any elk sigh even at 11500 tree line.Talked with other campers they had no luck. I was wondering if anyone ever pays a trespass fee in SW Colorado? Any info would be appreciated. We've always hunted OTC units.Thanks.

11-Feb-16
Are you aware that you can get guaranteed elk licenses in Montana, Idaho, and even Wyoming? Sounds like a license that is a sure thing is your main concern.

11-Feb-16
guaranteed license, not ELK. ;)

How are you doing Joe?

11-Feb-16
It is fairly common in some ares in Colorado . Give me a PM.

12-Feb-16
What is a guaranteed elk Greg? Last year in Sheep camp was really good. Did you see the bull in the "Montana Hunting?" thread?

I've been good. Hunting more than guiding these days. And you?

• Sitka Gear