Mudslinger 12-Feb-16
JohnB 12-Feb-16
timberdoodle 13-Feb-16
Mudslinger 13-Feb-16
kiwi 13-Feb-16
11-Feb-16

Mudslinger's embedded Photo
Mudslinger's embedded Photo
Just got my tahr back from the taxidermy and thought I would share it.

11-Feb-16
Nice! Congrats!

11-Feb-16
Congrats!!!

Looks great!

Mark

12-Feb-16
Nice man!

12-Feb-16
Awesome, nice color.

12-Feb-16
NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12-Feb-16
Sweet!

12-Feb-16
Great tahr! Very nice dark coat, I guess it was a west coast rut hunt?

12-Feb-16
Love it!!

Big Time Congrats on how it all fell together buddy.

Good luck, Robb

12-Feb-16
Yes, it was a west coast rut hunt. I would love to go back!

12-Feb-16
Awesome looking mount!

13-Feb-16
Nice looking mount. What time of the year did you shoot it? Any hunt details you're willing to share?

13-Feb-16
I actually went to NZ the last week of April into the first week of May. (sorry it is a rifle kill to). I bought the hunt at an SCI banquet in Wisconsin with newzealandsafaris, with the owner being Ben Smith.

I went over for tahr with the plan to add on free range red stag. Keep in mind most of the extremely big stags that you see in pictures are high fence if you are ok with that or not. The outfitter I used had both free range and estate stags. I did shoot a real nice free range red stag also. I did see a lot of tahr and to my knowledge they are all free range due to the terrain that they are in and that goes for chamois as well. I did go after free range fallow deer also with no luck and then my guide talked me into a high fence (estate) fallow deer and I did get one of these and learned my lesson of never wanted to do a high fence animal after that. The high fence stuff is just not for me. I have no problem with anyone else doing it though. I would give this outfitter a excellent review and I would go back in a heart beat!

Any other questions just let me know Brad

13-Feb-16
Sounds like a great trip. I'm hoping to get to the west coast in May to get a bow tahr. Some of the best hunting around IMO.

• Sitka Gear