Tndeer 17-Feb-16
hunter2121 17-Feb-16
Paul@thefort 17-Feb-16
olebuck 18-Feb-16
Bear Track 18-Feb-16
olebuck 19-Feb-16
Glunt@work 19-Feb-16
16-Feb-16
I have a Primos blind that is probably five years old that is only used during turkey season. I usually leave it up for the entire season or until we all fill our tags. The blind is getting extremely faded and needs some help. Has anyone had any luck spray painting or improving the camo on a faded blind? I didn't know how well spray paint would adhere or last on the blind. Any suggestions?

16-Feb-16
It should work just fine. You might have to touch it up every so often but that's no big deal. I will spray paint the fresh wood on my permanent whitetail stands when I first build them with some cheap black primer & it lasts a long time.

I've also used spray paint to customize my snow camo suit. It still looks great after several washings.

16-Feb-16
See the thread entitled: Repairing Double Bull ground blind....Paul@theFort posted a photo that you might want to check out.....

16-Feb-16

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
This is the T2 blind that Medicinemann was referring to. The original pattern was sort of sticks and limbs.

As the pattern faded I added some painted leaves from a cut out pattern and used flat camo spray paint.

16-Feb-16

Over time, the pattern continued to fade so I started to outline the limbs with a flat black spray camo paint. This helped bring out the pattern.

16-Feb-16

Last year more black outline and then some green

16-Feb-16

As it is today.

I have a Dark Horse blind. The pattern has not faded yet. But if it does and based on the pattern, instead of spraying on the paint, I would dab in on with a sponge paint brush.

16-Feb-16

The Dark Horse blind and pattern. Dabbing on the paint may help retain the original like pattern.

The camo spray paint is usually use to camo boats.

Rustoleum Camouflage spray paint, non reflective finish. Ultra flat colors

I have use the T2 for goose and duck hunting as well as turkey hunting. I have not used it for deer hunting.

Hope this helps. Paul

16-Feb-16
Dang, Paul, that's some great looking art work, there.

No wonder you get turkeys close enough to just stab them with an arrow.

16-Feb-16
Michael, I think you could set in a plain cardboard box and a turkey would not notice anything different.

:) :) :) Paul

17-Feb-16
Paul, thanks for the tip. I will grab some camo colored paint today and try to paint it if it warms up later this week.

17-Feb-16
Im sure spray paint would work just fine but you might also look into Rit fabric dye. You can buy it at Walmart. Just get desired color and mix it in a spray bottle and go to town. I would advise hosing it down afterwards so it does not bleed on anything.

BTW, I have never actually tried this. I just thought it might be an option.

17-Feb-16

hunter2121's Link
i bought one of these for one of my blinds, works well

17-Feb-16

Rit fabric dye may not work because most blinds have a slick, somewhat, water resistant surface.

For a dye to work, it needs to be absorbed into the fabric.

2121, not a bad idea to keep "stuff" on top of the blind from blowing off. Too bad they did not incorporate tie downs from the first. I used camo netting while goose hunting but never seen the need while turkey hunting. Now for deer, I bet it would be very handy, all around.

Paul

18-Feb-16
I have a 7-8 Year old dark horse Blind.

it is pretty faded.

I think I'll get some paint on it this week to see if I can darken it up a little.

18-Feb-16

Bear Track's embedded Photo
Bear Track's embedded Photo
I'm liking your paint job Paul. Mine needs just what yours needed.

19-Feb-16

olebuck's MOBILE embedded Photo
olebuck's MOBILE embedded Photo

Is this to faded??

19-Feb-16
Not for turkeys. I have hunted them from a completely solid color Doublebull and it worked great. Deer are a different story but in my experience, when it comes to turkeys, the camo isn't a big deal.

That said, its nice to watch deer and other critters from the blind to break up the day so I prefer to be pretty well hidden and camo'd.

• Sitka Gear