Lee 29-Feb-16
JackPine Acres 27-Jun-16
mountainman 27-Jun-16
SteveB 28-Jun-16
ElkNut1 28-Jun-16
25-Feb-16

Frank Moore's embedded Photo
Frank Moore's embedded Photo
For our many hunters that frequent the Bowsite - some sad news. We lost a good friend and good man this week. Leo Olson & his wife Shirley have been part of our hunting camp for nearly thirty years. His stories, his humor, and his abilities were a huge asset. I always felt a lot of our return hunters came back more for Shirley's cooking and Leo's stories than for the hunt. Truly a unique individual. Leo will be missed. For those that may want to send a card:

Shirley Olson PO Box 1243 Lusk, WY 82225

Memorial Contributions can be sent to: Lee Wilson Memorial, c/o Converse Co Bank PO Box 689 Douglas, WY. 82633

25-Feb-16
Leo Olson Memorial - darn auto correct!

25-Feb-16
Sorry for your loss. Sending prayers.

25-Feb-16
Sorry for your loss. Sending prayers.

25-Feb-16
Leo will be missed big time. He was one of the true hihglights of the Spearhead. I was only there two times but, Leo's stories and jokes are still fresh in my mind. Ooga booga was one of his favorite jokes to tell. Yes Shirley's cooking was the best.

25-Feb-16
Hi again, I guess memorials should be sent direct to Shirley. Sorry for the confusion.

25-Feb-16
Lets remember Leo. I 2007, I brought my daughter Liz on that hunt. Even though she was homesick and we left early she had a blast. The story and memory of that hunt is when she was riding around with Leo and some hunters from New Jeresy. When I got back to the ranch house Leo said that my daughter has a story that she will never forget. My daughter told me that they where driving in Leo's Suburan. All of a sudden Leo yells out to be quiet. He stops the truck. He leaned his ear toward the back and said again to be quiet. Nobody said a word. Then he jumped out of the truck, went to the back of the truck and started to root around in the back, He then yelled out" There you are" he then grabs and throws out a live Rattle Snake. Liz told me that her and the Jersey boys damn near crapped their pants. I laughted so hard. It is going to break her heart when I tell her. LEO, THANKS FOR ALL THE MEMORIES. davep

25-Feb-16
Very sad news, Frank. I really enjoyed the time spent with Leo in 2011 at the Spearhead. My condolences to Shirley and your family.

25-Feb-16
Very sorry to hear that. Sounds like the kinda guy that made everyone better for knowing him. My condolences to you and his loved ones. God Bless!

29-Feb-16
Prayers for Shirley. Leo was one in a million.

Jack Croom

29-Feb-16

Ishy Isomer's embedded Photo
Ishy Isomer's embedded Photo
My and my Dad's sincere condolences to Shirley and the entire Moore family. With the grace of God and Leo's watchful eye my Dad was able to hunt at 85 years old and take two beautiful pronghorn with his bow with the Moore's at Spearhead on two memorable trips. While I was trying to fill my second tag on a whopper, my pop's was riding around with Leo telling stories and jokes the whole way! Leo took Dad to these teepee circles and looked for artifacts, they talked more story and shot his venerable six shooter he always had with him. Leo clearly loved the land and was a master of it...no pretenses..a real woodsman.. His suburban was something to marvel at... I thought it was a farm vehicle but was shocked to find that he and Shirley drove it every year several hundred miles to Spearhead. I can only imagine all the 'Leo" stories the Moore's have! I know he loved them dearly and how hard it must be.... the small amount of time my Dad and I had with him was a highlight of all our adventures! RIP Leo!

29-Feb-16
I am truly sorry to hear that. I enjoyed Leo immensely and have told many Leo stories over the years. One of my favorites was about Shirley vacuuming the tail off of his prize bobcat mount! He will be missed.

Regards,

Lee

27-Jun-16

JackPine Acres's embedded Photo
JackPine Acres's embedded Photo
Critter control by Leo in Sept. of 2002. I was looking forward to seeing the gang this fall but didn't draw a tag. He took Kirk and I out prairie dog shooting after we filled our tags. Leo shared some tips on how to stalk mule deer during that day. It was a great week. I even taught Shirley a new version of solitaire.

Rest in peace Leo!

27-Jun-16
Sad to hear this. I met Leo at the ranch in 2008(I think). He was a great guy. We had a heck of an afternoon riding around and shooting gophers after I tagged out. He will be missed by many I'm sure. RIP.

28-Jun-16
So sorry for your loss Frank! Thats' got to be real tough.

Suggestion: Go back to your first post and click the edit button and change the wording so if anyone sends it will go to the right place.

28-Jun-16
It's always sad when we lose one of our own! RIP Leo!

ElkNut1

• Sitka Gear