elkstabber 29-Feb-16
TeamWarrior 29-Feb-16
quixote151 18-Mar-16
oldgoat 18-Mar-16
Treeline 18-Mar-16
YZF-88 18-Mar-16
FLGator 18-Mar-16
29-Feb-16
Looking for a really good backcountry archery mule deer DIY hunt that is either OTC or feasible to draw within 2-3 years.

My goal is to shoot for 2018. Any help is greatly appreciated!

29-Feb-16
Nevada's Ruby Mountains area 10 is an easy draw for archery by a nonresident. I haven't been yet.

29-Feb-16
Thx elkstabber!

18-Mar-16
Warrior if youre from North Carolina there are a lot closer over the counter tags to you than Nevada. What caliber of deer are you looking for?

18-Mar-16
I've hunted Nevada, not backcountry though, that isn't a place to cut your teeth but it is an experience you should have before you can't anymore! Try to get up enough money to start acquiring points, still time for that in Colorado this year, better units tend to require points and there are no otc deer units in Colorado!

18-Mar-16
Lots of units in CO you can draw with 0 points for archery. The deer are doing pretty well in most of the mountain units. Lots of options.

18-Mar-16
I would learn a 0 point CO unit if I was in your position. I have 6 or 7 CO points and they are not needed for a good archery deer tag. Dont know what to do with them at this point.

18-Mar-16
Pick up Robby Denning's new book Hunting Big Mule Deer and David Longs Public Land Mule Deer as I think you'll find both great resources for your application.

• Sitka Gear