ridgefire1 09-Mar-16
Mr.C 09-Mar-16
weekender21 09-Mar-16
Mr.C 10-Mar-16
Mr.C 10-Mar-16
weekender21 11-Mar-16
Mr.C 11-Mar-16
05-Mar-16
I'm working in Western WA state for a few months and of course I brought my bow. Does anyone know if there are turkeys in western WA? From the research I've done the Eastern part of the state around Spokane is loaded but there isn't much for information on the west side. It definitely rains a lot, not your typical turkey habitat either.

I'm taking the bowhunter safety course required to hunt AK this weekend with a few friends. If there isn't good turkey hunting within 3-4 hours it's back to skiing and fly fishing!

05-Mar-16
What city are you in? I have hunted along the Columbia River an hour or so east of Vancouver. Merriam turkeys there. Not a lot of them but they are there.

05-Mar-16
I'm in the Seattle area. The WA fish and game maps show turkeys on the eastern side of the Cascade range. Might not have to drive all the way to Spokane but nothing close to me from what I can tell.

TreeWalker, I was also looking in that area. That's the only part of the state with a 2 bird limit besides NE WA.

07-Mar-16
Your way closer then you think Mr...find hiway 410 Enumclaw follow East to nile creek rd turn right then go to Clover springs rd and turn right ,drive 3 plus miles back past the no hunting signs and stay left turns to the top.great views of the Devils table and youll find birds,elk,mule deer and cali big horns and rattle snakes,,the area is known as the Nile GMU352...Cle Elum off I90 is the Teanaway area GMU335 has birds but I know nothing of the area

2.5 plus hrs to the nile on a good day 1.5 hrs to Cle Elum

and watch your speed on said roads Troopers dont play here...have fun be safe

07-Mar-16
There are birds in the Teanaway and Manastash units both sides of I-90/97 from Cle Elum to Wenatchee. The Eastern Wild Turkeys in Western Washington are toughest turkey you will ever hunt, save some fuel and boot leather and head over the hill.

07-Mar-16
Thanks for the help, I'm looking forward to just getting out there with a bow and camera in hand. I haven't missed a turkey season since I shot my first bird in 2006. Just having a tag in my pocket and the opportunity to hunt is really all I'm looking for.

08-Mar-16
Anxious to hear back from ya as my brother lives up there and has only found a few east of Vancouver like suggested. Good luck buddy

09-Mar-16
I would suggest driving the couple extra hours and heading north of Spokane or towards the Springdale area.

09-Mar-16
spring turkey non resident $44.50 April 15 May 31 state wide.... the fall turkey hunts are all the way across the state! like above spokane which is 6.5 plus hrs away... ive never hunted Turkeys!never had the desire to ...but that could change i bet its a kick

MikeC

09-Mar-16
Lots of fun! I'll also need a small game NR license if I read to regs correctly. I apply for goat/sheep/moose points every year so that license should be discounted.

10-Mar-16
yes NR licence needed, are you sitting down! small game license$183.50 plus tag $44.50 and i think a $2.00 dealer fee ...thats alot in my opinion for a bird...

10-Mar-16
just talked with a friend that lives in CleElum he says there alot of birds in the Teanaway area 2 hrs from Seattle if that...dammit now I wanna turkey hunt see what ya started hahaha MikeC

11-Mar-16
I'm aware of the NR fees. You should see what I have to pay each year for MT Goat, moose, and sheep points in your state! WA takes and keeps more NR money than most when applying for points.

11-Mar-16
I know! its not cheap for NR here,like silly expensive if you ask me

• Sitka Gear