BOHNTR 10-Mar-16
Ermine 11-Mar-16
joehunter8301 17-Mar-16
primitve 12-Apr-16
Chad429 12-Apr-16
Chad429 12-Apr-16
joehunter8301 14-Apr-16
09-Mar-16

Here is our video from last spring in Northern California. Alot of you followed our thread and read the stories and saw pics. Well here is how those hunts unfolded. We sure had a lot of fun making this video. Can't wait til our season opens. Couple more weeks for us. Hope you guys enjoy the video and good luck to everyone this spring!

09-Mar-16
Last year like every year was a blast and had its own special times in the turkey woods with old friends and new. Me personally I enjoy calling in birds for my buddies and family members more than for myself as you saw. To be apart of a successful hunt and involved for me is what drives me, especially with the kids. In a couple weeks again I'll be taking a junior, Ryan out and can't wait to spend time in the woods with him and his father Scott (Scoot). Speaking the (turkey) language is something that I take pride in and enjoy with turkeys and other game that's callable as well. I also love the challenge of hunting without a blind. It's very addicting once I figured it out and what's required. This year again will be great and until then I'll be prepping and dreaming of big Cali longbeards. A special thanks to my buddy Brent (Passthru) for editing this video for us. As you saw his caribou video, which was recently posted was awesome as well. Good luck to everyone this spring and hope everyone enjoys the video!

09-Mar-16
TRIPLE FUN. And yep, fired up for sure.

my best, Paul

09-Mar-16
Awesome video guys! Well done.

Best of luck this spring!

09-Mar-16
Turkey vids don't get no better than that! Really well done boys. Thanks for taking the time. Get 'em, Ryan!

09-Mar-16
Loved the part of the bird standing on the decoy and the previous two misses!

09-Mar-16
Awesome video! Great job all around. Thanks for letting me be a part of it. Good luck Ryan! Have a blast!

09-Mar-16
Nice job fellas...as usual!

09-Mar-16
You guys do know, don't you, that wouldn't be possible with Alabama turkeys? (Wanted to beat him to it.)

Chris, what was that slate? Like the sound of the break over...but that usually has more to do with the hands using the call, than the brand of the call.

Great video, thanks.

09-Mar-16
Thanks guys! Michael it's a madd aluminator

09-Mar-16
Awesome video. I'm jealous.

Best quote: "these California Toms are some of the toughest in the country" HEHE!

The headshot was outstanding

09-Mar-16
makes a fella wanna go for turkeys really nice video work guys MikeC

09-Mar-16
Best half hour of non-stop footage and photos collected in one season that I have ever seen.

Joe: you looked like you were ready for Ice Cream Mode there for mental status and physical status boost!

09-Mar-16
Thanks, Chris, looked like a wooden striker, which is about all I can get to really work on metal.

Back in the early 80s, when I hunted with Ray Eye deep in the Missouri Ozarks, we used to stop at a true General Store and get chocolate milk and a Hostess fruit pie during or after hunts. Quite the ritual at the time.

When the seasons get rolling, I might start a thread on such rituals turkey hunters go through...

Thanks again for the video. :-)

09-Mar-16
Great job as always guys. Hammer time!!!! Hunt

09-Mar-16
Just what I expected, awesome footage and hunts guys! Thanks for sharing and have a great Spring!

09-Mar-16
I generally don't need much firing up, but that will definitely do it !

09-Mar-16
Thanks everyone. Glad you guys are enjoying it. Can't wait for the action to begin!!

10-Mar-16
Breaking up here. A buddy counted 40-something jakes in one flock last week. That's got to be some kind of record.

Can you imagine the havoc they'd play with a few hens, or a solo tom?

I saw my first longbeard out on his own mid-morning today. By the looks of his head and wattles...he was ready to die. :-)

Three weeks until youth season. Jake'll be doing it archery again, this year, too.

10-Mar-16
Dang writer that's a lot of jakes... I saw 6 in a group yesterday with 3 longbeards and gems and thought that was a lot. T-minus 10 days

10-Mar-16
Chris...do you have a special youth and/or archery season, or is that when the regular season opens.

We tried to get a late March opener, but the biologist told us the weather is too cold (like that's predictable in Kansas) and that it would be too early work turkeys. (Insert sigh, and slow, horizontal head shakes.)

10-Mar-16
The weekend before our opener is a junior only season of two days. It's a lot of fun and birds are usually hotter then two mice ******* in a wool sock. Can't wait!

10-Mar-16
...a wool sock, LOL,

Consider that line stolen...

I'd wish you luck, but you guys don't seem to need it. :-)

10-Mar-16
Scoot I can't wait buddy. Lookin promising I was out scouting a spot the other night an counted more longbeards than we can kill in a season :-)

10-Mar-16
yes!!!!!!!!!

10-Mar-16
Really nice video guys !! Way to put the hammer down on bigsquirt !!

10-Mar-16
Bad azz, guys!

11-Mar-16
Sweet video

17-Mar-16
Thanks guys. Little bump for those who might have missed it. Get ya fired up.

12-Apr-16
Trkysl you take some sweet photos! Gave me some great poses for my Kentucky hunt this next week (if I'm fortunate that is).

12-Apr-16
Awesome video guys!! You guys do a fantastic job, and yes that got me fired up! Heading out tomorrow morning for the MN opener!

12-Apr-16
Ya Scoot my 8 year old will be trying for his first bird on Saturday, its gonna make for one exciting morning that's for sure! Good luck to you and your kids!

14-Apr-16
Good luck Chad. And thanks for the compliments. Yea that trkysl guy sure knows how to take some great pix... :-)

• Sitka Gear