nijimasu 26-Mar-16
Tonybear61 26-Mar-16
Tonybear61 26-Mar-16
Two Feathers 28-Mar-16
Two Feathers 28-Mar-16
sfiremedic 28-Mar-16
nijimasu 29-Mar-16
13-Mar-16
Looking for a bow for my youngest. Have looked at craigslist and that other archery website, and I'll keep searching there, but have yet to succeed. I was wondering if y'all can suggest someplace to look, or if you know someone, or let me know if you have one you'd sell me. He's at 25 inch draw length at the moment, and needs 40 lb pull to hunt here legally. P.m me if you like.

Thanks

Dale

13-Mar-16
I bought my 11 year old a new PSE Stinger X, on ebay. I think it was about $230 delivered. Lots of adjustment on length and weight.

13-Mar-16
Got a Hoyt Ignite for my son a couple years ago for $300 with Whisker Biscuit and peep. Been pretty happy with it.

13-Mar-16

WausauDug's embedded Photo
WausauDug's embedded Photo
my boy has the Bear Apprentice kit and its a pretty good set up. He's pulling mid 30lbs and shooting HellRazors for max penetration. He got his first deer, this spiker and as you can see it worked great! This was a spine shot and even w/ this poundage the deer went right down.

13-Mar-16
I have a brand new Bear Apprentice. Never used, $215.00 shipped if you want it. Bought it for my son and he never was interested in it.

13-Mar-16
My 10 year old boy has the bear apprentice 2 and my daughter has the Diamond infinite edge. Both are great bows and are very adjustable in DL and DW. look for a deal on either of these models and you cant go wrong for a youngster. HFlier offered you a very good deal (IMO) for the Apprentice if it comes with all the goodies (rest, sight, quiver, etc...). Good luck and good job getting the youngster involved.

13-Mar-16
I just started looking today for my 10 yo grandson. ebay is another source. I haven't checked craigslist yet but I will.

13-Mar-16
I bought a Hoyt ignite for my son and he has been really happy with it. Big range of adjustment in draw weight and length.

14-Mar-16

OFFHNTN's embedded Photo
OFFHNTN's embedded Photo
I also got my 9 year old the Hoyt Ignite last year.

14-Mar-16
If you find a Mission Craze for a reasonable price they are good bows. I set up my little sister with one and she killed a 4-point with a passthrough with a Magnus Stinger. It's very easy to adjust and she shoots it very well.

14-Mar-16
Dale, I think I can help you out. I've got something I think he'd like and enjoy.

14-Mar-16

Nick Muche's MOBILE embedded Photo
Nick Muche's MOBILE embedded Photo

Diamond Infinite Edge. 25-65 lbs. all yours if you'd like it. I can send it out tomorrow.

15-Mar-16
Holy Cow- Nice bow Nick! That certainly would fill the bill! That's not going to leave Ms. Stefanie without a bow though is it? Please let me know how much/what I can send you for it!

15-Mar-16
Nothing pal, nothing at all. Just send me a PM with your address and I will get it in the mail right away. Hopefully he is as good of a shot as your daughter!

PS... We like fishing with egg sacks for both salmon and trout :)

15-Mar-16
P.M. sent- You're too good to me, sir, and I certainly don't deserve it.

I can certainly tie something that will pass for eggs-

15-Mar-16
Awesome nick! Got one of those for my son and it's worth every penny. Good bow that will grow with him.

15-Mar-16
Yup, the PSE StingerX is a great bow for the money. I bouhgt one completely set up with sights,rest, peep stabilizer and all for about $300. I used it as a back up bow last year. You can get them from 19"-30" and 40-70#s all adjustable without a bow press. Shawn

15-Mar-16
That Infinite edge is a great starter bow! Nick that is a very generous offer. That bow is good enough for an adult bow with a IBO of 310fps. I got it for my grandson 3 years ago, I've had to adjust draw and poundage on it 4 times now all without a bow press and its so easy to tune.

16-Mar-16
I have a Parker Sidekick Extreme that I purchased for my daughter about 3 years ago. Probably shot less than 250 arrows through it. Comes with a whisker biscuit, 3 pin fiber optic sight, peep sight & kisser button. The bow is right handed, 20-40 lbs and draw length is 18-28 inches.

$100 plus shipping.

I can send you pics.

John call or email: 623-680-4458 [email protected]

16-Mar-16
John - if it was left handed I would jump on it. I'm still looking for a used left hand.

16-Mar-16
Dale,

Let me know if you need a release. My daughter is switching releases and I plan to pass her old one to a new shooter.

16-Mar-16
Got a PSE Stinger X for my 14yr old nephew last year - very good bow, and a nice shooter. Tons of adjustability.

His younger brother (age 10) got a Mission Craze for Xmas this year. Seems like a good bow as well.

Can't go wrong with the Infinite Edge either.

16-Mar-16
Hey Two feathers, My son who is now 19 and left handed out grew his hoyt RinTec. The bow is for lefties and a great little shooter.

$75 & shipping. I am in Peoria, AZ.

I can send you pics.

John call or email: 623-680-4458 [email protected]

16-Mar-16
Twofeathers... I've got a left handed hoyt rintec. great for a 10-12yrs old. It's yours if you want it?

16-Mar-16
Ouch! I was just trying to get enough to buy new arrows for my son. If $75 is too much for someone else, make an offer. No biggie

16-Mar-16
My 11 year old has a Mission Kraze. I really like it seems durable, forgiving, and highly adjustable. Very fun bow for kids to shoot. It's a lefty too.

16-Mar-16
Jeff and John - PM's sent. Thank you both!

26-Mar-16

nijimasu's embedded Photo
Many thanks to Nick- My son loves the bow Nick gave him-- I mean, he gives it a hug every morning loves it.

26-Mar-16

first time trying a 40 yard target.

26-Mar-16

I really own Nick more than I can say here- several years ago he also gave my daughter this bow- which she has killed two mule deer with. If you don't know Nick, he occasionally kills a few animals himself.

Thanks again Nick- I really can't thank you enough.

26-Mar-16

Tonybear61's embedded Photo
Tonybear61's embedded Photo
My daughter loves her Parker side-kick. My son is shooting a Barnett Vortex. We go out to the 3-D shoots as a family and at about target 25 or so Dad challenges the kids to shoot from the adult stake. If they shoot better than me they get the $ for the target number we are on. Cost me between $13-78 last couple of shoots. However, they do need to put 2/3 of it in the bank for school or spend on archery equipment ;).

Both of them also shoot Shakespear or Bear recurves.

26-Mar-16
As I recall my arrow is the one just out of the 10x ring..

28-Mar-16

Two Feathers's embedded Photo
Our sincere thanks to sfiremedic. He offered my grandson, Gabe, a free left handed Hoyt Rintec. We accepted the offer.

About two weeks before this he shot bow with his uncle and grandmother. They both shoot wheel bows. Gabe on the other hand has never shot a wheel bow. Since 5 he's been shooting stickbows and getting good at it. Pins, peeps, break over, let off, release - it's all new to him. Me, I'm sticking with stickbows.

The bow came in as scheduled. Gabe got home from school 15 minutes before I got home from work. By the time I got home Gabe has the bow unpacked. He's looking at in awe with all the "things" on it. But he had one problem. He couldn't pull it.

In came in on my scale and it peaked at 38#. I was able to get an owners manual off of Hoyt's website. We changed the draw length and made it 4 inches shorter and that dropped the draw weight. Now he was pulling 32 and holding 10#. He could do that.

Yesterday his uncle and grandmother were shooting with him again but this time with his Rintec.

Thanks, again Jeff.

This is the first flick I took of the boy and his bow. He likes shooting it a lot. They have been off school for Easter and if he hasn't been sleeping he has been shooting the 'Rintec'. Today he took a day off from shooting.

28-Mar-16

Because of the snow we went into the barn and shot. This was his best group of the day. He really likes the 'Rintec'.

He says for 3D shoots he will stick with his stickbow cause he doesn't have any competition. Most of the 3D shoots he's been to, most, if not all, the kids are shooting compounds.

28-Mar-16
Great pictures. I'm so glad Gabe likes the bow and enjoys shooting. The bow literally sat in my sons closet for two years because he outgrew it. I'm happy it's being used again.

Good Job Gabe!!!

29-Mar-16
There are some awesome people in the world. it's a good thing to remember.

• Sitka Gear