jsthuntn 15-Mar-16
Stealth2 15-Mar-16
AXE MAN 17-Mar-16
TSI 17-Mar-16
Roose 17-Mar-16
Julius K 18-Mar-16
wildwilderness 18-Mar-16
14-Mar-16
Hey everybody, I have a bear hunt planned this year and need some help. I am looking for some cheap liquid smoke for baiting. I found some a few years ago that was in gallon jugs. I have been searching the web, and can't seem to find where i got it again. If someone could point me in the right direction, I sure would appreciate any help. Thanks

14-Mar-16
I think it's unnecessary but everyone has their own baiting regime. I'd look at two companies' products, Baitem907 and Boarmaster's. Both make great products to supplement and add scent to your baits.

14-Mar-16

spike buck's embedded Photo
A future bear hunter!!

Don't know how this picture of this young hunter showed up, but congrats to her and her parents for raising a bowhunter!!

14-Mar-16

This business sells liquid smoke in gallon jugs or 5 gallons. I'm pretty sure he ships anywhere. Cambridge Mn.

This is the picture I tried to post.

15-Mar-16
someone should coach that younger archer not so step on the ammo.

15-Mar-16
Thanks for the responses! I have already made an order from Boarmasters. I have used their products in the past and really like them. I realize there are as many opinions of what works as there are bear hunters out there. In the past I have used a big water squirt gun to spray liquid smoke into the trees around the bait, I have no evidence that it made a big difference but I know it didn't hurt. I figure the more scent in the air the better. I will check out Lucky 7 and see what they have. Thanks Again!

15-Mar-16
For spring bear, I had real good luck using James Valley Sow in Heat. Very potent stuff...

17-Mar-16
Spot and Stalk ..Col does Not allow bating .

17-Mar-16
Anything works some things work better.meat and sweats.

17-Mar-16
I have found here in Manitoba that sunflower seeds work amazing! Put some grease over top and they love it...baits get hit really hard.

18-Mar-16
I have started a small fire and then snuffed it out at my site. You can smell it for a long time.

18-Mar-16
James Valley Sow in Heat- how do you use it? on a wick? make a drag trail?

Looks interesting, I have a Utah late spring/summer hunt that goes June 4th- July 1. From what I have learned that will be in the "rut" and boars will be out looking

Also some say later in the season meat is important on the bait? more so than sweet and grain?

• Sitka Gear