TSI 28-Mar-16
eddie c 29-Mar-16
killinstuff 29-Mar-16
Fuzzy 31-Mar-16
HighLife 31-Mar-16
Blacktail Bob 31-Mar-16
Blacktail Bob 31-Mar-16
28-Mar-16
After watching Jim Shockey a lot, I've come to realize that part of the reason he always dresses in black is that he wants the bears to think that he is just another bear.

I was wondering if anyone has tried that, wearing black in the tree stand, while bowhunting bears?

I understand from experienced hunters that they usually know that you are there. So, I thought, why not just let them think you are a bear?

Yeah, it's March and I'm getting cabin fever.

TBB

28-Mar-16
I don't know about your theory, but in our country and at my bear camp, I wear the lightest colored clothes I have when guiding, while my guests wear darker clothes mostly in darker camo. Guests ask me why? all the time. I'll just point to the mosquitoes and sand flies hovering around them and point out how many around me. I'll have 1/10th. Doesn't take long for the dress code to change once I do that!

28-Mar-16
Bear Track, not trying to be a smartass but I bet your clients would prefer to know this type of information before they arrived. I know I would. Thanks for the tip.

28-Mar-16
A bear can smell from 6 miles away.

I believe to the darker clothing help to cover movement sight- not scent.

The last thing I want is a bear crawling up a tree thinking I'm a fellow bear - to say "hello" (Especially with Cubs)

Bear Tracks comment about lighter clothing and less mosquitoes is interesting.

28-Mar-16
If you are going to hunt Western Canadian bears they will likely climb your tree no matter what color you are wearing. They are very curious at blobs in trees. C

28-Mar-16
Wear anything as long as your still and quiet you will get the same results.

29-Mar-16
I read years ago that mosquitoes are attracted to darker colors due to the darker colors radiate heat. it was also stated that the lighter colors blend into the skyline better when in a tree but my success rate done show that. lol

29-Mar-16
Works on hogs

31-Mar-16
Bears in Newfoundland were much more wary of bears, than of humans.

31-Mar-16
I thought it was because it made him look skinny for the camera;>

31-Mar-16
I guess the hat makes him look like Smokey?

31-Mar-16
I think the outfit is like most everything you see on TV shows, its either for entertainment value or to sell a product.

• Sitka Gear