midwest 10-Apr-16
hunt4em 10-Apr-16
milnrick 10-Apr-16
Bou'bound 10-Apr-16
Mule Power 10-Apr-16
Matt 10-Apr-16
Seminole 11-Apr-16
28-Mar-16
So... TBM says "...Any heavy pressure area or area where turkeys are naturally wary favors my system...."

What exactly is this super secret, super effective system?

Lots of folks bash TBM because of all the comments he tosses around. I'm curious to see if he really knows anything and if he is really willing to help other hunters.

28-Mar-16
There is not a big enough can of worms!

28-Mar-16
I thought he was thrown off of here. Is he back, does he have a new handle?

28-Mar-16
Mad angler please Dont encourage him.

28-Mar-16
patdel TIMES TWO! Do not fuel the fire.

It's just a turkey. They can't even smell! Just get up early and put in your time and you'll kill one. If there's to much pressure the best system is probably go somewhere else. Good luck.

28-Mar-16
Alright, alright! :)

28-Mar-16
I agree. It takes a lot to get banned. You have to seriously offend people and ignore warnings. Last time we lost a few good members over it which is terrible.

Over & out.

28-Mar-16
Let's please move on and try not incite trouble.

28-Mar-16
Dang, I thought it was just an unlikely coincidence.

TBM, I don't wish you any ill will, but you gotta learn your arrogance and belittling is such a downer. ESPECIALLY OVER TURKEYS!!!

28-Mar-16
Ok. Bighurt, that is a good start.

You have a neat custom blind. I can see how that might be useful. I assume that it can be set up quickly and quietly. And i have seen some turkeys shy away from big hub blinds.

I can see how the cali guys approach of just hiding in natural cover could offer similar benefits. That is how i usually hunt when using a shotgun. It definitely works.

But what else? A way to hide is not a "system "

28-Mar-16
Doesn't really matter how you do it does it? If whoever can kill a bird, good on them!

29-Mar-16
I have hunted out of these awesome blinds Bighurt made. They were a major upgrade over what existed at the time but they IMHO are extremely lacking compared to a hub blind. They are a pain to setup and you can't really do it quickly. If that is part of the system I will keep what I have.

29-Mar-16
Bet listening to Lynyrd Skynyrd on the way to the turkey woods is in there somewhere.

29-Mar-16
It seems pretty obvious that this is an attempt to troll someone. Not sure why it’s necessary to kick a guy when he is down.

29-Mar-16
Folks have wondered why I started this thread...

TBM has come on many threads. He has boasted and bragged. He has also belittled and insulted many folks.

But he has also killed a lot of turkeys.

I want to see if he can add anything positive to this forum.

29-Mar-16
"I don't have no pride when it comes to killing turkeys."

That's a fact, you don't have no pride, you're nothing but pride!

Good luck this spring Steve.

29-Mar-16
" Bet listening to Lynyrd Skynyrd on the way to the turkey woods is in there somewhere."

I'm not sure if this is part of it or not... but, it can't hurt!

29-Mar-16
Free bird !!

29-Mar-16
LOL!

(Pronounced 'L?h-'nérd 'Skin-'nérd)

29-Mar-16

Train roll on, system on the line, Won't you please take me far, far away Now I feel the wind blow, outside my door, I'm leavin' my woman at home, oh yeah Turkey's gone with the wind, Oh my boots are gone, gone with the wind And I don't know, oh, where I'm goin' I just want to be left alone When this train ends, I'll try again I'm leavin' my woman at home

Turkey's gone with the wind Turkey's gone with the wind Turkey's gone with the wind My baby's gone, with the wind Train roll on, Tuesday's gone

Train roll on many miles from my home, see I'm I'm ridin' my hamblaster, away yeah But Turkey you see, my boots had to be free Somehow I got to, to carry on

Turkey's gone with the wind Turkey's gone with the wind Turkey's gone with the wind My boots are gone, with the wind

29-Mar-16
Every time a TBM subject comes up on here it makes grown men act like high school girls ! Haters gonna hate. Good luck this year BH.

29-Mar-16
I'm gonna try the Lynyrd Skynyrd thing this year just to make sure it doesn't help.

29-Mar-16
I have to give it to him. He consistently kills turkeys in the area that he does with a bow and that is impressive. I hunt the area and there aren't many that could do it without years of practice and most couldn't do it then. It is a shame that he derails so often. He could be an awesome contributor.

29-Mar-16
So, I'm guessing during deer season it would be,

"Give me tree steps, give me tree steps, Mister, give me tree steps towards the doe...."

(With help from Orion....)

29-Mar-16
After todays winds, it would probably go like: Turkey gone with the wind, Decoy gone with the wind, Double Bull gone with the wind, my patience gone, gone with the wind.

29-Mar-16
This just proves that y'all don't know nuthin about turkey huntin. Lynyrd Skynyrd is snipe huntin music !

Charlie Daniels Band is turkey huntin music !

29-Mar-16
"What's That Smell"?

29-Mar-16
Carly Simon's "Your So Vain" seems to come to mind.

29-Mar-16
Bighurt, I'm reading your last post and trying to find something helpful. I don't see anything. All I see is more boasting and bragging.

Isn't anything useful that you can pass on to other turkey hunters?

29-Mar-16
Mad Angler.......round and round we go.....again!

He will offer nothing......simply toot his little horn.

30-Mar-16
The Cali boys could come kill birds down in your woods with their eyes closed. They kill all sorts of critters not just turkeys. More species = more impressive for me

30-Mar-16
Sounds like his system is to use a Loc-on stand. There you have it.

30-Mar-16
Well, lucky for me I think I have a Loc-On out in the garage somewhere. Nice stands, just had to get comfortable with them folding different than most.

Dont believe they are still in business.

On a serious note, would be neat to see an idea that is working. Before Double Bull blinds were a thing, I ran into some guys that made simple burlap blinds for their own use. It was a 3'+ tall by about 7' wide strip of camo burlap with 4 or 5 vertical stakes sewn in spaced evenly. The river bottom was full of cedars and they would use a cedar as a backdrop and stake the blind out in a semi circle in front. Had a couple notches for shooting. They unrolled and set up fast and the guys said they had been killing birds for several years with them.

30-Mar-16
But I still don't think a blind really matters. The Cali guys and the shotgun guys don't use any blind. Sitting next to natural cover is way faster and quieter than any blind. All a snazzy blind can do is minimize the penalty of using a blind.

The snazzy blind can't help find birds or bring birds within range. It might help with the actual shooting but that is the end. Finding birds and getting them within bow range is the hardest part.

So, how does "the system" find birds or bring them in range?

Come on Bighurt, I'm givng you every chance to actually contribute and add something positive to the bowsite. So far, you haven't delivered...

30-Mar-16
The value in this post so far is entertainment. I as a new turkey hunter am getting nothing to use in the field. I would like to see TBM come and work his system out here in Colorado, west of I25. I give TBM credit for his choice of chain saw though.

30-Mar-16
Lynard Skynard came on the radio earlier, and I can now not get this post out of my head. Thanks guys!

30-Mar-16
I keep coming back wondering if there's really going to be any value added to this thread. Alas, I'm done. Before departing, I will say this.

BigHurt, I've read everything you've posted this season on turkey hunting and watched your YouTube videos. There is nothing present in any of these, which is above the basic beginner level of turkey hunting.

I've been killing exclusively mature toms for years with laminated wood bows and cedar arrows...from natural and commercial blinds. My average shot is between 10-15'. I solely run commercial blinds now, as I can sleep in them and wake up to pull shots off when doing long 'blind eyed sits.' Ha! I've never worried about brushing or hiding my huge Double Bull Recurve model blind. Turkeys do not care. This is for both private and hard hunted public birds. They do not care.

In TN we have approximately half a million birds estimated by TWRA. Alabama has approximately 1/4 more any given year. BigHurt, you hunt where there are lots of birds, and this is the foremost factor in one's success rate.

30-Mar-16
Mad_Angler, I'm not sure how experienced you are at turkey hunting but there is no magic elixir that is fool proof and works every time. The most tried and true tip I can give you falls under the "time spent" rule. The more time you spend in the turkey woods every season the better you are going to get at killing them. You need to spend multiple consecutive days chasing these critters to understand at which point in their breeding cycle they are on any given day. That's important info because as the stages of their breeding cycle changes so do their habits, reactions to decoys and even roosting locations, to name a few. Nothing is a slam dunk in the turkey hunting game. What works today doesn't tomorrow and that's an advantage you will have if you spend much time chasing them on consecutive days. Soon you will be able to go back in your mental notes and have an answer to what they are doing and why they are doing it. Success will follow!

30-Mar-16
Mad_Angler, The Cali guy have it easy. Those birds are retarded. I'm not trying to be an A-hole, just pointing out the obvious. In fact, I am jealous. I wish the birds I hunt were so stupid.

Panther Bone, I totally agree with you. Turkeys don't care about what blinds you use. The biggest contributor to success is the bird population. Second is being patient.

30-Mar-16
Foremost factor in success rate, I said was population numbers...but, I'd say long beard is right on time spent hunting. These two are the biggest factors in killing.

30-Mar-16
And as I now proof read what I wrote above, I might add that any given point in a breeding cycle could change from flock to flock. Even if they are only separated by a couple of miles. Flock dynamics has a lot to do with this.

30-Mar-16
Tndeer, might be on to something as our Turks must be easy like the Arizona coues bucks or blacktails blacktailbob hunts, the elk Danny and jaquamo hunts, etc..... Wait a second I've killed bucks and Bulls to ... I for a second thought those guys actually had some skills cuz they get it done, guess not. Smh ... turkeys are turkeys we have tough pressured birds we hunt just like the rest of the country and we kill them. And I've seen other turkey hunters kill tough eastern birds without a blind at close range so I guess those are retarded birds to.. Good luck this spring!

30-Mar-16
Turkeys are all about pressure . The more hunting pressure the harder they are to kill period . I had spots in Georgia that I could kill a bird every time . No pressure easy to kill. Birds out west are easy because of lack of hunting pressure . I can set my T5 up in under a minute . I would love to find another original t5 if anyone wants to sell. Hunt

30-Mar-16
I guess anytime I can make it look easy then certainly I'm just hunting retarded animals who are committing suicide. Like my bull at 16 yards on day 8, or my coues at 18 yards on day 7, or my Washington buck at 23 yards in a torrential downpour... Yea TN haters like you fuel me. Thanks guy!

30-Mar-16
"Turkeys are all about pressure. The more hunting pressure the harder they are to kill period."

I find this very true and that's where a healthy population comes in. More turkeys to hunt gives you more turkeys that have not been pressured.

All good turkey hunters that consistently kill mature birds, like our California brethren, are well aware of the problems associated with pressured birds and take extra precautions to minimize exposing themselves and pressuring turkeys. If you have the ability to not overhunt a property and can rotate hunts between properties it helps a lot. Softer and less calling can also help kill pressured birds that have been hammered by calls as the season progresses. Using different types of callers than are normally used can also help. Break out a trumpet or wingbone on a gobbler that has been hunted hard with mouth calls & box calls and it can almost be magic sometimes.

30-Mar-16
Exactly^^^^^

30-Mar-16
These here Southerners think they's Turkeys is smart...well "smart" is a relative term. When your state has more Turkeys than High School graduates, and them birds score higher on the SAT than those that actually do graduate...well...they is smart ;?)

Turkeys are Turkeys...go getcha some and have fun!

30-Mar-16
Hunt said it best! The difficulty of turkey hunts is usually determined by numbers and pressure. I take extra precaution making sure birds never see me set up a blind or get out of one. I have hunted birds in the past that definitely were blind shy and would avoid walking by them.

30-Mar-16

"The Cali guy have it easy. Those birds are retarded."

30-Mar-16
TBM is listed as a participant on the top 1000 list on the current bloodtrail challenge.

30-Mar-16
sadly bowsite is not what it was 5 years ago... This post didn't even have any real comedic value other than SITO's post....

30-Mar-16
This thread is a real head-shaker...

30-Mar-16
What about banned don't you understand?

30-Mar-16
Foremost factor in success rate, I said was population numbers...but, I'd say long beard is right on time spent hunting. These two are the biggest factors in killing.

30-Mar-16
"When your state has more Turkeys than High School graduates, and them birds score higher on the SAT than those that actually do graduate...well...they is smart ;?)"

OK, I am soooooooo jealous of that one, Kyle, dang!

Some of the easiest birds I've killed were in FL, AL, MS and I've had my ass-kicked in NM, SD, TX, KS.

Some of the hardest birds I didn't kill were in FL, AL, MS and I've found the (can't use the word since I have a nephew so challenged) in NM, SD, TX and KS.

They're friggin' turkeys, guys. Their balls are 10 times bigger than their brains...kind of like all three high school graduates....oh, never mind.

There are quite a few hunters on here who can kill turkeys about anywhere they go, from coast to coast. Been there, done that, recognize the skills.

30-Mar-16
50 Longbeards in 600 acres......Shit ....I could even kill one there !!!!

30-Mar-16
I may have killed more turkeys than Bighurt. Mine were with a shotgun though. :^) So, I'm not trying to steal his thunder. But, killing turkeys is all about location, location, location. Then pressure, pressure, pressure.

It can be just like elk hunting. I know you western guys scoff at that but, it really is if you are hunting an area that you can walk a long ways. The last time I hunted the Talladega National Forest, my gps said I walked over 15 miles a day, 5 of the 6 days I was hunting. Before daylight to after dark. You simply walk until you get a response then try to figure out how to kill him. If you are hunting places you are confined, you must play the waiting game. The key is being around them. If you spend your time in places turkeys spend their time, you WILL have the chance to kill one.

I remember the article Will Primos stated that about WV turkeys. He credited the extremely steep and rugged terrain and, the problems setting up on them it creates, as the reason for ranking them the hardest to kill. Steep and rough makes it physically grueling. But, steep and rough makes setting up on birds a downright shot in the dark too. That's the hardest part. Getting them to cooperate in this kind of terrain is nearly impossible.

God Bless men.

30-Mar-16
BigHurt, I assumed folks would understand that population density (you said "condensation" [sic]) and total estimated numbers go together in the equation.

Alabama is approximately 26,000 square miles smaller than NE. This would equate to a greater population density in AL than what NE offers. Add to this the greater degree of developed land in AL, and the matter is accentuated. I've been to NE and killed Merriams in Chadron. NE, best my young eyes could tell, is way more open and undeveloped than AL.

Your AL hunting, like mine in TN, is better suited to success because of this. When you find holdings of birds, they should be 'denser.'

It's hard to say how many birds NE holds, to be fair, due to their shoddy estimating procedures.

I'm glad you kill birds. I hope you have a healthy and happy season. Seriously, though, give up the bravado. It's grounded on shaky sand, friend.

30-Mar-16
WV Mountaineer...spot on - if you find birds and hang out long enough, you'll get your chance.

I've never hunted WV, but it looks like a challenge. I know it's beautiful!

30-Mar-16
50 toms in 600 acres?! I've heard there are areas in Nebraska like that, but not where I hunt.

The spots I hunt in Nebraska usually have somewhere around 10 to 15 birds (with about 2 or 3 longbeards) on the entire property. These properties average around 200 acres each. I'm not even sure I'd enjoy hunting a spot with the type of density that TBM mentioned above. I enjoy the challenge of hunting a small number of birds.

I'm a bit stymied right now, though, because the few birds in the areas I hunt haven't left their wintering properties yet which are all on other properties in the area. I have zero birds on my spots at the moment. After they start breaking up, that is when the dozen or so birds move into the spots I have permission to hunt.

31-Mar-16
Yes, the little things. Now that's using your noggin'.

31-Mar-16
LOL - envy!

31-Mar-16
"Jack Harris, bowsite is just like hunting..there are good spots and bad..ups and downs. Keep hunting, you will find what you like eventually. Do yourself a spring turkey hunt and post the results..contribute to some of the good!! "

Good point but these damn turkey posts sure make it sound too complicated for someone with my ability, therefore I fish in the spring..... :)

31-Mar-16
WV Mountaineer nailed...I'm with him in that I have killed hundreds of birds over my hunting career. And like Writer says coast to coast, been there, done that. But one thing is for sure; turkeys aren't turkeys among different species and locations. I'm not saying any one of the species is better/harder/easier than any of the other, but they certainly aren't the same. Some of it has to do with pressure for sure and some of it is just because each species is different. Whether its habitat, demeanor, pressure, population density or whatever other variable you can through in, they vary from region to region and species to species. In order to be successful you have to learn to adopt your hunting skills. Well said WVM and Bighurt you have many good points also

31-Mar-16
Mr. Engel, I apologize for my original post. You are right, It was crass which was not needed. On top of that, I made a generalization about cali turkeys based on a number of posts/videos that I have seen/read on this website and some seen on youtube. I am sure California has populations of birds that are very leery.

Mr. Engel, you mentioned that I am likely jealous, which is one hell of a observation considering I clearly noted that in my original post.

However, my jealously is not driven by a lack of personal success but rather by a desire to be able to hunt turkeys outside of a blind. I have only been able to bag a handful of birds outside of a blind over the last decade.

I think HUNT MAN is right. Its more about the amount of pressure the birds get than anything else. Birds that are hunted a lot eventually get educated.

I guess what I should have said is that the cali guys videos feature birds that seem like they have never/rarely been hunted before. In a couple of the video's the hunter is clearly drawing a bow in the sight line of a turkey but the bird does not run away. This is not possible where I normally hunt. And a camera man is in tow as well.

The cali guys are obviously very skilled hunters which is evident by the number of birds they bag. Kudos to them on all their success.

31-Mar-16
sitO, I enjoyed your post. Especially the part about high school graduates. You are from Kansas right? Did you know that the most recent high school graduation rate data shows Kansas at 85.7% and Tennessee at 86.3%?

Kind of painted yourself into a corner didn't ya

31-Mar-16
Ok guys... I will just say it, killing a turkey is not that hard! It is all about location and doing your scouting. No different than any other game animal. I do not even hunt them out of a blind anymore and i have not killed one with a shotgun in years. To put things in perspective, their brains are the size of a peanut. So if your claim to fame is that you can kill turkeys, good work, but you really haven't accomplished much.

31-Mar-16
But see Garrett, this is where things get a little muddy. You come on here and make a very brash statement, which is no where near correct, because turkeys can be very hard to kill. Maybe not where you hunt them, but in certain regions of the US they are. And to kill one or two, maybe not. But to limit out in multiple states year in and year out, very difficult. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying at certain times they aren't easy because they are, but so are white tails. Please don't paint all turkey hunting with a broad stroke.

31-Mar-16
You are correct Longbeard. I am sure that turkeys are harder to kill in other areas in the US. I have only hunted them in a handful of states so i can not speak for all of them. But in my experience, they are not that hard to kill. With modern decoys, calls, blinds and overall technology, its not as difficult as some make it. I know that some guys live for it and I respect their passion. But for me, killing a turkey will never compare to killing a big whitetail.

31-Mar-16
And never will...but turkey hunting in general is a lot more fun!!

31-Mar-16
I often wonder....which is harder? Killing a turkey with a recurve out of a blind with Dave Smith decoys or killing one with a shotgun with no blind or decoys? I've never gun hunted them or hunted them with anything other than a recurve, blind and decoys so I have no idea.

31-Mar-16
I thought the TBM system was to brag, minimize others, and triple post?

31-Mar-16
TBM- Quote "I got my blood trailing spiders in my pocket..."

That guy had way too much shine.....

31-Mar-16

Seminole's embedded Photo
Seminole's embedded Photo
The mythical TBM in all his glory...

31-Mar-16
^^^^ LOL I was wondering when someone was going to post this!

31-Mar-16
"Population is not near as important as condensation."

At what temperature do turkeys condense from turkey vapor?

Ironically, density is the word you are looking for, and I don't mean as in "Peoples in den-sities don't know nuttin bout no gosh darn-o turka huntin."

31-Mar-16
He's Back !

31-Mar-16
"I'm with him in that I have killed hundreds of birds over my hunting career.

The take home from this thread is that someone at a very minimum has killed 200 gobblers.

5 birds /yr X 40 years.....

I think if the World is looking for their Greatest Hunter he has been found....

31-Mar-16
Haha i will not get into this debate with you^^^

I hunt all year to kill a big whitetail. I could fill both of my turkey tags in one day, most days, every year.

31-Mar-16

Glunt@work's embedded Photo
Glunt@work's embedded Photo
Arguing over turkey hunting prowess is like arguing over bluegill fishing. Yes its fun, yes there are probably some guys that are really good at it but sorta silly to make it out to be a big deal.

Great spring fun and a great hunt to get kids started but seems like a funny thing to make a big deal out of.

31-Mar-16
I wonder how long this post would last if it was ridiculing a yankee instead of a southerner? Just because you can doesn't mean you should...

Are we so desperate for internet traffic that we let these type threads grow? Oh well what do I know I'm from Flar-Duh Mike

31-Mar-16
Come on flar-duh Mike. If you've been following bowsite turkey forum and this thread, you know that comment was silly.

This is all due to TBM's behavior. It has nothing to do with his address.

31-Mar-16
^^^^

Rebel lives matter.......

01-Apr-16

01-Apr-16

Bou'bound's embedded Photo
Bou'bound's embedded Photo

01-Apr-16
Some of the really tough turkey huntn decisions:

Should I piss under the blind wall, in the corner of the blind, or out the camera window. Maybe the shooting window would be more appropriate?

Should I get out to take a deuce or just dig a hole inside the blind?

Shall I drink Makers in camp or go cheap and get me some Wild Turkey 101?

Obviously, these decisions can lead to a myriad of other consequences/decisions to be made and I'm often left sitting in the blind completely confounded. Feel free to add to my list :)

Couldn't help myself

01-Apr-16
The Donald Trump of bowsite

01-Apr-16
Will you forgot whether you want to kill them with a golf club like BigDan recommends, or cheat and use a bow.

01-Apr-16
Some of the really tough turkey huntn decisions: Should I piss under the blind wall, in the corner of the blind, or out the camera window. Maybe the shooting window would be more appropriate?

Should I get out to take a deuce or just dig a hole inside the blind?

Shall I drink Makers in camp or go cheap and get me some Wild Turkey 101?

Obviously, these decisions can lead to a myriad of other consequences/decisions to be made and I'm often left sitting in the blind completely confounded. Feel free to add to my list :)

Couldn't help myself

That sounds like the descisions I had to make in the deer blind the outfitter in Kansas stuck me in LOL

01-Apr-16
I'm still laughing out loud OTC Will. My daughter asked what was so funny? Of course I couldn't tell her. :)

Mike

01-Apr-16
Can of worms just got bigger!

01-Apr-16
One crucial decision I have faced is do I get out and adjust the decoy that is now sitting at an odd angle, or do I finish another chapter of "Hell, I Was There!" By Elmer Keith.

01-Apr-16
Please Pat for the love of God take the recycled trash back out!

01-Apr-16
Join me in Montana and I will show you brains win over brawn any day .

I am your Huckleberry !

02-Apr-16
Glunt

When you finish that book, be sure & read the sequel "Hell I Wish I was There" by Rowdy Dowdy!

02-Apr-16
I'm your huckleberry All these responses are silly assumptions! In the moveie he didn't say "I'm your huckleberry", he said "I'm your HUCKLEBEARER". His accent in the movie makes it hard to hear. In the 1800's little handles on a coffin were called "huckles", an English term. Instead of pallbearers the people who carried the coffin were called "hucklebearers" at the funeral. This is why the other guy got so bent outta shape when Doc said "I'm your hucklebearer". He was telling the other guy "I'm your pallbearer" or literally I'm causing your funeral. This is why it was so offensive and the shooting started.

02-Apr-16
that's crap too!!!! Sounds nice and even better than the truth, here is what the author said about her use of the Phrase:

Elena Sandidge says: February 9, 2015 at 2:39 am I’m aware of Hucklebearer as a phrase and I understand where you’re coming from as far as Val’s drunken Southern accent goes. In some parts of Tombstone it does sound like hucklebearer and in others it sounds like Huckleberry. The original script used Huckleberry. Whether or not Val decided to deviate and use Hucklebearer, we’ll never know for sure. If I can ever pin down Val for an interview, I guarantee you that will be a question I’ll ask! When Kevin Jarre was asked about ‘I’m your huckleberry’ he said that it was just something that he made up that sounded good. As you can see from my newspaper clip though, the phrase was fashionable back then and was being used in this Dodge City Times article in 1880, just a year before the gunfight in Tombstone. Whether or not the real Doc Holliday used either of these phrases we’ll never know for sure. He did say “You’re a daisy if you have” before shooting Frank McLaury during the gunfight though??

03-Apr-16
Bou, the Walt Palmer of bowsite.

03-Apr-16
This site needs a feature to block the users of your choice. We can call it the BigHurt feature in honor of The Bowsite Moron.

I feel guilty even typing one word on this thread because it will bump to the top. But someone else will bump it anyway so what the hell.

Rabbits are way smarter than turkeys. Think about it... they are hunted by us and every predator that walks crawls and flies. I have a secret system for fooling them though. I invented it myself I swear. I call it a beagle.

03-Apr-16
HA!

09-Apr-16
Nebraska? That place is like fishing in a fish bowl. I once guided Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles to 2 doubles by noon along the Niobrara.

They sure are nice and dumb by the thousands there and we have many systems that will out produce anything you do.

One we call the Sneakin Mohican. It's actually from a cartoon. It's where you pick the blind up from inside and keep moving toward the bird until you are in range. I'm dead serious. Yeah... those birds over there are geniuses.

One year at Gobble and Grunt we stacked up 380 of them and that was the east camp only!

Whatever dude.... I hope you didn't spend your kids college fund to produce those things. Poor boy is gonna end up working at a toilet paper factory or something.

09-Apr-16
So, you planned on the blind having a flaw which will help a hunter?

...and please explain the fourth gobbler?

09-Apr-16
Don't worry writer, he's just environmentally friendly and the 4th bird was filed paperlessly.

09-Apr-16
If you guys hate the way he does this, why do you entertain it by responding? Just wandering. God Bless men

09-Apr-16
And if you can't stand his posts so much that you want him thrown off, why open a thread with his name on it?

If you don't want the shits, don't drink out of the beaver pond.

10-Apr-16
Well, I think that acknowledgement of Mule's problem erases all doubt of who Bighurt really is.

Killing a turkey from a blind, with a bow is no harder than killing one without a blind using a shot gun. At the ranges they are when they are being shot, you could cut their throat with a tree stand saw. Not arguing. Just sayin'....

I get it. You love turkey hunting. Are driven to do it. I am too. However, few know that woods hunting them is far different from prairie or farm birds. Because, a lot of guys are forced to field hunt them. And, don't know what it is like to have to really get after them in an environment where everything is working in favor of the birds and, not the hunter.

It simply doesn't require huge amounts of effort to hunt "farm" birds. Nor does it garner a whole lot of "special systems". You go, set up a blind. Set out decoys and, shoot them at 12 yards. It's simply not worthy of huge amounts of praise when done this way. I'm not putting you down. I understand the passion with spring gobbler hunting. It's my thing too. But, killing them out of a blind doesn't take systems, smarts, etc...

I'm sure you do your share of hunting without blinds too. So, you know what I'm saying here. No jab intended.

God Bless men

10-Apr-16
"Killing a turkey from a blind, with a bow is no harder than killing one without a blind using a shot gun."

Couldn't disagree more.

10-Apr-16
Hunting mountain birds sure is different...but that's what I love about chasing them...it's a mind game and they are bobby fisher sometimes!

10-Apr-16
Mule Power

The Sneaking Mohican is a great name for that tactic.... we tried that using a DoubleBull T2 a few years ago hunting Rios in S. TX Senderos. We may be trying it next week here in TN.

10-Apr-16
congrats no small feat to be sure

10-Apr-16
It's funny to do and even funnier to watch milnrick. It doesn't always work but when it does they can hear you laughing back at camp.

TBM I couldn't care less about some elk kill. And you're not the first guy to stroll out and kill a raghorn on is first hunt. Some people kill monsters on their first hunt or two. To your credit though that doesn't diminish the accomplishment. More power to all elk hunters because it's never easy. Killing and packing a bull is something to be proud of. But you can be proud without being smug.

I'm glad I had no bearing on your hunt. Especially since you shot the one in the ass, which happens, but you didn't even care. I think a lack of respect for both the game you hunt and for other hunters is the reason you get under people's skin.

It's pretty hilarious when you look at the caliber of hunters on here and your claim to superior intelligence is based on a bunch of dead turkeys. I now I now, they are the smartist turkeys on the planit. Butt still.

Anyway welcome back. ;-)

10-Apr-16
The only difference between the two systems is spell check.

11-Apr-16
Its different depending on the state and type of birds you hunt. Usually the more north you go, the dumber the birds. Try hunting true Osceola turkeys on public land and deer hunting will seem like childs play.

• Sitka Gear