Blacktail Bob 05-Apr-16
glass eye 05-Apr-16
Blacktail Bob 05-Apr-16
Bou'bound 05-Apr-16
muskeg 06-Apr-16
31-Mar-16

Blacktail Bob's embedded Photo
Blacktail Bob's embedded Photo
Cabin at Whale Pass is pretty much full for the spring of 2016, but if you have a tag for 2017 I have plenty of space available. For the spring of 2017, the price will be $500 per week per Bowhunter. Its a DIY hunt with you providing your own transportation.

05-Apr-16
I've seen plenty of videos and photos of POW spring bears with that are rubbed like the one in your photo. What are the chances of getting one without the rubs ?

05-Apr-16
Well, if you ask me, its pretty hard to kill a big ole mature boar that doesn't look like the one in the photo. I know Muskeg says he finds them all the time. So, you can weigh those two opinions and make your own conclusions.

If it was me and I was looking for a perfect hide to mount or make a rug out of, POW Island wouldn't be my first choice. If I was looking for a big bear, POW Island would be my first choice.

05-Apr-16
Thanks. I guess I'll set my sights on a big old boar and settle for a shoulder mount.

05-Apr-16
I have a couple of life size black bear mounts I really like. You just have to be satisfied that the biggest boars are likely to have a rub on their heads and on the front of their legs. They still look good to me and more importantly, when I walk into my trophy room they bring back a multitude of good memories of past hunts with many good friends.

05-Apr-16
Why is that the case

06-Apr-16
It was 70 degrees a week and a half ago on the Island. I believe the first time, since records, anywhere in AK had 70 in March.

There will be some rubbed Bear this spring.

But there will be nice full hides on some of the Bear also.

• Sitka Gear