eatsleephunt 04-Apr-16
WV Mountaineer 04-Apr-16
snapcrackpop 04-Apr-16
writer 04-Apr-16
sitO 05-Apr-16
Ermine 05-Apr-16
Brotsky 05-Apr-16
04-Apr-16
I like the decoy. Last year, i was able to crawl within 40 yards of two groups of hens. Several gobblers seemed scared of it.

So, how am i supposed to use it?

04-Apr-16
Out in Kansas we always had good luck spotting gobblers out in fields and stalk within about 100 yards and then pop it up and crawl a few steps towards them. And then get ready. If he's aggressive he will run all the way in. And most time a lone gobbler with hens will be pretty aggressive for sure early in the season. But obviously this is a common sense use decoy. Be careful where you use it and always safety first. Lots of guys advice against these, but with proper use these are not dangerous.

04-Apr-16
Out in Kansas we always had good luck spotting gobblers out in fields and stalk within about 100 yards and then pop it up and crawl a few steps towards them. And then get ready. If he's aggressive he will run all the way in. And most time a lone gobbler with hens will be pretty aggressive for sure early in the season. But obviously this is a common sense use decoy. Be careful where you use it and always safety first. Lots of guys advice against these, but with proper use these are not dangerous.

04-Apr-16
To each his own. I'm not knocking your choices. But, to insist that you know how a hunter will react is less than stellar thought. Stats from a decade ago said that most hunting accidents where people were shot, were committed by experienced hunters. Guys who had been doing it for a while. Guys who should have known better.

Once again, there is no excuse for accidental shootings. No reason you shouldn't be able to use them safely. But, this is the real world. And, if you think you can predict human nature, when emotions are involved, you are in for a hard life.

Good luck and God Bless

04-Apr-16
WV Mountaineer, everything has risks. Hunting in an open field with these decoys is not "fool" proof, but unless it is a rifle zone I am okay with me & my kids doing it.

Mad Angler, pretty simple. Spot turkeys, show them the fan, crawl towards them, try to get a shot. Avoid using this tactic in the woods.

04-Apr-16
Atta boy, WV, that's exactly what he asked. Not.

05-Apr-16
Everything's better when you end it with a "god bless" though right? I prefer "gee you're good lookin" ;?)

05-Apr-16
Get fairly close to a bird and pop the decoy up. Gobblers will come running right in wanting to fight you!

05-Apr-16
+1 Ermine...Yep, that's the key. Get as close as you can unseen and then pop up the fan and get ready. He'll either come running literally right now or they will take off. Pretty simple tactic. Success is definitely dependent upon the mood of the bird though maybe more than anything.

• Sitka Gear