bowyer45 06-Apr-16
Zebrakiller 06-Apr-16
shortstop 06-Apr-16
Bear Track 06-Apr-16
grape 06-Apr-16
spike buck 06-Apr-16
Brotsky 06-Apr-16
05-Apr-16
Seems to me that ravens at the bait work as a "all is good" to any bear in the area... especially the big ones who've seen it all before. I know the ravens are tough to fool while sitting in the tree stand. How about ground blind, do they help get em in?

05-Apr-16
No doubt ravens and crows give the "all's clear" to other animals but I rely on them both to tell the bears that have not found my baits yet "Hey! Over here!" They still see the ground blinds and will spend hours watching them.

06-Apr-16
Sounds like one should put out a few crow decoys and let out a few crow calls now and then etc.

06-Apr-16
when they take off it keeps you on your toes!

06-Apr-16
Looking for raven call. Who makes em? Not crow call, raven call. Thanks.

06-Apr-16
I think ravens have 12 different vocalizations and don't know which would be the recommended one to use, or if a raven call is even made.

06-Apr-16
If you have ravens land on a bait while you are in your stand...Believe me....you are sitting still...

06-Apr-16
I notice that if you wear hunter orange, the ravens will not land. No matter how still a hunter is.

06-Apr-16
Grape, that is a great point. I had a lot of Ravens around last fall when I was in Manitoba and I turned it into a bit of a game. I tried to sit as still and hidden as I could to see if I could get the ravens into the bait. I was successful quite a few times but many more times they would pick me off regardless of how still I sat. Their eye sight is uncanny. Made for a great way to insure I was sitting as quietly and still as possible waiting for a bear to show up. Smart birds!

• Sitka Gear