RGarcia 08-Apr-16
RGarcia 08-Apr-16
trapperwilliams 08-Apr-16
trapperwilliams 08-Apr-16
Johnny Bellmyer 08-Apr-16
08-Apr-16

Johnny Bellmyer's embedded Photo
Johnny Bellmyer's embedded Photo
I am curious if anybody can tell me which brand and form # this mount is on. I really like it and am thinking about using this for my lion. any help will be appreciated.

08-Apr-16
I don't know, but is one of the better cat mounts that I have seen. Forrest

08-Apr-16
It looks like one of Aaron Connellys new forms with the front leg altered. But it's not always as easy as picking a form. Your cat has to fit the form. A 120 lb. lion won't fit a form meant for a 160lb. cat no matter how much altering you do to the form. That's a fairly basic pose so it should be possible to find a form for it. All Lifesize mounts required some altering to the forms so find a form that is close to what you like and your taxidermist should be able to alter it to fit your needs. Picking the right taxidermist for a lion mount is also just as or more important then the form. Good luck with your project and post pictures of the completed mount.

08-Apr-16

Dennis Razza's embedded Photo
Dennis Razza's embedded Photo
Give the picture to your taxidermist. He should be able to get that look out of a few different forms with some minor alterations. Could be Arons' form from HQ supply or there's a few others that it could be. Best of luck!

Razzas Taxidermy Studio Bowsite Sponsor

08-Apr-16
Gorgeous work on that one Dennis

08-Apr-16
Agree completely with fullcry and Dennis. Choose a pose you like and one that is as close to the measurements of your cat. Your taxi will guide you in the right direction. I really like HQ's forms and Mckenzie has some good ones too. It's not hard to alter a form but the more altering done the more expensive your mount will become unless the price is high enough to always cover major alterations. I think cats are the hardest to get right then birds. At least for me.

08-Apr-16

trapperwilliams's embedded Photo
Percision manikin ml122ls

08-Apr-16

RGarcia's embedded Photo
RGarcia's embedded Photo
Not sure which form Phil used on the cat, but here are some other angles that may help identify the form.

08-Apr-16

RGarcia's embedded Photo
RGarcia's embedded Photo

08-Apr-16

Here are two more forms I found in my mckenzie book. Remember taxidermist alter the forms so the form from the supplier may look different than the finished mount. Such as leg position, head angle etc.

08-Apr-16

08-Apr-16
Thanks for all the responses. I am printing this to take to my taxidermist. After seeing the other angles of this mount, I'm sure this is the one I want. The cat I got is heavy bodied with a heavy coat which I think makes this particular mount stand out. thanks again for the information. Johnny

• Sitka Gear