Mathews Inc.
Meet the Wounded Warriors, Bear Hunters!
Bears
Contributors to this thread:
Charlie Rehor 10-Apr-16
Charlie Rehor 10-Apr-16
Charlie Rehor 10-Apr-16
Charlie Rehor 10-Apr-16
Charlie Rehor 10-Apr-16
Bear Track 10-Apr-16
KJC 10-Apr-16
Brotsky 10-Apr-16
Hoot 10-Apr-16
Charlie Rehor 11-Apr-16
Brotsky 11-Apr-16
Charlie Rehor 11-Apr-16
drycreek 11-Apr-16
otcWill 11-Apr-16
Rocking R 11-Apr-16
wtbowhtr 12-Apr-16
Charlie Rehor 13-Apr-16
GotBowAz 13-Apr-16
Charlie Rehor 14-Apr-16
Charlie Rehor 15-Apr-16
derek.duplisea 17-Apr-16
Charlie Rehor 18-Apr-16
snuffer 18-Apr-16
Charlie Rehor 21-Apr-16
Martin Man 21-Apr-16
Charlie Rehor 21-Apr-16
axle2axle 22-Apr-16
Charlie Rehor 25-Apr-16
Charlie Rehor 28-Apr-16
Bear Track 28-Apr-16
SteveB 28-Apr-16
Brotsky 28-Apr-16
Charlie Rehor 28-Apr-16
Bear Track 04-May-16
GotBowAz 06-May-16
Charlie Rehor 11-May-16
spike buck 12-May-16
Brotsky 12-May-16
KJC 12-May-16
Charlie Rehor 12-May-16
Brotsky 13-May-16
Charlie Rehor 13-May-16
10-Apr-16

Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo

Charlie Rehor's Link
Ron & Jeannie Dare Onwers of Bear Track Outfitters from Manitoba will be hosting a Combat wounded Purple Heart recipient and a second Combat wounded Warrior Associate this May. The hunt cost is being donated by Ron! Please join me in reading the bio of the two Warriors!!! How cool is that we Bowsiters will collective make possible this dream hunt for Brian and Derek. I have talked with both Warriors and they are so excited! Thanks to Ron for stepping up. On the next post I'll highlight a few others that have helped and provide a link for anyone who wants to make contributions directly to this hunt! God Bless the Warrior Class!!!

Attached picture is Brian with his wife and 5 year old son!

Brian Woliver – WWIA Warrior/Hero and Combat Wounded, Purple Heart Recipient My name is Brian Woliver and I am from Kingsport, TN, born and raised. After high school graduation in 2004 I did a semester of community college here at home. I couldn't put my finger on it, but I knew there was something else in this world bigger for me to do. I was young, very athletic and loved the outdoors. So I enlisted November 2005 and went to Paris Island, SC. I was assigned to 3rd Battalion 6th Marines at Camp Lejeune, NC. I was finally home. I couldn't have asked for a better group of individuals to be with. My unit deployed to Iraq in January of 2007. We started in Habbaniyah, then did a push in Ramadi, but spent a majority of the deployment in Fallujah. All in the AL Anbar Province. On the deployment, while riding in the lead vehicle , my vehicle was hit by a large Improvised Explosive Device. As a result, I ruptured my ear drum and have a traumatic brain injury. I received a Purple Heart for wounds received in country. After coming back home my symptoms got worse and it got out of control. I started having seizures, passing out, memory loss, speech problems, etc. After being in a wounded battalion for a year, I was medically retired and sent home. I am one blessed individual. Even with everything going on, an amazing woman looked past my faults and loved me regardless of how I felt about myself. Now, I am married to this amazing woman and we have a soon to be 5 year old son. I would have never met my wife if that day in Iraq had not happened. The roller- coaster of symptoms will always be there and I will continue to push through and succeed. I have a saying that came to me one day during a slump and has stuck with me since. I'm pretty sure I made this up, but I keep it in mind when life is tough. "Life is a rocky road, full of obstacles and even though it's overwhelming I have to push, because ALL roads lead somewhere. " That may sound silly, but has struck a chord in my heart and is how I live my life.

Derek Duplisea – WWIA Associate and Combat Wounded, Purple Heart Recipient

Derek was born in Salt Lake City, Utah in 1971 and soon after moved with his family to Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada. Derek graduated from Fredericton High School in 1990 and served in the Canadian Armed Forces Reserves from 1989 to 1993 as an Infantryman and left the Canadian Armed Forces as a Corporal when he enlisted in the United States Army as a 19D Cavalry Scout December, 1993.

PFC Derek Duplisea graduated top of his class while attending 19D OSUT training at Ft. Knox, Kentucky April, 1994. He then attended the Airborne School at Ft. Benning, Georgia, graduated and was assigned to the 3rd Battalion (Airborne) 73rd Armor Regiment, 82d Airborne Division, Ft. Bragg, North Carolina where he served proudly as a U.S. Paratrooper with the free world's only airborne armor unit.

CPL Derek Duplisea complete his initial 3 years with the U.S. Army honorably and returned home to New Brunswick, Canada and attended his 2d year of college at St. Thomas University in Fredericton and re- joined his old Canadian Army unit, B Company, 1st Battalion Royal New Brunswick Regiment.

A year and a half later, Derek decided to once again raise his right hand and re-enlisted in the U.S. Army for a second tour, again as a 19D Cavalry Scout. This time he left the Canadian Armed Forces as a Master Corporal and Infantry Section Commander.

In May of 1998, Derek was assigned to 2-8 Cavalry, 1st Cavalry Division stationed at Ft. Hood, Texas. Derek and his unit, HHC's Scout Platoon, deployed to Operation Joint Forge in support of operations in the former Yugoslavia's Bosnia-Herzegovina for 6 months.

Following a 2 year stint with 1CD, SGT Derek Duplisea was assigned to the U.S. Army Recruiting Command and completed a 3 year detailed Army Recruiting tour in Bellingham, Washington. SSG Duplisea was a distinguished and successful recruiter, earning the coveted U.S. Army Recruiter Gold Ring in less than 3 years.

SSG Derek Duplisea was then assigned to the 2d Armored Cavalry Regiment out of Ft. Polk, Louisiana. Derek literally left his job as a recruiter and was shipped straight into Iraq, joining Ghost Troop, 2/2 ACR in combat operations in Sadr City, Baghdad. Derek was then assigned as the senior scout for Green Platoon and completed his time in country with honor, bringing all of his men home in April, 2004. A few months later as the Army reconfigured, Derek was assigned to the famed 101st Airborne Division located at Ft. Campbell, Kentucky.

SSG Duplisea was assigned to 1-32 CAV (RSTA) and soon deployed to his 2d tour in Iraq with the 1BCT, 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault) - again as a senior scout with Blackhorse Troop. Derek was then promoted to Sergeant First Class and took over as the platoon sergeant for 2d platoon, Able Troop with 3 months remaining in the deployment. One week before coming home on a right-seat-ride dismounted patrol, Derek's platoon was hit by a female suicide bomber followed by a complex attack. The blast detonated within feet of the dismounted members of the platoon, severely wounding Derek, his second in command (fellow associate Brad Alexander), two of his Soldiers and the relieving Company XO.

Derek spent the next two years recovering from his extreme injuries.

In July, 2008 SFC Derek Duplisea medically retired from the U.S. Army and started his civilian career with Booz Allen Hamilton as an IED Defeat SME for the XVIII Airborne Corps at Ft. Bragg, North Carolina. After a few months, Derek accepted a position with Raytheon Company in Tucson, Arizona as their Wounded Warrior Liaison/Community Relations Representative for Armed Services Support and served there for nearly 5 years. Derek accepted a regional director position with a veteran service organization and recently decided to take a long deserved break from work to spend more time with his family and to raise his son, Aiden.

Derek earned numerous commendations, medals and achievements during his 13 years in the U.S. Army. He was awarded the Bronze Star Medal for his meritorious service in Iraq with the 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault) and the Purple Heart Medal for wounds received in combat 16 August, 2006.

Derek also holds an associate degree in Criminal Justice, along with a BS in Criminal Justice- both earned while on Active Duty from Troy University. He also completed his MBA at the University of Phoenix- Tucson November 2011.

Derek is married to his Canadian sweetheart Andrea, has three wonderful daughters (Lilly, Mackenzie and Gracie) and loves to spend his free time traveling, hiking, camping, hunting, fishing and hanging out with his Boston terrier Blue, his yellow lab Sydney and his Chinese Crested Terrier Harriett.

Thank you,

10-Apr-16
Special thanks to Bowsiter Mike Zacharias handle "Uper" for donating enough air Miles to pay for both Warriors round trip air flights. What a kind man! Mike did not want attention drawn to his gift but when I told him it may help others donate he agreed. Thank you sir!

10-Apr-16

Charlie Rehor's Link
Dennis Razza, Taxidermist Sponsor on Bowsite has stepped up to do a bear mount for Brian if he is successful! Thanks very much Dennis!!

10-Apr-16

Charlie Rehor's Link
Here is the Link to make donations to this hunt. We have arranged to to have 100% of your donations go specifically to Brian's Hunt. Any amount $10 dollars or more appreciated.

If you make a donation please add a post! Thanks!

Here's how to do it, click on the link, click on donation tab, fill in credit card info them in the "COMMENTS SECTION" write. "Manitoba Bear Hunt, BearTack Outfitters."

The organization we are coordinating with is www.wwiaf.org they are not affiliated in any way with WWP. Their sole mission is to provide hunting & fishing trips for Purple Heart recipients. Fantastic Mission! They match the hunt with the Wounded Warrior.

THANKS! Charlie

10-Apr-16

Charlie Rehor's Link
Thank You Sitka Gear for donating an entire Set of Clothing for Brian's hunt. You guys are Patriots!! THANKS, C

10-Apr-16
Jeannine and I are humbled with all of this and after reading our warrior's resume's, really humbled and excited.

Way to go Charlie!!!!!

10-Apr-16
Donation made.

Best of luck Brian and Derek. Thank you for your service!

10-Apr-16
Best of luck Brian and Derek! Looking forward to hearing about your hunt! Thank you for your service and your sacrifice!

10-Apr-16
Best of luck to the two...

Scouts Out!

11-Apr-16
KJC: Thanks for your donation!

Did you guys notice from his bio that Derek has dual citizenship with Canada and also served in the Canadian army? We have so many Canadians on Bowsite and since this hunt will take place in Canada I thought it was cool to have a dual US/Canadian Wounded Warrior! C

11-Apr-16
Charlie, I'll be up hunting with Bear Track I believe the week before our Wounded Warriors are set to arrive. If there's anything I can do while I'm up there to help out or if there's anything else you can think of I'll more than gladly lend a hand.

Ron, rings true for you as well. If you need a hand with anything at all getting ready for these heroes while I'm in camp just say the word and I'll gladly do what I can and would consider it an honor!

11-Apr-16
Brotsky: Very nice offer. I am sure Ron will be in good shape when you get there. The Warriors are so excited to be going.

If any of you are or know a Purple Heart recipient that may want to go on a trip like this they can register and state their desired dream hunt.

www.WWIAF.org

Hope you get a nice bear!

Thanks to all vets!

11-Apr-16
Done Charlie ! Thanks to Ron and Jeannine, Dennis, Mike, and you Charlie for all you did to make this hunt happen. Best of luck to Derek and Brian , but I also would like to regognize the women who stand by the Wounded Warriors every day of the rest of their lives. They are heroes too !

11-Apr-16
Bowsite at its finest!

11-Apr-16
Thank you Ron and Charlie for putting this together. You both are incredible people. So excited to see this tradition continue on Bowsite.

Most of all...Thank you to Brian and Derek. Thank you for your service and amazing sacrifice. You both are true heroes.

I hope you both have a great hunt. In fact, I know you will since I hunted with Ron last year. Can't wait to read about the hunt on Bowsite!

12-Apr-16
Brian & Derek, a sincere thank you for your service and heroic efforts!! I had the great pleasure of meeting Wounded Warrior Jake at Rocking R Ranch last year. You guys (and gals) are nothing short of amazing! Best of luck to both of you on your bear hunt.

13-Apr-16
Thanks very much for your donations. Any amount of $10 dollars or more will work. It's easy to do at the link attached above!

You will feel good! Thanks!

13-Apr-16
Donation made

May Brian and Derek have a hunt they will remember for the rest of their lives.

Thank you both for your service and sacrifices.

Thanks to all that make this happen! Charlie, your the man!

14-Apr-16
GotBowAz: Thank you sir! My small role in this is simply to introduce people who protect us to people who want to help them have a special event.

You guys, sponsors and folks like Ron and Jeannine with BearTrack do the "heavy lifting"!! THANKS!

15-Apr-16

Charlie Rehor's Link
Dale L. Thank you for your donation. Please send me a PM! C

We had a great first week of fund raising. Please if you can any amount of $10 or more can be directed to this specific hunt. In the Comments Section write, " Manitoba Bear Hunt"

LINK Attached! THANKS!

17-Apr-16
Thanks everyone! Can't wait to get up to Manitoba and help Brian harvest a Black Bear! It'll be a great hunt back "home" in Canada!

18-Apr-16
Derek: So glad you posted! It's getting close to HUNT time. C

18-Apr-16
Donation made, thanks to Bryan and Derek for your service. Have a great time!

21-Apr-16
snuffer: Thanks very much! Every dollar helps.

Spoke to Brian the other day as he turned 30. Says he feels a lot older than that sometimes and even though his recovery is still going on 9 years after he says he would do it again!

He views this as his "hunt of a lifetime" and is so excited. THANKS to all you guys helping. C

21-Apr-16
Donation made!

21-Apr-16

Martin Man: Thanks very much! C

22-Apr-16
Donation made...

Thanks Charlie for making this so easy!

Best of luck to both Brian and Derek on their hunts!

Kevin

25-Apr-16
axle2axle: Thank you very much! The hunt takes place in three weeks! C

28-Apr-16

Charlie Rehor's Link
Ok guys last call to help the Wounded Warrior hunt which takes place in a little over two weeks! Thanks very much! C

Picture attached is our Wounded Warrior Hero!

Link to donate is attached! Go to donations tab and in comment section write "For BearTrack Manitoba Bear hunt"!!

28-Apr-16
I would like to share with all of you the generosity and effort that I've seen in this program, but the contributors are a humble bunch, but still makes me proud to be part of a community as this.

Thanks all!!

28-Apr-16
Donation made in honor of my deceased father-in-law Harold Horst who loved the military and would be the first to step up to the plate if he were here.

28-Apr-16
Ron, I think you are more humble than most. Thank you for all you and Jeannine are doing to host these heroes this spring. All of the donations would be for naught if it weren't for great outfitters like you and Dan at Rocking R last year agreeing to host! Thank you!

28-Apr-16
SteveB: Thank you sir!

Brotsky/All: One additional shout out to Doug and Julue McMann who own Skinner Creek Outfitters in BC. They are also Bowsite Sponsors and the first week in June will be hosting their 5th consecutive Wounded Warrior Bear hunt. Doug was very helpful in introducing us to the Wounded Warrior In Action Foundation to get this going on Bowsite.

Many folks are contributing in many ways and every bit is appreciated. Thank you Bowsite Community! C

04-May-16
Well holy smokes! Yesterday I picked up another case of trail cameras I ordered from a past guest of mine who has a mail order business of hunting related items. Inside my case of trail cameras was a big fat check for this hunt. He wants to remain anonymous, but big thanks Deano! Whoops....

06-May-16

GotBowAz's embedded Photo
GotBowAz's embedded Photo
I just received this sticker in the mail also.

Bear Track, these boys will have one heck of a hunt to remember thanks to you and the donations everyone is putting forward. Thanks for sharing!

11-May-16

THANK You Bowsite Community both sponsors and posters. This hunt has now been 100% funded by YOUR contributions! The guys will arrive this coming weekend! I am very proud of you guys and of course the "Warriors"!! Shoot em up!

12-May-16
Donation made!! Hope all a successful hunt. Chris.

12-May-16
This is so great Charlie! They will have a great hunt and memories that will last a lifetime! The bears should be on fire for them next week!

12-May-16
Looking forward to following this hunt. Good luck guys!

12-May-16
Thank you spike buck!!!

13-May-16
Charlie, tell the guys the bears seem to be getting more active each and every day! Thy are going to have an amazing hunt next week!!

13-May-16
Brotsky: You just told them:) They are watching both threads!!! Good luck!

• Sitka Gear