Mr.C 14-Apr-16
Mr.C 14-Apr-16
Mr.C 14-Apr-16
Mr.C 14-Apr-16
MTNRCHR 14-Apr-16
BULELK1 15-Apr-16
alpinebowman 15-Apr-16
11-Apr-16
no! I didnt just get out of the pool hahahaha...the moose I got in the Alaska Yukon seems to have shrank a few inch`s ,it was 50 plus in Bethel ,now it dont even make 48..does that seem right or did my taxi mess up and not mount them proper thanks to all MikeC

11-Apr-16
This is funny! I just had the same conversation with a guy that not 1 hour left here. His 57' moose shrank 3" since October. He asked me if I can stretch them back. Then I was saying my 50" form 3 years ago shrunk the same 3". The last guy to mess up or do something is your taxidermist, and I've mounted hundreds of them. They do shrink and I think they shrink the most out of all the antlered animals. Maybe not in width like elk and caribou will shrink, but in antler mass they sure do.

11-Apr-16
Congrats on a wonderful Moose! Enjoy it for the rest of your life! C

11-Apr-16
Very nice. Bet you got a few looks driving home..I wish we were neighbors. Moose steak on the grill is fabulous.

11-Apr-16
ok BT but still a bummer to loose inchs,, that thing is heavey to! its a good thing its going on a shear wall,gonna build a strong bracket with 4 lag bolts to hold it up Thanks Charlie....i dont really like to pose but its done so ill live with it,,,ill post some other pictures once its hang n

Thanks Cobra yeah i got some thumbs up and some honks and some tree hungers yelling something about a died moose..just smile and wave boys MikeC

11-Apr-16
You killed a great moose. 40 50 60. So what. You got a beauty the hard way. A couple inches does not make it better or worse

11-Apr-16
What is wrong with the pose? If you don't like it, why did you pick it? Did you default to the taxidermist to decide for you? There have been moose threads on Bowsite previously that discussed various forms and mounts to help people decide which mount they wanted. It is unfortunate that you did not see those threads first.....

11-Apr-16
Get that moose up on the wall, I bet it will look great! Take some pictures of it hanging so we can have a better look.

12-Apr-16
yeah the inch`s really dont matter its still my first moose and its AWESOME, I told the taxi slight looking right on the head ,other then that I said I trusted his judgement and still do but I wish I would have shopped a little more for the pose and got some idea`s ..live and learn , it almost looks like a sneak pose with the antlers kinda layed back,,I got the hanger built this AM and plan to hang it tonight Thanks all MikeC

12-Apr-16

Mr.C's embedded Photo
Mr.C's embedded Photo
THERE FIXED IT

12-Apr-16
Nice moose but surely you could find a cheaper hanger than that. ;)

12-Apr-16
Nice shot love the rack..

12-Apr-16
2" plus shrinkage on width is normal on a Moose from what I have seen over the years when I measure them for people.

12-Apr-16
Yep, I was amazed at the difference between green scoring and officially scoring my sons moose a few years ago. Went from 60" down to 58" in the 60 days time.

12-Apr-16
Shrinkage is normal. My 1st bull was 64 inches. As it dried it shrank to 62 inches. All my bulls have shrunk 2 to 3 inches.

12-Apr-16
Yep my wife is still upset about the 3" shrinkage, I told her she should have looked at more poses before she made her life long choice! LOL

Congrats on the moose, the memories are what make the mount.

DJ

14-Apr-16

Mr.C's embedded Photo
Mr.C's embedded Photo

14-Apr-16

Mr.C's embedded Photo
Mr.C's embedded Photo

14-Apr-16

Mr.C's embedded Photo
Mr.C's embedded Photo

14-Apr-16
Thanks, I really really like it more then I thought I would,in the shop it was 2 feet of the ground,in the photo thats a 12 foot wall hes back is at 11 foot,yes the fan is going to be moved ,it hits the antlers lol but it looks perfect up that hi so the fans gotta go and I need to figure out some different lighting because of the shadows,maybe a light or two on the bottom..Im glad I didnt complain to much about the pose to the taxi he did say wait tell its hanging, Im really happy with it now its hanging glad I trusted his judgement

SO! Mission accomplished, I put a big moose on my wall

MikeC

14-Apr-16

MTNRCHR's embedded Photo
MTNRCHR's embedded Photo
I used a little spot light for one of my elk mounts and I really like how it turned out.

15-Apr-16
Nice !

Congrats

Good luck, Robb

15-Apr-16
Glad you like the mount now. I think it looks like a great pose as well. Looks quite natural. Congrats on a beautiful trophy.

• Sitka Gear