GhostBird 18-Apr-16
scentman 18-Apr-16
Jasper 18-Apr-16
snapcrackpop 18-Apr-16
'Ike' (Phone) 18-Apr-16
18-Apr-16

Jasper's embedded Photo
Jasper's embedded Photo
Have had numerous encounters with this gobbler since the end of March....his luck finally ran out. Thank you Lord! 20 lbs., 10" and 7" beards, 1 1/8" spurs.

18-Apr-16

Jasper's embedded Photo
Jasper's embedded Photo

18-Apr-16

Jasper's embedded Photo
Jasper's embedded Photo

18-Apr-16
Nice Turkey !

18-Apr-16
Congrats!

18-Apr-16
Awesome!!! Great pics as well. Any details on the hunt that took that bird?

18-Apr-16
Nice gobbler , congrats Jasper ! I'm in for the story also.....

18-Apr-16
Way to stick it out. Nice bird. Hunt

18-Apr-16
Awesome!! Great job!

18-Apr-16
Nice bird.

Tell the story. How'd you finally get him?

18-Apr-16
Congrats Jasper! He's a beauty!

18-Apr-16
Congrats!

18-Apr-16
Nice. Pretty bird

18-Apr-16
Congrats on an awesome bird!

18-Apr-16
Congratulations... great gobbler!

18-Apr-16
Nice bird Jaspur!

18-Apr-16
I set my son up on this bird opening morning after watching him and getting pics of him for weeks before the season. This gobbler was always with another mature bird with a beard a little smaller that appeared to be a year younger. They were often with four jakes. Austin called the birds in close that first morning but they became a little spooky when they got close since they had never seen the blind with the windows open. To his credit he didn't shoot as the birds never stopped walking. I called them in the next week and the whole group circled through a field instead of coming down the road like they normally do for what would have been a slam dunk shot. I couldn't tell which bird was which through the tall grass even though they were 15 yards away so he got a pass again. Frustrating! The next afternoon they began gobbling on their own and I set up on them and began calling. The 2 big birds walked into an opening at 30 yards and I was preparing to draw when a hen walked up 5 yards to my right, going to them. I was afraid she'd bust me so I waited and by the time she was past they all 3 were at 50 yards. These birds hung out near a big powerline with several big food plots and had a lot of pressure on them. They got to the point where they would go the other way if you called to them and would either not come close at all or make a big circle if they saw decoys. I was concerned someone else was going to take the bird over the weekend so I took a day off during the week to hunt. They gobbled like mad on the roost but flew down with hens and went the other way that morning. I decided about the only way to kill this bird at this point was by ambush so I slipped in a blind near where I knew the fed most afternoons. I never called and left my decoys in the truck. About 4:30 I saw them come out of the woods and begin feeding my way down the power line. There were the 2 long beards, 4 jakes and a hen. When they got 80 yards out I knew I was going to get an opportunity unless they saw me. It was perfect as the big bird was in the front by 5 or 6 yards and never knew I was anywhere around. He put his head down and I drew on him at 25 yards, splitting my 20 and 30 yard pin and touching the trigger. My arrow whacked him perfectly in the wing and all hell broke loose...he rolled and flopped, feathers flying everywhere while the rest of the flock didn't know what to do. Some flew, some ran and I busted through the door of my blind like Rosie O'Donnell racing to be first in the buffet line. I'd like to say I sprinted and pounced on him like a cat, but at 56 years old and with a hip replacement it was no doubt a helluva lot uglier than that. But I did get there with him flopping like mad and trying to get to his feet. My arrow was still in him and I somehow managed to grab his neck in the middle of the chaos without getting cut or spurred. In a few seconds he was done and I thanked the Lord for an awesome blessing. It was the first animal I had shot at with my new Bear Arena 34 and a great way to break it in. There is NOTHING like that kind of adrenaline rush and there is NOTHING I would rather do than bow hunt! Fried turkey fingers for dinner tonight boys......y'all have a blessed day!

18-Apr-16
That's a great story! Congratulations!

18-Apr-16
Way to stick with it....Congrats

• Sitka Gear