Tricky license procedure in Saskatechewa
Bears
Contributors to this thread:
TradbowBob 20-Apr-16
Charlie Rehor 20-Apr-16
Mr.C 21-Apr-16
Jeff 22-Apr-16
20-Apr-16
I'm going to Saskatchewan in a few weeks to go bear hunting, and found that the license procedure is quite involved. Here's the solution I got from their fish an game department.

Thank-you for your inquiry on the Bear licence and our HAL system. In order for you to purchase this guided licence your outfitter must first purchase a Resource Allocation Licence (RAL) and associate it to your HAL account. In order to make sure that this can be done please confirm that you have done the following:

1. You must currently have or create a valid HAL ID account 2. Please provide your HAL number to the registered guide/outfitter of their choice 3. Guide/Outfitter must access the HAL account to associate the RAL to the guided licence 4.Once the outfitter has associated this to your accout you will be able to see the licence for sale under your HAL number. 5. Hunter will then access their own HAL account to finalize the purchase or, the guide/outfitter will take care of the purchase on the hunter’s behalf (if selling as an entire package)

If you have any more questions or concerns please do not hestitate you contact us.

It is a good thing I asked about the license procedure as it has been "evolving" and even the outfitter wasn't up to speed on it. If I hadn't gotten the HAL number I would not have been able to get a license as you have to have confirmation from an outfitter to hunt there.

TBB

20-Apr-16
Been going to Saskatchewan for the last few years and that's exactly how it's done. Your Outfitter sets it all up and you just get your HAL # online. When you arrive in Saskatchewan you can buy your license at lots of places and all you need is your HAL # and his Outfitter #! Good luck! C

21-Apr-16
Yes it was a P.I.T.A just like you said working on export/import paperwork now, hope thats easy... good luck on your hunt MikeC

P.S Ive found you really need to look the rules over good and understand them or ask questions until you do just like if you drive game animals out of alaska you have to have a federal game commission stamp that law is NOT in the game regs book or it wasnt last year.

22-Apr-16
For someone not familiar with the process yes it can be frustrating. I am a Saskatchewan outfitter and just assumed that all outfitters obtained your tags for their clients before their arrival in camp. We have to purchase the RAL on your behalf , before a license can be created. This will be the 3rd year for the online licensing and there were definetly some growing pains. I guess I just didn't feel comfortable leaving this task with the client and have always done it for them. If your outfitter isn't familiar with it he must be very new to the business or hasn't had any clients in the past 3 years. Good luck! The bears are just starting to hit the baits in our area.

• Sitka Gear