Cazador 29-Apr-16
Jaquomo 29-Apr-16
28-Apr-16

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo

28-Apr-16
lol

28-Apr-16
He had no choice. It was either take himself out and make it fast, or we'd do it for him...slow and painful!

FWIW, Cheyenne's under another Winter Storm Warning for tomorrow through Saturday. Calling for another 7-11". Bad news is, my back's had enough of the shoveling/clearing. Good news is, with all the late snowpack, LOTS of feed for growing big antlers this year! ;-)

28-Apr-16
I have Wyoming as one of my locations on the Weather Channel app and I was surprised last week to see it calling for snow one day. Also surprised to see the highs/lows predicted.

28-Apr-16
I wish you guys would take that state and your weather further North. I'm really close to the border and get WY weather. Supposed to get another 20" the next couple days. We've been hammered with back-back-back-back 20" storms. I need to stock fish and the two big ponds on either side of my property are still iced over.

But the good news is the snowpack. We'll take it. We're well over normal for the year.

I love the famous prediction of only 6 years ago that "Snow is a thing of our past - it's something we'll tell our children about", said the famous climate "scientist" Dr. Viner.

28-Apr-16
"I was surprised last week to see it calling for snow one day. Also surprised to see the highs/lows predicted."

Ha! Only thing that surprises me is your Weather Channel app only called for snow one day. We've had snow 4 days out of the past 6. It's snowing right now and will be for the next couple. As far as temps go, it's 35 right now. Our highs for the next 3 days are 37, 35, and 35. Welcome to Wyoming!

I took my longtime hunting buddy over to show him my hunting area on the 21st of June, 1990. First day of summer. As we were driving through the Laramie Plains, it started raining. By the time we crossed the Snowy Range, it was snowing pretty hard. It was awesome since there was no wind. The flakes were huge and coming straight down, which is HIGHLY unusual! By the time we left, there was 8" on the ground with no sign of letting up. We thought it was pretty cool...until we got to the highway and found out they closed it due to snow! We had to go the long route and drop into Colorado before we could head back to Cheyenne. Again, that was the 21st of June!

I've seen it snow every month except for August. We even got a few inches on the 4th of July one year!

BTW Jaq, we're still ice fishin' up here. ;-)

28-Apr-16

Bowboy's Link
The Wyoming weather keeps most people from moving here. That's fine with me!

Lou, have you seen our new weather girl on TV 5?

28-Apr-16
What he ^^^ said....

28-Apr-16
As of this morning the snowpack for the Laramie and North Patte River basins was at 113% of average. It's sure to go up the next couple of days. Pain in the butt, but we always need water.

28-Apr-16
Yeah Craig, not your typical Newschannel 5 "celebrity". Definitely must see TV. Funny thing is, after she's finished with her forecast, I can't remember a damn thing she said! lol!

28-Apr-16
Does the Ch 5 news girl wear yoga pants on air or something?

28-Apr-16
Brad, the unfortunate answer is "or something".

28-Apr-16
Now I'm gonna have to start watching Ch 5 outta Cheyenne to see the 'or something'.

28-Apr-16
Ohhhh, Crystal. Even she can't make the weather any better in Cheyenne, unfortunately.

Somebody will snatch her up for a mid-major market soon. There was a gal on the Weather Channel for awhile who, when she was standing on the East Coast, covered much of the Great Plains....

28-Apr-16
Yeah.....

Just watched....

CH 5 weather......

sort of.

28-Apr-16
Jeez, i leave my house in the morning in a t shirt most days....been wearing shorts for the last 2 months

28-Apr-16
"But the good news is the snowpack. We'll take it. We're well over normal for the year."

The entire West needs it. Here in SoCal we got snow twice in the past week. I've got tomato plants all over my dining room. We got a wet one here and we really need it too. We also need you guys to get dumped on, seeing as a lot of the water that falls in southern WY and western CO ends up in SoCal.

28-Apr-16
Tough spring for sure. Snowing heavy in Laramie right now. Glad to hear you Colorado boys watching out for Wyoming weather and our Wyoming gals.

29-Apr-16
Silly question, but is this spring weather good for elk antler growth? I'm hunting around Jackson WY this September.

29-Apr-16
Good snowpack equals good summer feed equals good antler growth.

Downside is if the spring storms get too severe when the cows start calving.

29-Apr-16
Ummm, John, she's not a "Wyoming gal". Instantly evident. Probably comes down to Fort Collins to find clothes that aren't "plus-size"! ;-O

Yep, good spring vegetation growth is good for antler growth.

29-Apr-16
Thanks wybullshooter, good news.

29-Apr-16
Wish some of the moisture would move a little north. I have been monitoring the big horns and they are only at 80% of the median.

29-Apr-16
Spring moisture is a double edge sword.

Sure the grass and forage grows well, but then come August it dries out and hopefully all that fuel doesnt get hit by lightning and burn

29-Apr-16

Cazador's Link
My favorite weather girl.....sounds like you guys up North.

PS Spanish vocabulary not needed.

29-Apr-16
https://www.facebook.com/crystalharperwx/

Yeah she's legit...^

29-Apr-16
Chad, besides the hottie, the Aussie guy commentary is great! Who cares if there's a tidal wave coming as long as she's telling us about it!

29-Apr-16
I agree Lou. The end was funny too....reminds me of Latin American flight attendants vs. US. Based carriers.....makes you want to vomit.

29-Apr-16
Latin American, Lufthansa, and KLM vs. the female prison guards we have on our US carriers...

• Sitka Gear