HUNT MAN 29-Apr-16
bowhunter1691 29-Apr-16
HUNT MAN 29-Apr-16
bowhunter1691 29-Apr-16
HUNT MAN 29-Apr-16
kellyharris 30-Apr-16
Machias 30-Apr-16
29-Apr-16
Hey guys, I am new to this site so bear with me if I ask or post something I shouldn't. Myself and a friend are planning a spring bear hunt in Idaho for mid to late April of 2017. I would really like to hunt units 10 and 12 (the reduced tag fees are very appealing ??). But I also noticed unit 39 appears to have a pretty high success rate compared to other units. Can units 10 and 12 be easily accessed during this time, or are they pretty well snow covered? We will be hiking in on foot for some spot and stalk hunting. We are both in good shape and covering ground on foot is not a problem for us, even though we are from Nebraska. Any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

29-Apr-16
I think I can help you guys out with a spot. Please send me a PM.

29-Apr-16
Late April is very snowy on most years in unit 10 and 12. I have my best luck in June and the last 2 weeks most times. Hunt

29-Apr-16
Hunt, when is the earliest a couple guys could get around easily up in the area of units 10 and 12? I really want to hunt the northern part of the state.

29-Apr-16
It depends on the year. But in the last 15 years of baiting in unit 12 my average start date is June 5. Best of luck . Hunt

29-Apr-16
Oh wow. Perhaps we will try a unit farther to the south. Thank you for the input Hunt, I sure would hate to drive 14 hours to not be able to hunt.

29-Apr-16
Lower in unit 12 you can hunt earlier. First of May most years. I hunt up by the Montana Idaho border.

30-Apr-16

kellyharris's Link
Yep reach out to Nick he is about the best there is, if you don't believe so just Google his name he post on every available website there is known to mankind.

He will make sure you know he is sooooooo succesful.

I'm not going to lie I wish I could be the hunter he is.....

30-Apr-16
My favorite part of the world.

• Sitka Gear