sitO 03-May-16
carcus 03-May-16
stoneman 03-May-16
BUCKeye 03-May-16
Brotsky 04-May-16
Mark Watkins 04-May-16
DEC 04-May-16
30-Apr-16
Well you shot the crap out of it with your camera. :) Beautiful bird. Hard to be upset...looks like a great morning to be outside

30-Apr-16
Ouch! Better luck next time?!? If it were easy, everybody would be doing it.

I've missd before, i can drop lines on you all day. LOL!!

30-Apr-16
he'll be back.

or another one that looks just like him.

you will prevail in the end.

you are smarter, more prepared, and have superior skills. he is doomed..............he just bought some time that's all.

go get him

30-Apr-16
The good news is there won't be a blood trail challenge #40 for this one.

30-Apr-16
aim high, watch them die, aim low watch them go :)

the great thing about turkeys is they have really bad memories, move your setup a few hundred yards and call him in again

30-Apr-16
The misses and stories like Scoots are more memorable :) There will be more turkeys. That still shot you started the thread with is awesome!

30-Apr-16
Is the video up to watch Pat?

30-Apr-16
I appreciate the fact that you shared a nice photo with the rest of us, and you didn't sugar coat the miss.

Any idea what events lead up to the miss? Misjudge the distance? Hit a limb? Flinch at the time of the shot?

30-Apr-16
I would be happy to get a shot at a bird like that! Missing is part of the deal, happens to everyone. Let it go, do not carry that miss to the next shot. Drive on!

30-Apr-16
Good! Makes me feel a lot better. :)

I had 7 toms within 10 yards the first week I hunted them with the recurve and the ghilly suit and did not kill one.

Heading out tomorrow to try again and I bet you will be doing the same.

Good luck to both of us. Paul

30-Apr-16
Bad morning for me. Heard 2 gobbles off in the distance saw none as of 9:57. Last gobble was at about 8. Going to stay where I'm at till noon. Can't hunt after noon first 2 weeks of the PA season.

The spot I'm at is a good spot saw bird here preseason scouting and has been a good spot over the years. Just a slow opening morning I guess.

Ed

30-Apr-16
My daughter half pint says it only happens to the best bowhunters! Ha!

30-Apr-16
Add me to the loser list. I just missed a 18 yds shot. I hit the bottom of the blind window. I tr ied to post a pix of the bird sturting and the window. But only get 3 g service where I'm huntin will post. later I'll post a the pix of the bird and the window cut. That makes 3 window cuts on this blind. :(

Ed

30-Apr-16
LOL! Been there & done that in running & gunning those birds! Had him right next to the mashed potatoes & stuffing too! (grin)

ElkNut1

30-Apr-16
Maybe try shooting a LARGE mechanical broadhead. I hear those are impossible to miss with ;) Been there done that. Nice photo!

30-Apr-16
Teeton, when i see the battle scars i have left on my ground blind it takes me back to those hunts. I liken it to looking up at a head on my wall.

30-Apr-16
Wow man.... Looks like a world record too!

30-Apr-16
Happens to the best of em Pat. Nice looking bird. We head out for the first day in VT tomorrow.

30-Apr-16
Don't feel so bad, I missed one this morning as well.

30-Apr-16
Congrats on the state land score.

I had a nice tom come in Wed morning.. made a draw, but he never presented me a good shot.. had to let down.

Not sure when I'm even going to get out next...

30-Apr-16
Wow pretty bird! Turkeys are tough!

30-Apr-16
Pat your beeting me by 1000, I've turkey hunted 5-6 times pretty sure I never even called in a thunder chicken.....

30-Apr-16

Teeton's embedded Photo
Teeton's embedded Photo
Well here's the bird strutting. He came in with a hen and a Jake came from the bottom and he went and chased him off. I got a video of it. It's not good and I never try to post a video here on the bow site. I'll give it a shot to post it.

Ed

30-Apr-16
OK forget the video. I got to learn how to do it.

But here's the window I hit, you can see the cut in the bottom. The bird was standing a little in front of the black stump. Done for the day only hunt in PA till noon. Going to a game dinner in a few hours.

Good luck to everyone and most of all have fun.

Ed

30-Apr-16
Yep. Missed them at 20 and have shot through the bottom of the blind window - only once though. I found a solution to the 20 yard misses. Wait 'til they're inside 10! ;-)

30-Apr-16

Teeton's embedded Photo
Teeton's embedded Photo
Dam it for got the window pix.

30-Apr-16
The problem I have with blinds is the windows. Most seem to be too high for bow hunting.

30-Apr-16
Troubling trend, what is really wrong Pat? Posting about fears of going to prison posting hunting failures, is there some underlying problem trying to surface or is someone trying to tarnish your image by taking over your bowsite account while your away on business?

30-Apr-16
That ain't nothing Pat, I missed 5 (five) shots the first 4 days in Ohio! Finally got one with a shotgun on 5th hunt. I would have pulled my hair out, if I had any.

Bob

30-Apr-16
STRIKE ONE! TWO MORE SHOTS REMEMBER PICK A SPOT!

30-Apr-16
that is a pretty bird! missing sometime is worse then not getting a shot at all, it is early still...

30-Apr-16
Well, now I don't feel so bad. This AM, I shot through a turkey and he ran off with his buddies like I never hit him.

Although the first turkey I shot died after running into the blind, since then, it's been nothing but frustration. These birds can be tough!

30-Apr-16
If we never had the one that got away - what would we talk about over beers?

Hard to complain about a morning spent in the woods and seeing a bird like that!!

30-Apr-16
Somehow Pat missing doesn't make me feel a damn bit better about making a poor shot on my only opportunity last week. Make 'em pay Pat !

30-Apr-16
Thought this was going to be a TBM thread, my bad....sorry about the miss

30-Apr-16
Keep after it Pat!

30-Apr-16
Last week I hit a nice Tom with a Bullhead just were the neck connects with the body. All I got was feathers!!!!

30-Apr-16
That's why I set my decoys at 7 yards. I small move and a shot that is a little off is a miss or even worse a wounded bird. That's bowhunting though and it makes it fun and just highlights the fact that it ain't easy.

30-Apr-16
Hate when that happens nice bird too.

30-Apr-16
That the thing about huntin' and golf.... a bad day and you just suck as a human being....

If you were fishing..... well, the fish just weren't bitin' today....

01-May-16
Pat I've got you beat...I missed twice!

01-May-16
Been there...done that...bought the tee shirt...lol.

My son got his first bow gobbler yesterday...26lb with a 10-1/2" beard. Now he's hooked :^).

He's a hog Pat...and still there for ya!!! Next time brother.

01-May-16
If it makes you feel better, I missed a bird earlier this year about that same size. The only difference is my bird was much closer. I probably could have just held the arrow and stabbed him with it. Actually, when I looked through the blind window, there was more bird than not bird. It was amazing that the arrow found its way around the tom really.

01-May-16
I'm a loser too....

02-May-16
I count every arrow released at a turkey as a success :)

02-May-16
That was funny Andy.

If it makes you feel better fellas, I setup on one two Mondays ago. I called him in and when he got into sight, I waited for him to go behind a tree to line him up. Understand my horror when I sighted down the barrel and my glue on tru glo sights had fell off sometime that morning. Being the awesome hunter I am, I figured I could line him up and kill him anyway. I figured wrong.

So, I guess I'm a real loser missing one with a gun. I have to say though, when shooting a shotgun that has a softball size pattern at 20 yards, it is quite easy to miss. Unfortunately, I'm speaking from experience on that too. Even with guns that had sights. God Bless men.

03-May-16
I'm a bigger loser, because I cant even get a shot! I've had birds around the blind, but not in front, on the decoys! Shucks its frustrating, but it can all change really fast, and that's why I'll keep trying! Happy hunting!

03-May-16
Thats a great pic of a turkey. Maybe some of you turkey guys could put a "where to shoot" dot on it. I'm curious. Never shot one while puffed up.

03-May-16
You guys can't even spell L-O-S-E-R...

Pat should get a kick out of this ;?) From last Spring and I redeemed myself later in the season, but this is just sad I'm sure you'll agree.

Celebrate your failures!

03-May-16
Your anchor didn't look to solid? Hat peak in the way?

03-May-16
sit0 - that was pain full to watch, can't imagine how you felt!

03-May-16
sitO- Thats the problem with rattling them in....they jump the string.

04-May-16
sitO, sad to say but I was there once! So shocked I missed the first time I don't think I was even in the same area code on the next two!

04-May-16
sitO,

Crazy good video!

"endeavor to persevere!"....and you did!!!

Mark

04-May-16
I missed last Friday evening on video at 9 yards. I had a bird come in fast and quiet. I was texting my wife when I looked up and he was in the decoys. I flat panicked and rushed the shot. Clean miss thankfully.

Yep ... I'm joining the Loser Club with you guys.

• Sitka Gear