Medicinemann 08-May-16
buckfevered 09-May-16
GhostBird 09-May-16
SteveB 09-May-16
Bear Track 10-May-16
Bear Track 10-May-16
Rocking R 10-May-16
05-May-16
To the guests coming up this year, we have wifi in all the cabins and I'm going to try and update you daily from my perch looking out on the lake.

My guide Pat was at 7 baits today and came back smiling, saying every one was cleaned out. Jeannine and I came up later today and spent the day unpacking her trailer and barely putting anything away. 35C here which is 80 something and not the norm by a long shot. I'll be out on the Trap Line and into a few other baits and will have my phone with me for pictures.

06-May-16
Heading out Saturday. Nineteen hour drive but looking forward to it. Beats going to work. Weather and bear forecast sound great.

06-May-16
That's great Ron! Looks like Bowsite will be getting a semi-live hunt next week!

Look forward to meeting you in camp Sunday Jim.

06-May-16

Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
Talked with the Wounded Warriors today and they are really looking forward to increasing their heart rate as a bear walks in with a bow in hand:)

06-May-16

Bear Track's embedded Photo
I'm not real tech savy but trying some thing here. It went from 80 in the cabin last night to about 45 this morning. Here's something you don't see during bear season, Jeannine in bed at 7:00 am

This is my first post from my iPhone to bowsite. If it doesn't work will use my notepad

06-May-16
Wifi will be great news. I see a semi live hunt in my future. Keep us posted on the trap line, love that area.

06-May-16
Keep us updated Ron. Looking forward to the hunt.

06-May-16
I'm sure Jeannine will appreciate your first pic off the iPhone, Ron....lol.

06-May-16
Nick, Ron's first pic may also be his last! Ha!

06-May-16
Sounds great Ron! Looking forward to all of the updates. Man, I wish I could make it up there again this year. Guess I'll have to live vicariously through your updates!! Have a great season and good luck to all of the hunters.

06-May-16
You guys going this coming week have timed it perfect!

06-May-16
Ron, Don't make the chef mad!

07-May-16

Yesterday found me going out checking bais and restocking baits, with a phone soon to be dead. First one I got to was whacked pretty hard. The meat barrel was cleaned right out and this is normal as they seem to prefer meat once they have the feed bag on. I was getting concerned when every bait was hit that I'd be going through more bait than I plan for the season. I did find 2 baits that bears had not found. In the picture here, you see pails laying there and these we carry our bait into the sites with. If they are oily from the fryer oil, we leave it in the woods overnight for the bears to lick clean for us, rather than mess our trucks with oil.

07-May-16

Today was one those that to be polite, I'll call a challenge. We went to the trap line. I own 4 Honda Rubicons that someone that does work for me any more, left me with 2 broken front axles. They are in the shop, but I have 2 more. We get to the first bait and my front end on the 450 I'm on is sure hard to steer and sqweaking lots. We unload bait and hang the treestand and I done go 1/4 mile and the right wheel falls of. I snapped a lower ball joint. First time a Honda has broke in my hands. Getting it out a few miles on a boulder ridden trail is going to be a problem. We end up lifting it up into a convenient over hanging tree and back the other one under it and stap it down. 3 hours later I have it in my truck and Pat continues on his way and I limp back to camp. I then find out my new guide herniated a disc in his back. So I'm down to 1 atv and 1 guide with guests showing up tomorrow. The Polaris garage owner I had asked 3 years ago if I broke a bike would he have one. One phone call today and he has a loaner. A phone call and I have 4 new ball joints on the bus Monday and that fire is out. 2 more phone calls and I have my brother ready to back me up. I should have got a picture of the bikes linked together but was occupied. My Rubicons in the shop should be ready Tuesday and I'm back in business.

08-May-16
Wow Ron....let's hope those fires are out and no more pop up! Glad you weren't in the middle of the season!

08-May-16
First iPhone photo is of Jeannine asleep....the next thing you know, the phone is dead. Coincidence? I think not....LOL!!

09-May-16
Ron, sounds like a tough start to your year, but I'm confident you will overcome. Best of luck to you, Jeannine, and all your hunters. You guys will kill a lot of bears, and big ones I'm sure.

09-May-16
Ron, endeavor to persevere.

09-May-16
Bump in the road for a man like Ron Dare.

10-May-16

This is the bear that gave Justin (Brotsky) the slip last night. He is after him tonight.

10-May-16
This is the bear that gave Justin (Brotsky) the slip last night. He is after him tonight.

10-May-16
I have a feeling there will be some bears on the ground tonight. Good luck to all of the hunters in camp.

Thanks for the updates Ron!

• Sitka Gear