Teeton 07-May-16
Teeton 07-May-16
stick n string 07-May-16
Teeton 07-May-16
trkyslr 07-May-16
Teeton 07-May-16
trkyslr 07-May-16
07-May-16
OK got in place at 510. At about 530 a bird started gobbling about 200 yds below me. Got a old corn field above me that I can only see the top where it levels off. Two hens a Jake and a gobbler have been in it for about the last hour. Every now and then I can see them. I then they are the ones that where below me this morning. I be leave they came up my east side just out of site. The gobbler sounding off every 30 mins or so. I did hear a hen or an other hunter sound off a few times below me, but that was an hour ago. We wI'll have to wait and see if they/he makes his way down to me. Where they are,at they can not see my decoys.

07-May-16
I have a hen out about 100yds just standing under a hemlock tree for about 15 mins now. Very quite the last 30 mins.

07-May-16
8:18 the hen which has been joint be another hen is still out there. 100yds Made a couple of soft clucks. Hunting out of a blind.

07-May-16
Thanks Pat.

Got very quite. The two hens walk off. I did have 2 gun hunters walk by. I think that was the hen I heard earlier. Hope the 2 other hunter didn't mess up my setup. Im staying put till noon. It 9:28.

07-May-16
Thanks Pat.

Got very quite. The two hens walk off. I did have 2 gun hunters walk by. I think that was the hen I heard earlier. Hope the 2 other hunter didn't mess up my setup. Im staying put till noon. It 9:28.

07-May-16
Good luck.

Lots of action between 10 and 1,if you can stay that long.

07-May-16
10:30,, heard a lone gobble about 10 mins ago, out about 250 yds. Hope the makes his way up towards me.

07-May-16
Mad_Angler,, staying till noon in PA u can only hunt till noon first 2 weeks of season. Then second 2 weeks all day. He also gobbled a few mins ago. Still out about the same distance. Just gave a soft chuck or 2.

07-May-16
Well 32 mins and it's over for now. :(

07-May-16
Good luck teeton. Hopin he comes a'runnin to ya lookin for some quick action while the boss is off layin an egg....

07-May-16
Well only 15 mins left and done 4 the day. Sun just came out. That's something I haven't seen in like 8 days. I'm in Northeast Pa.

07-May-16
Teeton, if you can setup in that corn field where you saw birds this morning on your next hunt out.. It's tough pulling birds down to you when they're above you. Good luck!

07-May-16
Trkysir,, I've hunt this spot for years. I got corn fields above (north) and on my east side a grass field and a old pasture on my west side, with a mix of big hard woods and hemlock (south) below me with a creek running west the east at the the bottom, with fields with mixed in woods on the other side of the creek. It seems that the birds always come into the spot I'm setup at. It's about 200 yds wide east to west and 500 yds from corn field to the creek below.. When the birds get up in the corn field they most times come down into the woods I'm setup in. On the far north end of the corn field is the house with barn and out buildings, so the birds seem to not go to much further than the rise in the corn field.

I my try to get out this week coming, if not next Saturday.

Ed

07-May-16
Gotcha then it was just prob one of those few days for some unknown turkey reason they didn't come into your spot... Good luck!

• Sitka Gear