6-Gold 11-May-16
Mike Ukrainetz 11-May-16
DS 11-May-16
Bigfoot 11-May-16
DS 11-May-16
habu john 11-May-16
wkochevar 11-May-16
11-May-16
I was wondering if the black bear hunting in Alberta was still going on or did the gov. shut some of it down? Thanks 6-GOLD

11-May-16
None shut down as far as I know, I've heard of a couple evacuations in NE Alberta near the big fire in Fort McMurray though. The vast majority of outfitters are not affected but my heart goes out to the few that have been affected, for sure!

11-May-16
6-Gold I do not know if hunting is shut down,but I do know that the use of ATVs is banned in the entire province.

11-May-16
ATV use is not shut down for commercial use, and I think guides fall under that classification. For the guys doing their own baiting with ATV's, they can't use them. I know of a few guys packing bait on their backs. Bear hunting is still open.

11-May-16
Good clarification. I've made some calls home to Alberta, no one is aware of hunting restrictions. The issue will be road closures, access,don't head for Fort Mac.

11-May-16
I was wondering how Pat Garrett's camp fared up the Clearwater. He goes out of Fort Mac and heads east about 50 miles. His dads northern Alberta camp was lost to fires about six years ago.

11-May-16
I don't think Pat runs that outfit anymore, but I am quit sure whoever it is lost all operations out of that camp this year. Besides not staging out of Ft. Mac, the fire is headed towards the camp...Very sad, that is such a beautiful spot and camp!

• Sitka Gear