buckfevered 18-Jun-16
14-May-16

TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo
Staff is hired,baits are fired!

14-May-16
Nice looking bear!!

14-May-16
Good luck starting Monday. Keep he reports coming if you can find the time.

14-May-16
Good times from the past to get the future giant killers excited.Got my work cut out for me this yr theres 19 hunters that have all killed monsters returning,standards will be high.lol

14-May-16
Expectations will be higher lol

14-May-16
Dave, looking forward my week in June. Should be another great year. See what we can accomplish this time around. Trifecta?

15-May-16
Dave, do you have an AED at the lodge? I've got a few rookies in my group who may need one when they experience their first BIG BEAR encounter. Have a great opening week.

15-May-16
Good luck to u and your hunters this spring, hope its a safe and fruitful one.

15-May-16
I was wondering where you were. Good luck and lets see some of those Eastern Monsters!!!

16-May-16
Round 5, looking forward to seeing you guys in camp.

More good times to be had.

17-May-16
Yes indeed, looking for another great hunt w/ Dave @ TSI, also #5.

Treestand & buckfevered, when are you going in June. Scott and I are booked the 1st week, would be great to hunt with you guys again. Mike, maybe you could connect with that bear that tried to eat last years 450lber! Scott will gladly help you track it in the pitch dark, he now knows what an angry bear sounds like :)

Too all, have a great hunt.

Dave, I hope you are ready for us again !

17-May-16
Since, We are coming back the week of the 12th. I will definitely need Scott's help if I get in a similar situation, hopefully not. Ask him if he's ever figured out those funny Canadian words Dave was using that night!

I've got a feeling this will be your and Rich's year to take home the big ones. My first day luck may be running out, and your and Rich's skill and patience will persevere.

Dad's coming again along with my older brother (his first bear hunt). Dad says no more ground blinds for him, so this ought to be fun!

17-May-16
My son and I will be there the week of the 12th as well. Second year for me, first for him.

17-May-16
I'll be there the week of the 12th with my dad this will be the fourth time

17-May-16
Wow, looks like the week of the 12th is the time to be there!

Mike, I think that Dave was saying "don't run" as he ran past you :) Tell your dad I said hello and remember to share your luck with your older brother.

of course, need to see pictures from all!

17-May-16
Buckfevered, It will be great to see you and Dad again!

Mike, I'd like to have it happen this year :)

And another new bear hunter eh? LOL!

And.................. Hoyt1 and myself, the week of the 12th. >>>------------>

18-May-16
looks like Dave will have his hands full the week of the 12th, good luck all.....we will try to leave a couple for ya!

18-May-16
Dave was definitely saying don't run, it was the funny Canadian words preceding the "don't run" that got me. I swear they started with an "f" LOL.

May have to leave us more than a few, but if I know Dave, he has more than enough for us all to score big. We'll have an awesome week no matter how many cross the skinning table, that's for sure.

18-May-16
Hey y'all, please post up some pics you fill your tags. Millie and I are hunting the last week of the Season with 4 rookies. I'll be forwarding the pics as they surface to keep them excited.

Safe travels everyone

Rick

18-May-16
Looks like three groups of dads and sons and treesrandwolf and a partner. That is 9.

18-May-16
That is the week of the 12th I was referring to

19-May-16
I'm definitely looking forward to my first bear hunt and I really hope Mike shares his luck, I'd hate to break the family first timer streak he and Dad have set. Never hunted bear before, much lees with a bow, or as close to them as I've been told, but I'm really looking forward to it. Like Mike already said, it's going to be an awesome week no matter what.

19-May-16
Wraith8, I hunted with your dad and brother last year, are you the son that is married to Chuck Freese's daughter from Interlaken NY?

19-May-16
The reason I ask is, that if so, her grand parents were our neighbors growing up and were my baby sitters over 40 years ago. Small world at bear camp !

19-May-16
Can't wait to join the crew June 12. Feeling like this is the yr to smoke a good one.

19-May-16
Since, nope he's not; that's my other brother

19-May-16
10-4 Mike, thanks and again good luck to you and the family!

19-May-16

TREESTANDWOLF's embedded Photo
TREESTANDWOLF's embedded Photo
What's the best part about bear camp? To me, listening to a first time bear hunter's story and excitement.

This is Hoyt1's daughter and her first bear, taken at TSI.

What a great memory and camp that week. Buckfevered was all over giving a hand and pitching in on the recovery.

You do meet some great people at bear camp for sure EH?

19-May-16
To me, that's half the fun, being in the woods, hunting or helping someone else recover their's.

She was an excited young lady when we found that one. That was the only semi open spot for 100 yards. Good times my friends, good times!

19-May-16
Nice bear, her smile says it all!!!!!!

20-May-16
four days down how have the first week guys been doing? any word?

21-May-16
Week one in the books started slow wirh snow monday but ended well got a big one yesturday three total last night all seen lots one monster shot wed.on to next week.

21-May-16

TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo

21-May-16
Congrats to the hunters you guys are of to a good start, the best for the rest of the season

21-May-16
Nice bear off to a good start

21-May-16
Beauty. Off to good start. Thank you for updating Dave.

21-May-16
Nice bear, great first week. Can't wait to see more.

22-May-16
Just finished skining the one above 318lbs 18 8/16 green.

22-May-16
Since, I'm the oldest of the three. Our youngest brother is the one that married into the Freese family.

It's funny how often we run into people from such different parts of the country and find a common connection. We were out of town this week on vacation with some friends and ran into a family from Atlanta. Talking with them we learned the Dad had grown up in the town my friends live in, and they know some of the same people. Strange how we can be in the middle of Missouri and run into someone from Georgia and have a common connection, or meet someone in a hunting camp in Canada and find out we've got a connection to the same people in New York.

23-May-16
Wraith, it shows how small the world can be.

23-May-16
Does anyone know if there is a local taxidermist who will be fill the void from Dale's passing. Has anyone else assumed responsibility for the Tratton Run business. Such a tragedy.

23-May-16
Bou PM sent

23-May-16

23-May-16
Im pretty sure that Ryan, operator of Hunter's Pride Taxidermy is picking up a fair amount of the work that was at Dale's.

Email: [email protected]

Phone: (506) 639-8173

Have talked with him multiple times and he's currently working on Millie's Cinnamon from 2015. Ryan is supposed to her bear at Dave's sometime before we get to camp next month.

23-May-16
Ryan is doing mine from last year i am suppose to pick it up in June when my son in law and me come up hunting just three weeks.

23-May-16
Bou ryan has yours from last yr.Give him a call.

24-May-16
Hey tsi, I just sent you a pm. Thanks for your time

25-May-16
good luck this season

looks like good start

keep the pictures coming

27-May-16
Looking forward to seeing how week 2 went.

27-May-16
Hopefully we'll have an update in the AM.

02-Jun-16
it's been awful quiet with any updates from TSI!

Dave, you are keeping a lot of us in suspense, what happening in the land of the giant black bear?

02-Jun-16
If he has time to update the site it's probably not a good sign is the way I look at it.

02-Jun-16
Yeah, seems when I'm there he is going 90 to nothing all the time, don't know when he sleeps. I'm with Grant, no news is good news. Jim, you'll have to give us the play-by-play when you get there next week.

02-Jun-16
I will indeed, though right now looks like we will be dodging rain storms at least for the first few days

02-Jun-16
I remember a few rainy days from two years ago. Man that NB mud is nasty stuff. Still don't have it off all my stuff. Last year's rainy weather netted me a good tracking partner, best I remember.

03-Jun-16
not sure about the best but it was fun to be on the trail w/ the team!

05-Jun-16
three weeks down three to go.

07-Jun-16
Where's all the pictures...? Is the weather not cooperating....?

07-Jun-16
dave does not normally post he leaves it up to the hunters if they choose. they are doing very well by all accounts.

07-Jun-16
It would be very helpful to other potential hunters, seems all the other success bear outfitters post pictures here on Bowsite........just sayin'

07-Jun-16
I'd like to see some pictures too..Always nice to see what's hitting the ground.Good luck to all.

10-Jun-16
Well on our way. Just doing 9 1/2 hours today, gonna end up in Erie, PA for the night, then to Bangor tomorrow. That leaves a short drive in Sunday morning. Can't wait to get to camp, see old friends, meet some new ones, and start prepping for some stand time. Will try hard to keep the updates coming best we can with limited service. Just talked to Since. Said weather has been aweful this week with only one bear on the ground so far. Hope it changes quick for them and us.

11-Jun-16
Safe travels and good luck to the Week 5 group. I hope the weather patterns improve for everyone. Millie and I will start heading that way Wednesday for week 6. We're planning to spend a day or two in Portland before heading there Sunday.

11-Jun-16
going into a bear camp, particularly baited bear, after a slow week before is not a bad thing at all. weather does not stay poor forever and animals will be more numerous and active when things come around after having had movement limited during the prolonged down period.

11-Jun-16
We'll be into camp sometime tomorrow afternoon. Safe travels looking forward to a great week should be a blast like always

11-Jun-16
We pull out in the am at 6 am and puts us there around 6 pm without incident except a stop at Cabelas and a lunch break.

Safe travels all, see you there.

17-Jun-16
friend of mine just sent me a pic of a monster shot up at Daves this week.. Supposedly close to a 600 lbs if that's true, that is a true giant. It looked giant in the pics. I cant for my next trip up there. Congrats to the hunter

18-Jun-16

Hoyt1's embedded Photo
Hoyt1's embedded Photo
Congradulations Dan! Truly a trophy of a lifetime.

18-Jun-16

TSI's embedded Photo
TSI's embedded Photo

18-Jun-16
Hey guys. it is a good thing dan did not listen to the old story about never shoot the first one in to the bait.

this was first nite, first bear in.

of course had be waited who knows just how big the next one would have been...............

18-Jun-16
So true Grant. Two hunters killed their personal bests shooting the first bears they saw on their first nights on stand.

• Sitka Gear