HighLife 31-May-16
willliamtell 01-Jun-16
wytex 01-Jun-16
live2hunt88 01-Jun-16
No Mercy Hunting 01-Jun-16
No Mercy Hunting 01-Jun-16
huntr4477 01-Jun-16
26-May-16
Looking for a free range hunt within resonable driving distance from Northern Illinois.

26-May-16
Southern Oklahoma or near the South Carolina-Georgia border is about the closest where you can find free roaming hogs in populations high enough that you actually may get a chance to shoot one. Free range hogs can be found in the Appalachian mountain region but in most places the populations are very spotty. Do some google searches and you will find where there are huntable populations of wild hogs.

27-May-16
My son is stationed at Ft. Sill in south Oklahoma and has seen hogs while hiking. Lots of public ground down that way.

30-May-16
I always find it odd with all the articles about hog damage that finding a free range hunt is so tough, but nobody is sending messages out to come hunt them

30-May-16
If you are a traditional bowhunter Wildthings in sc is great. LH

30-May-16
Sport hunting messes up the proven ways to control hog populations - trapping and aerial gunning.

Best thing they did, as per our growing swine population, was to outlaw feral hog hunting in Kansas.

Now, if we could just get Oklahoma to keep their pigs south of the border.

30-May-16
Zebra, Same story every one wants to bitch about them on their property but they won't let anyone hunt them, they put up feeders and food plots then wonder why they have hogs, and before anyone asks yes I have hogs on my place so I know a thing or two about them.

30-May-16
I've offered people to come and hunt (hunting friends and bowsiters) but nobody ever follows through. We don't run feeders, but have several big groups of hogs on our place. I've even entertained putting feeders up just for others to try and kill them. Yes, it's between a certain time frame, Jan-Mar, but it's all I can offer. I can tell you this, it's no fun trying to beat the brush in May through September trying to kill/find hogs, unless you're hunting over bait.

Also, unless someone is going to pay my gas money and other expenses, it ain't worth it to me. Just find me a trapper... :)

30-May-16
So, Skippy, can HighLife come hunt them on your property?

Problem solved!

30-May-16
Never said they were a problem, the issue with free range hogs is they are very nomadic some days they are there then nothing for the next couple of weeks.

30-May-16
I did some in southwest OK. Tuff to get guys on them and real tuff to kill them with a bow. Set up is key Bait all most like bears.

31-May-16
Thanks for the PMs guys much appreciated. Have family now in Georgia and N. Carolina checking for me But having been to OK this past March has me wanting to try again where we are gonna hunt not sit in a room all day.

01-Jun-16
Based on an outfitter I've hunted with, you need trail cams to keep up with where they are active at a particular time. Like everything else, the more they get hunted the spottier they will be.

01-Jun-16

wytex's embedded Photo
wytex's embedded Photo
North Texas has free range hog hunts. Not all hunting in Texas is high fenced. Some reasonably priced hunts along the Red River in Texas. Southern Oklahoma is also very good. Bad time of year to chase them though.

01-Jun-16
We run dogs here in northeast Oklahoma. A couple years ago when we started things were kind of slow but with the growing population around here getting on some hogs has been fairly easy

01-Jun-16

No Mercy Hunting's Link
We offer fair chase hunts for hogs here at No Mercy Hunting. They tend to be around 30% success. We hunt over bait and the best time is Mid December through early March.

01-Jun-16

No Mercy Hunting's Link
We don't have a lot of reviews on here but if you look at our facebook page we have 130. The fair chase hog hunts are not for everyone. It is a tough hunt which requires some patience and accepting that not everyone is going to kill a hog. Our high-fenced hog hunts offer a guaranteed shot opportunity for those looking for a guaranteed shot and over 98% success.

01-Jun-16
Highlife,check out T and M Hunting properties in Four Oaks NC

Bob

• Sitka Gear