Brotsky 27-May-16
Fulldraw1972 27-May-16
Mathewsman 27-May-16
Paul@thefort 27-May-16
Jaquomo 27-May-16
bad karma 28-May-16
TNRAMBLINGMAN 28-May-16
27-May-16
Does anyone have an idea of what bow slings will fit over the Halon 6 cams? I would like to have a sling for my upcoming elk hunt.

I have a Primos carry sling that worked great with my Hoyts but the ends of the sling do not fit well over the Halon 6 cams. Any ideas? Cabelas carries a bow sling, but it is not clear to me if it will fit the Halon 6.

27-May-16
TH,

I have the Cabelas on my Halon, fits and works great.

27-May-16

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Mark, here is the Cabelas bow sling I used last year. My Mathews bow is a single cam and 32 inches ATA. There is some length adjustment to the sling.

Pros and Cons.

Pros. Hand free. Takes the weight off of the hands and arms when hiking. Protects the cams,etc. Can attach it to ones back pack if needed.

Cons. adds some weight. May be hard to take off IF supprised by an elk within shooting range (I never had this happen) One can practice taking it off and on to be quicker if needed.

I used it mostly to access my hunting spots and then hand carried by bow, most of the time or used another hand made sling.

There are other slings out there that may be lighter or give you quicker access to the bow. I have made a few from shoulder straps from carry on baggage and nylon straps with a hook at the end.

I sure you will receive more advice. Paul

27-May-16
Cabelas has a new one coming out that I field tested, and it's great. Has sturdy soft rubber end caps that hold the bow securely without a under-straps that you have to unbuckle to remove it. So it pops right off. Neoprene, light weight, well made with adjustable straps. Best sling I've ever used. Its an upgrade to the one Paul has.

27-May-16
Whatever you decide on...make sure your strings, cables and peep are covered and protected IF you are going to do any brush busting.

Mark

27-May-16

muley505's Link
I've used this sling for a couple of years, and I really like it. It is comfortable when carrying the bow long distances, and the bigger thing I like about it is that the bow can be shot with the sling in place. I don't have to hassle getting a cover off of the cams and cables, I just loop it over the quiver, and it's out of the way and ready to shoot.

A lot of times you have time to remove the sling, but occasionally you don't, and I like having the option of shooting with it in place.

It provides no protection for the cams or strings though, so that may be a drawback for some, but I personally am OK with that trade-off for the sake of speed in readying it for use.

27-May-16
I like the sounds of that one Lou, any idea when it will be available?

I've never used a sling since the day I had 4 giant mule deer bucks about run me over, then stop 25 yards away and whistle circus music at me while I tried to get my Primos sling off and nock an arrow. It didn't end well for me I've been too traumatized to use one since but this one sounds like an easy off situation.

27-May-16
I have owned a number of different slings. So far the one Paul has has been my favorite. I am curious about the one Lou mentioned as well.

27-May-16
I also use the one Paul has on my Halon. Worked great for spring turkey.

27-May-16
The one I am showing, is made up of stretch neoprene and is easy to take off just by pulling the end loup straps. No buckles to undo to remove.

I have found out that by pulling off the top, using the loup, it comes off easier and faster.

Maybe they did some minor adjustments and made this one better. Paul

27-May-16
Paul, that's basically what they did. I'll show you mine next week. Should be in the fall catalog.

28-May-16
I've used the one from sloganoutdoors.com

Relatively quick to remove, and easy to use. YMMV.

28-May-16
Very informative replies and certainly appreciated. I am going to order the Cabelas sling. Thanks again

• Sitka Gear