LONEBULL 27-May-16
ilandhunter 27-May-16
Kevin 27-May-16
ElkNut1 27-May-16
WapitiBob 27-May-16
TD 27-May-16
Grubby 01-Jun-16
27-May-16
I am looking to replace my 550 Nikon rangefinder, I want something that can compensate for angle which is my main reason for switching. I don't want to spend a fortune.....but I'm easy to convince. ?? What are some models I should consider?

27-May-16
Anyone have any experience with the vortex?

27-May-16
Leica 1000R

Leopold 1000i

27-May-16
Just got the new Vortex 1500. Love it! It's fast and easy to use.

27-May-16
I wouldn't rule out the Halo if I was you. I'm sure it doesn't compare to the Leica's or Leupolds, but I'm sure it's a whole lot easier on the bank account

27-May-16

DoubleGunDennis's Link
I just purchased the Bushnell The Truth Rangefinder last season and has worked extremely well for me. It has the ARC compensation and is budget friendly at around $150-160 range.

27-May-16
Luepy RX-1000 TBR...very accurate, very small and love that is screams "BOW" mode on the screen to verify that it is taking the angle into account.

I bought mine on sale at Cabelas...I think $299.

Mark

27-May-16
Do any of them, even the high end ones really work on dark objects?? Haven't found one that will yet...very frustrating!

27-May-16
Vortex is one of the few companies that have a FULL unconditional lifetime warranty. Most have 6 month to 1 yr. And most don't cover the electronics in the rangefinder just the glass.

Lightweight, fast, red readout, compensates for angles. Ranges from 11 to 1000 yds on the Ranger 1000 The Ranger 1500 ranges from 11 to 1500 yds.

You can't go wrong with Vortex!!!

27-May-16
Cabela's has the Nikon Arrow on sale right now for $199 I think. Seems like a good deal Angle compensating. Anyone have this one?

27-May-16
Vortex is slow, had the ranger, it sucked, liked the belt clip but that's it, probably cost me an elk and almost a moose last season, sold it and got the Leopold 1200, it's night and day better!!

27-May-16
I had a Leuopold RX 600, four or five years old, quit working. I never really liked that rangefinder and actually bought a low end Nikon because it was on sale. I finally got around to sending the Leupold in to see what the company might offer. I was hoping they would offer a discount on a new model. I got an email confirming they had received my rangefinder and to allow 4-6 weeks for any further correspondence. About one month later a package shows up at my home...a brand new Leupold 1200i TBR rangefinder! It is a very nice rangefinder, much better than the model I had. Very fast, accurate, easy to use , and will range deer at 500 yards plus!

27-May-16
The last experience I had with a leupold was much like Greg Simon said.... It sucked, good to hear they have improved. The vortex ranger and leupold tbi are in my list

27-May-16
Vortex is great. I don't find it slow. He warranty is excellent. I have both the vortex and a Nikon. I prefer the vortex.

27-May-16
I had two Leuopolds, neither was accurate within a yard at bow ranges. One of them was two yards off. Had a Bushnell, no problems except it wouldn't range through shoot-through netting. Nikon now, and no complaints.

27-May-16
The Leica is about as good as it gets. Very accurate laser. Great optics! Pricier than the others but will last a long time.

27-May-16
Leupold RX1000 TBR is one heck of a nice rangefinder. Been using mine for years and have exactly 0 complaints. Fast, readout is visible, good optics, accurate, and very compact unit. I don't even know if I've used a battery yet. I can't find anything more that I'd want in a unit.

27-May-16
I bought a new Nikon a couple of months ago and love it.

27-May-16
Leuopold replaced my 6 year old RX11 with a brand new model . worked great , I can't ask for better than that

27-May-16
I had the same question a year ago when I was upgrading from my original leica ( which was great but way too big).

I had the vortex and the Leopold on my short list and after trying out both it was an easy choice. I bought the Leopold rx1200itbr.

I wanted to like the vortex. Liked the clip . Liked that they are a WI company. But the software vortex uses is not up to par. It is super slow and lags. They may look like the same product but one is a high performance and the other is a Ford fiesta.

27-May-16
The new 1500 is far from slow, it has two clicks & you're on target instantly, it's lightning fast, no way anything out there is quicker. It has an instant scan mode too if critter is moving, just hold the button down & follow its movement it gives a new reading instantly & continues to do so until animal is out of view. It also works fast at dark. We use three of them & I agree they are heads & tails above the 1000. The 1500 is a whole new animal guys!

ElkNut1

27-May-16
Leupold is the choice of archery champions the world over.

27-May-16
Leupold RX1000 TBR (or 1200) x2

Good optics, love the red led at low light. Very accurate. Fast. I've had it work in light fog where a buddies Nikon was useless.

Can probably get some good deals on the 1000 as I believe they are upgrading it with the 1200.

01-Jun-16
Well I went with the leupold 1000, couldn't pass up the deal and I really like the displAy and the size. I haven't used it much yet but so far I love it. Thanks for the input guys!

• Sitka Gear