flyingbrass 29-May-16
nutritionist 30-May-16
beanman 30-May-16
beanman 30-May-16
Michael Schwister 31-May-16
CWeeks 31-May-16
nutritionist 31-May-16
27-May-16
I sprayed gly on Mon. and drilled soybean /lab lab mix today.

will this work?I usually wait 7 to 10 days but weather and work interrupted my plan.

28-May-16
Glyphosate is a contact herbicide so if you got on the weeds you'll be ok. Even if it rains in about an hour you should get a kill.

29-May-16
Lots of farmers do it that way. If it fails that will not be the cause

29-May-16
Pat, I would like to buy a JD71 corn planter single row if you know of one for sale.

30-May-16
did you remember to inoculate the soybeans? For those who either forgot or didn't, your solution is to put down 40 units of nitrogen.

30-May-16

beanman's DeerBuilder embedded Photo
beanman's DeerBuilder embedded Photo

30-May-16
Pat,this is what I use when I say drill.I have planted with a two row old Massey corn planter using sweet corn plates and had good luck.This was my first time no till beans.I drilled the four galore bean mix from Grandprays which come inoculated.

31-May-16
Would be interested in seeing how this turns out. How the 4 different seed sizes meter through the GP Drill system. Keep us updated with photos!

31-May-16
I used a drill for the first time last Wednesday, seed goes a lot farther than broadcasting, needing a rain here in Alabama before they will grow. I sprayed about two weeks before planting and once again after I got in the ground same day. I used the NWTF beans at $7/bag, think I'll do a test run on a strip after they come up and see if they can handle spraying, not advertised as roundup ready, but I've heard they are??

31-May-16
You can use clethodim on soybeans for grasses You can use thunder/pursuit on soybeans if your not sure if they are roundup ready You can use pursuit or extreme with roundup ready soybeans to give better residual weed control.

• Sitka Gear