XbowfromNY 10-Jun-16
tonyo6302 10-Jun-16
cjgregory 10-Jun-16
cjgregory 10-Jun-16
BowSniper 17-Jun-16
Gerald Martin 19-Jun-16
09-Jun-16

tonyo6302's Link
Alleged Sasquatch Sighting in Laurel, Md.

Sasquatch or bear? The truth is out there.

No need to check your browser, you aren't, in fact, reading Weekly World News. Earlier today, Washington City Paper got a hot tip about an apparent sasquatch sighting in the Patuxent Research Refuge in Laurel, Md.

The tipster, Jeremy—who asked us not to publish his last name—tells City Desk that yesterday morning, as he was driving on Brock Bridge Road near Suburban Airport, he spotted what he thinks is a sasquatch.

"I saw what I thought was a bear and so I pulled over to take some pictures," he says. But when Jeremy got a closer look, he noticed the animal, which he estimates was about six or seven feet tall, was walking on two legs. "Bears usually walk on all four feet. I know they can walk on two, but he was wading through water in two feet, which I thought was strange," he says. For nearly ten minutes Jeremy watched and snapped pictures of the beast. At no point did it walk on four legs, which he thought was strange and led him to believe he was witnessing the mythical beast.

Though it has never been proven that a sasquatch—sometimes known as "Bigfoot" or "Yeti"—does or ever has existed, sightings of the majestic hairy creature date back to the mid-1800s, and there's been more than 3,000 total alleged sightings. According to the Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization, there have been a total of 35 alleged sightings in Maryland since 1970. Two of them have been—get this—in the Patuxent Research Refuge.

The refuge, which the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service operates, was established in 1936 by President Franklin Roosevelt and is "the nation's only national wildlife refuge established to support wildlife research." Which means the easy explanation for all of this is that it's simply a big bear that likes walking on two legs instead of four. In fact, Jeremy's girlfriend, who was with him during the sighting, suggested as much.

"I've driven by there hundreds of times and have never seen anything like it," Jeremy says. "I doubt I'll ever see something like this again."

We've reached out to both the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and the Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization for comment and we'll update when we hear back.

09-Jun-16

tonyo6302's embedded Photo
The Laurel Bigfoot.

09-Jun-16

09-Jun-16
sometimes people use medical ganja for recreational purpose. id suspect somewhere along the lines jeremy is guilty of doing so...or he thinks were all half baked. fun stuff though. the kind of stories i like to tell my kids at night at the hunting shack.

09-Jun-16
That seems to be a pic from earlier. Like mid spring. not second week of June. God Bless

10-Jun-16
You are right WV,in Laurel,MD,that would be more like April.

10-Jun-16
I can't wait to go for a walk in the park with my new ghillie suit!

10-Jun-16
there is no way that is a bigfoot. you can tell it is an alien from Pluto. coloration and the fact it is left handed makes is an obvious identification

10-Jun-16
Looks a lot like a dude in a monkey suit!

10-Jun-16
It doesn't matter. I probably couldn't get drawn for those either....

10-Jun-16
shoot first - ask questions later?

If you shoot and it yells "don't shoot" - it ain't no bigfoot

10-Jun-16
whatever it is it looks like it is confused about which restroom to use.

10-Jun-16
He took pictures for 10 minutes and those are the best he could get?! Yeah, right . . .

10-Jun-16
That looks like Obama's bro

10-Jun-16
Taking pictures of your friend in a Halloween costume makes the news?

10-Jun-16
I am guessing that Bowsniper and/or Shuteye were Turkey Hunting in a Ghillie Suit, shot one, clean pass through, and was caught by the camera man looking for the arrow.

10-Jun-16
Where would one buy a costume like that?

10-Jun-16

cjgregory's embedded Photo
cjgregory's embedded Photo
Oh here's one. 1495.00 They have it in a black bear too. So maybe its a bear suit.

17-Jun-16
He should have let me know he was stopping by... I would have made cookies :-)

19-Jun-16
He was just looking for his pack of Jack Links that he dropped.

• Sitka Gear