Scar Finga 12-Jun-16
ahunter55 12-Jun-16
Scar Finga 13-Jun-16
boothill 13-Jun-16
INbowdude 13-Jun-16
boothill 13-Jun-16
Scar Finga 13-Jun-16
11-Jun-16
So I am considering a trip to Dos Plumas next year, Hogs and deer for me and my wife. We will probably go for 4-5 days. Has anyone been here lately? I have read the reviews on the outfitter page, but not much posted in the last 2 years or so. I am a working man and don't want to waste my time nor money on a crappy place. I am not a "trophy hunter" I am a meat hunter. is this a good place? Its fairly inexpensive, and not too far from Mesa AZ.

Your comments are greatly appreciated!

Scar.

11-Jun-16
go to Texasbowhuinter.com & click on rate the day lease. You will find the information your looking for.

11-Jun-16
ahunter55,

I have tried several times to access that site and it seems to be down or no longer exist... any other suggestions?

Thank you,

Scar.

11-Jun-16
One of my coworkers goes every year and speaks very highly of the place.

11-Jun-16
Thanks Fubar!

11-Jun-16
Scar Finga, I just got off Texas Bowhunter. http://texasbowhunter.com/

11-Jun-16
Thank you Phil/VA, I am not sure why it wouldn't open before, but I have it now.

Scar.

12-Jun-16
Anyone else?

12-Jun-16
I go every year for the past 7-8. I enjoy the pig hunting, never hunted it for deer. usually lots of pigs but at the same time, there are no guarantees.

12-Jun-16
Thanks Chief! In life, there are no guarantees:)

Scar.

12-Jun-16

ahunter55's embedded Photo
ahunter55's embedded Photo
Hogs are addicting.

13-Jun-16
Great Picture aNunter55! Is that at Dos Plumas?

I've killed three in Northern Ca. 1@ 125, 1 230ish and a toad that weighed 350lbs with 3.5 inch tusks. That was many years ago, and I love pig hunting it's a blast, those were all spot and stock. I have never been to a feeder type ranch. Still looks like fun:)

Scar.

13-Jun-16
Nope that isn't Dos Plumas Scar, that is a picture I took at stand 1A at Shiloh Ranch a few years ago on our annual winter hunt. Not sure how Ahunter55 got it in there. John you stealing pictures off the internet or what? LOL

13-Jun-16
Yep, looks like 1A from the ladder at Shiloh Ranch. It also looks like one of those hogs is in serious, serious trouble. The brown one just left of the front feeder leg looked big enough.

13-Jun-16
It was actually the small brown meat hog on the left that didn't make it that night. Was just looking for a bit more sausage for the freezer.

13-Jun-16
Very nice guys! I was looking at Shiloh, seems like a great place for hogs! Maybe both will be in my future. I love wild boar meat... It may very well be the best wild game meat. OK, Elk is best but a close second in my opinion.

• Sitka Gear