Helgermite 20-Jun-16
bowcrazyJRHCO 20-Jun-16
Dyjack 21-Jun-16
Helgermite 21-Jun-16
Dyjack 21-Jun-16
Helgermite 28-Jun-16
Dyjack 28-Jun-16
20-Jun-16
I couldn't stomach the price on some of the $1K± bows. Yesterday I had an opportunity to shoot a new PSE Brute Force. It was a "ready to shoot" setup with a WB rest. I was really impressed with how smooth it shot and the complete lack of recoil that I was used to on my 20+ year old wheel bow.

Does anyone have any experience good or bad with this bow?

20-Jun-16
I have two relatives with this bow, and they both enjoy it. In that price range, it appears to be a terrific bow.

21-Jun-16
They're nice bows. I have the next level from previous years "Drive LT" and it's an awesome one! I'd switch the whisker for a drop away asap! Also check out the new Drive R its just a little bit more, but the better bow for sure. Next year I think I'm going to buy a drive R on sale

21-Jun-16
Their website lists the Drive R and the Brute Force at the same price. What makes the Drive R a better bow?

21-Jun-16
You can't go wrong with either one for the price. They'll kill things equally well! I believe the let off on the brute is 80% and the drive r is 75%.

28-Jun-16
By the specs the Brute has a longer brace height and is a few fps slower than the Drive R. I was mostly asking if anyone has had any problems with either of these bows. I like things pretty low maintenance. Some of the small stuff I can handle myself, but if cables wear out sooner than normal or if the bow goes out of adjustment quickly and easily, I might reconsider.

28-Jun-16
I haven't used the new line, but I've had my drive lt for a little over two years and haven't had a problem. My string is just starting to get frayed badly, but it's just from poor care on my part. Cables are still in great condition. Id recommend pse for sure.

• Sitka Gear