IdyllwildArcher 23-Jun-16
'Ike' (Phone) 23-Jun-16
NvaGvUp 23-Jun-16
'Ike' (Phone) 23-Jun-16
drycreek 23-Jun-16
Buzzard 23-Jun-16
NvaGvUp 23-Jun-16
22-Jun-16
As you may have heard, a while back some idiot sued CA DFW because while he drew a coveted Desert BHS tag, he did not fill his tag. So he sued for $45,000 in small claims court. (Yes, the limit you can sue for in small claims court is far less than that, but there must be some exceptions.)

At any rate, the judge, who seemed incredulous at the trial, has told the plaintiff to go pound sand. Do not collect even a penny, you've lost all your points, and because it's a once-in-a-lifetime tag, you cannot apply again.

22-Jun-16
Good.

Can you imagine the precedent that would have set?

22-Jun-16
No kidding.

22-Jun-16
Did he submit an Outfitter Report? I wouldn't want to book that Oufitter when I draw:)

22-Jun-16
You know what they say - any Ahole can sue. Sorry to see a CA hunter acting like an idiot. I thought it was going to be about an area affected by fires and therefore closed down. There I feel sorry for the people that drew and couldn't hunt.

22-Jun-16
He seemingly did little if any pre-hunt scouting or research. Then he tried doing it himself for a while. Probably by driving the roads is my guess.

The last couple of days he hired someone, but I don't know who or if the guy had a clue. I doubt he did or the guy would have filled his tag.

22-Jun-16
Good to hear that a ram was not wasted on somebody like that.

No doubt in my mind he would have had no appreciation for experience or the animal.

22-Jun-16
These tags would run 100% success if it weren't for folks who aren't avid hunters applying for them or folks who hold out for 170+ inch rams and even then, a lot of folks who hold out for 170 inch rams in CA get them.

I have this discussion every year with my older brother who rifle hunts, but is really only an avid hunter for a week or so a year. When I walk him through the draw process, I have a short discussion with him about his option of putting in for sheep as it's only an extra $8.

It's the same story every year. He waffles and asks me about the hunt. I tell him about the effort involved and how big of a deal that sheep hunting is. Every year, he basically says, 'I'll leave that tag for someone who wants it more and just put in for deer and elk.'

I think that's the right decision for anyone who truly doesn't want it. And if you truly want it, you're going to tag the ram. If you don't really want it, it's a tough tag to fill.

Personally, I lose sleep at night thinking about which unit to put in for.

22-Jun-16
Bowkid, agree but also too bad a tag was wasted on a guy like that. IMHO any Cali sheep tag should go to someone who's willing to sacrifice their time, hard work, determination and use the skill they have to take the hunt serious.

22-Jun-16
He should have pulled out his rifle and got it done... Ed F

22-Jun-16
He WAS rifle hunting, probably expecting to shoot a ram while leaning over the hood of his truck.

23-Jun-16

IdyllwildArcher's embedded Photo
IdyllwildArcher's embedded Photo

23-Jun-16
Lol...I love it! Now to get my legal team together for 'not' drawing a tag! ;-)

23-Jun-16
Ike,

The jerk lives in Roseville.

Maybe you and your fellow LE hunting buddies could drop by and give him your 'condolences' on losing the case.

lol

23-Jun-16
Oh, no way...Just unbelievable!

23-Jun-16
I sure was hoping that case would go the other way. I was gonna sue for being to old and fat to even get up to where sheep call home ! :)

23-Jun-16
I think the judge should have awarded the DFW the monetary value of all the cost preparing and fighting a frivolous lawsuit, and maybe a bit more for tying up employees who have better things to do.

23-Jun-16
Buzzard,

AGREE!

What a waste of time for the valuable sheep folks at DFW who had to defer their important duties to defend this azzhat's BS lawsuit.

• Sitka Gear