wildwilderness 23-Jun-16
midwest 23-Jun-16
Brotsky 23-Jun-16
Little Bear 23-Jun-16
drycreek 23-Jun-16
Little Bear 23-Jun-16
jims 23-Jun-16
23-Jun-16
What do you think? I have never hunted antelope in September i will try to hunt water( i will be in Wyoming )) ?

23-Jun-16
If its dry you will be set. From my limited experience and more importantly what BB told me is if its dry they water. My buck I shot in 2013 broke ice off the waterhole with his hoof to drink.

23-Jun-16
I shot my first archery antelope over water the last week of the season in CO OTC which IIRC was on Sept 17th.

It rained on the opener and nothing came in for days. I made a number of trips and always ruined by rain. I started watching the Doppler radar maps to see if it rained where I hunted!

If its dry you will be set, and the rut will be kicking in so the bucks run a lot and need more water and are less spooky.

23-Jun-16

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
My success is limited but I've never hunted them early....always late September during the rut. Wouldn't really care to be there any other time. The weather is cooler and your options open up. Once you have one come to the decoy at 10 yards...

23-Jun-16
Amen Nick! That will get the blood flowing a lot faster than sitting in the blind all day. Best part about that time of the year is you can do both!

23-Jun-16
Will be hunting Wyoming Sept. 5 - 8. Are the temps cooling off by then or should we still expect hot temps?

23-Jun-16
It can still be in the nineties in September, or it can be 40* and drizzling with 30 mph winds. I've seen both, but I nearly always hunt the second or third week of September. As wildwilderness put it, bucks chase does, bucks get thirsty, bucks get in front of me, and bucks go home with me.

23-Jun-16
So basically be prepared for anything...

Can't wait to experience this trip.

23-Jun-16
There are a number of factors. If you hunt a unit with lots of water and don't give them time to acclimate to a blind they will likely head to other water sources. If you hunt an area with limited water sources and it rains the antelope can easily drink out of puddles. If you hunt an area with limited water and there is an extended period of hot and dry you will likely be set! There are lots of considerations that will lead to success or failure. It could rain in August and be dry in Sept? If you are flexible with dates and go when it's hot and dry it may not matter if you hunt August or Sept. If there are lots of water sources and you are picky with bucks you may be screwed no matter when you plan on hunting!

• Sitka Gear