bpctcb 28-Jun-16
WV Mountaineer 28-Jun-16
Bou'bound 29-Jun-16
Keith in colorado 29-Jun-16
Scar Finga 29-Jun-16
bpctcb 29-Jun-16
28-Jun-16

bpctcb's Link
I thought I would pass along another option to use as a bowhunters vest. I've wanted a good vest for awhile and looked at cabelas, primos & rutwear. I was about to buy a rutwear vest then I saw that it had buckles instead of a zippered front closure. It seems most vests are made with eastern whitetail hunters in mind, but I was wanting a synthetic vest with good pockets to wear while chasing elk in the mountains. I stumbled across a photographer's vest and then found the Humvee Combat vest. It's listed as 100% nylon, but the tag inside says polyester, either way it's 100% synthetic with some mesh on the front & rear. It has pockets galore (14?) for holding calls, gps, rangefinder, gloves, etc. It did have snap epaulets on the shoulders that I had to cut off since they would sit under my backpack straps. And I will probably cut off the pockets that have Velcro because Velcro can sure make unwanted noise. Anyways, if you are looking for a good vest then check out the Humvee Combat vest. If you want cotton then look at the Humvee safari or ranger vest. The vests come in green, black or khaki.

BP

28-Jun-16
Looks nice. Might be exactly what I'm looking for. God Bless

29-Jun-16
thanks for sharing

29-Jun-16
Could be loud being 100% nylon

29-Jun-16
Do you have it? Is it Noisy?

You would think that one of the upper end clothing companies.. i.e. Sitka or similar would make a really nice bow hunting vest. I have been on the quest for one for about 10-12 years, and cant find anything I like.

Scar.

29-Jun-16
I have one; it is not noisy.

BP

• Sitka Gear