MichaelArnette 30-Jun-16
Charlie Rehor 30-Jun-16
Ron Niziolek 30-Jun-16
Bou'bound 30-Jun-16
Brun 30-Jun-16
30-Jun-16
Bowhunter or Bowhunting?

30-Jun-16
The editors of the major magazines are getting the message that bowhunters are focused on DIY more and more. They were all DIY hunters too, learning to bowhunt on their own as they grew up, just like the rest of us.

I don't hold it against them that they are invited to hunt on some private spots, though. They're still great hunters in their own right, and I'll bet not one of us would turn down the opportunities they are offered.

Bowhunting World had their "Public Land" special issue last month.

30-Jun-16
Both Bowhunter and BH World had great issues. Lou has articles in both! Great job!

Matt

30-Jun-16
I kept myself from instantly throwing BW in the trash because I saw Lou's lion article was in it. It seemed to me he might be honing his creative writing. :^)

30-Jun-16
Franzen, the lion encounter was a life-changing experience. Hopefully my essay captured the essence of the moment. I never carried bear spray before, but I now carry it for lions and moose...

30-Jun-16
Reading for the second time it's full of knowledge and well written!

30-Jun-16
Yes! I may just have to get a subscription

30-Jun-16
Curt does a great job! BowHunter is very lucky indeed to have him! C

30-Jun-16
Agreed. Curt does a great job.

30-Jun-16
Curt and Joe get it

30-Jun-16
Jaquomo is right about those guys, they are great hunters and very dedicated. I guide on a ranch where they have shot shows the last few years and they are good guys and extremely knowledgeable. They still hunt DIY as well as private land hunts. They have put themselves in a position to get to hunt many different places so more power to them. I have seen them help other hunters in camp with equipment issues and I have also learned a lot from them. They did a great show in Unit 201 a few years back. Danny Farris and his dad waited 18 years just like the rest of us and ended up killing two good bulls on a DIY hunt. They also have a show that's been airing lately of a goat hunt in Colorado last fall. Good hunting everyone. .

• Sitka Gear