Stickhead 03-Sep-16
Topper 03-Sep-16
r-man 03-Sep-16
Bou'bound 03-Sep-16
drycreek 03-Sep-16
t-roy 04-Sep-16
woodguy65 04-Sep-16
30-Jun-16
I have had some difficulty getting around ,and nearly impossible to get back to my favorite hunt spots, I spent a vast amount of time researching off road vehicles, I wanted small and quiet, no way to the quietkat to much $ , got steered to a scooter or electric skateboard , $ 500 or so , light weight 70lbs or less with off road tires. I still may get the skate board , but for now went with scooter, I just have to make up a deer cart to attach. these crazy things get 10-20miles on a charge. and they fit under the seat, who else has an electric vehicle like this ?

30-Jun-16
Don't even know what it looks like, but if it will fit under a seat, it won't go where I go. However, I do use a golf cart, as well as a Bad Boy Buggy, and I like them both for different terrain. The cart won't handle much mud, but the BBB is four wheel drive.

30-Jun-16
If you don't use it, you lose it. Even if you need help getting to your hunting spots, you need to keep walking daily outside of hunting or you're going to have trouble getting around period.

30-Jun-16

r-man's embedded Photo
r-man's embedded Photo
Yea, my knees are bolted together, my necks screwed together, and my back needs multiple surgeries to correct vertebra shifts, and nerve impingment . Any long walks just cause swelling and more pain, I am active, just cant take long walks . A golf cart is not for me, I like to conceal my transport vehicle . Some of the current off road Longboards have dual drive rear wheels, and they are between 4" and 10" tall, not just toys anymore. I still may get this board

30-Jun-16
All I need to do is fall off of a skateboard and fall on a BH and either receive a bad cut and miss a season. or worse yet. fall on a BH and accidentally kill myself. I don't want that kind of "self-inflicted' info in the obit and I don't want my widowed wife having to explain some dumbass act as to how I died at the funeral home.

If I can't use my two feet that God gave me or some sort of a four- legged animal or a vehicle with 4 wheels/tires- I don't need to be on it, nor do I need to own it !!

01-Jul-16
Electric bicycles go up to 20 mph and about 60 miles on a charge...cost just over $2K.....As much as I fall over on a motorcycle...I can just imagine a bicycle !! LOL, Joe

01-Jul-16
You'll break a hip riding that thing.

01-Jul-16
sorry about your limitations, but that thing in the picture ain't your solution..............unless you are hunting right off a paved driveway

good luck and keep at it!

01-Jul-16
Ike, get back to me on that " use it or lose it " when you get 70 and have bad knees, deteriorating vertebrae and your closest stand is two miles from the camphouse. :)

( I do walk the last 200/300 yards though )

01-Jul-16
Don, I'm not trying to patronize people here, I'm trying to help. I get that people have real limitations. I take care of people for a living and deal with people's medical problems on a daily basis.

I'm just trying to encourage people not to give up their legs. When people give up their legs, they become deconditioned in a short period of time and it hyperaccelerates the complete loss of the ability to stand and walk.

Look at my post. I didn't say "don't use a mechanized vehicle to continue to do what you love." I basically said that if you're going to go that route, you need to keep walking on a regular basis (when not hunting) to keep conditioned.

01-Jul-16
IdyllwildArcher X 2

01-Jul-16
IdyllwildArcher X 2

01-Jul-16
Ike, it was in jest. I knew what you meant, but I've spent half of my life either running a dozer, trackhoe, or motor grader, and the rest of it riding between jobs showing others what to do. One day I woke up old and worn out. I can tell you this, after you put in 10/12 hours on a machine then drive an hour to get home, you don't much feel like going on a walk. I did, for a number of years, get on a treadmill for about 30 minutes early in the morning, and that was a good thing. Now, I'm retired and I still get around pretty good, but the body ain't what it used to be.

01-Jul-16

02-Jul-16
r-man, I'm not quite in as much need as you, yet. But at age 71 and now mostly recovered from a stroke six years ago, I still have trouble with longer hikes in to a stand.

I agree with the above advice on keeping your legs doing as much as you can as long as you can, but I feel the limits of that approach, too.

What looks like the most practical solution that I have seen so far, especially if you're something of a do-it-yourselfer, is an electrically assisted tricycle like the heavy-duty ones we rode inside the large factories I worked in. Those things were pretty much impossible to destroy, and were capable of carrying a decent load in the basket behind the driver, and look like they's be "naturals" for a DIY electric conversion, and maybe some fatter knobbies to handle wet trails. Not gonna be much for really rough country riding, but should be just the ticket for going from where you can legally trailer one to, the rest of the way back a log road or horse trail of just any reasonably unobstructed ridgetop to somewhere near enough to your stand locations.

I haven't pulled the trigger yet on starting such a project, got way too many things already in line on my to-do list. But considering it and doing some preliminary daydreaming, it looks like a good possibility for a safe and practical device that would meet the needs of those of us somewhere between the agile beings we once were and the wheelchair-bound.

IMO, the pictured off-road skateboard would have about as much chance of being successful or practical as a Trump promise, and would likely result in some major injuries if I tried to use it especially in the pre-dawn darkness. But an e-trike, limited to under 5 mph,...yeah, I think that would work.

02-Jul-16
If walking hurts you.... riding that thing or anything like it will kill you..... It would take a good deal of physicality to ride that board. More so than walking I would think.

Do they make an off road Segway? That may be a bit more doable. At least you have a handle.

I know they make a 4WD electric wheelchair/scooter. If it gets to that point for me I'd be thinking about how far we could fly off a cliff....

03-Jul-16
r-man

Get a legit driving electric cart, that boards not going to work for hunting. Although it does look fun :)

03-Jul-16
scooters is fine, except for the fact you need both hands to steer , we put a basket in back and a rod holder in front , it only has space for bow attached to front fork. I might fit a big enough rack on back for the Summit , or use my deer cart for it. As for your concerns about ( use it or loose it ) funny. I am 6' 2" 188 lbs , unless u have a bad back and knees that swell when u walk far u have no idea what I am saying . These are my last yrs walking , Just trying to extend my range some . The long electric board will be here in a few days , If it don't work out for me no problem , I have 4 children . They are having a ball on the scooters already. where I go we have gates and improved roads. This is not for me take through the forest deer trails folks , just relax , I know I will , I will be rolling to my hunting spots free of sweat .

03-Jul-16
r-man, hope it works out for you. Old age ain't for sissies they tell me.

I got on my dozer at 7:00 yesterday morning and worked until 2:30, showered and drove an hour to my other place, where I bush hogged until 8:00 pm. Got back on it this morning and finished up about 11:30 and drove home.

My knees hurt !

03-Jul-16
This group is supposedly going to be making an off road version of this soon:

http://www.golfboard.com/#intro

03-Jul-16
redundant

03-Jul-16

03-Jul-16
I often wonder whats wrong with some of u who attempt to insult people who just like to share Ideas, your negative input is not needed. Hope u have a wonderfull day.

04-Jul-16

r-man's embedded Photo
r-man's embedded Photo
bingo found the perfect one,

04-Jul-16

BULELK1's Link
No complaints about this one and not as Pricey $$$ as the other one mentioned.

Good luck, Robb

04-Jul-16
Weird, I read the whole thread twice and couldn't find any insults.

Wish I had more to add as far as quite machines for you, but I don't know the market. I guess a question is "Why quiet?" Is it to get to the stand undetected? Just drive something diesel. Animals seems to not care about diesels lol

04-Jul-16

Zebrakiller's embedded Photo
Zebrakiller's embedded Photo
these chairs are insane

04-Jul-16
Bulelk1 - which model do you have?

04-Jul-16
I get the motivational posts. Good medicine and gestures for everyone. I understand rmans response to them as well. This isn't a mind over matter topic. This is a fight to retain some form of what used to be his normal life. Which has been far from normal. Just know that Quit isn't in him or he would have died a good while back. He is one tough hombre.

Randy, I do agree with TD. Definite no-no on the skate board. Good luck on your quest. You continue to be in my prayers.

God Bless everyone.

06-Jul-16

bowriter's embedded Photo
This mower has no blade or mowing deck. It runs fine and does a pretty good job in the woods. I bet you can find an old near you for bupkees. I use it in the woodline in the background and other areas. It will drag any deer I kill and is great to transport equipment.

06-Jul-16

Here is another picture.

06-Jul-16
I'm thinking why not a bicycle and a pull cart. Seams if you could get into a stand you could ride a bike. I'm only 32 with the football injured knees of a 50 year old so I'm still doing good and I'm sure I don't grasp your issues.

07-Jul-16

BULELK1's Link
A bike is definitely easier to haul to your area of use LINK---

Here is one that is only 61 lbs with a 1000 watts----

Good luck, Robb

08-Jul-16
Did look for three wheel electric bikes , did not find any suitable, might be easier to buy scooter and transfer motor and batteries, find a new spocket to attach and merge with bike. I cant peddle at all though. Left knee and muscles are not worth a dime. All premade trikes are wayyyy over priced. Tractor Supply used to have a low riding tricycle , I think they discontinued it.It should be hard to make something . I wish I didn't sell the welder. A lithium 36v battery pack cost 4-600$ depends on am hr rating , thats with matching charger . I use existing controller and switches from scooter, Needs to have a fat front tire and rim , back tires have a lot of options as I would have to make the rear axle anyway . Another option is mounting a third wheel to scoter and creating a mini side car for my gear and a small trailer for deer. But I think that's pushing the limits of the 36v system, maybe better with two 800 watt motors and two small deep cycle batteriers. It just keeps getting bigger each way I think of it. I want as small as possible. But I sure aint sitting home and watching hunting shows all season . Even if I use a electric skate board for deer cart it aint a total waste. Not fun having physical limits. My mind urns to hunt and I'll find a way . Last yr I stayed most times in sight of car . or real close .

09-Jul-16
At least you still have your strong will to be out in the woods---good for you.

Good luck, Robb

14-Jul-16
I got it, moto tech 1600

14-Jul-16

r-man's embedded Photo
r-man's embedded Photo
not a toy, 40"+ long, 70Lbs this my 20Lb cat and my size 12 crocs

14-Jul-16

r-man's embedded Photo
r-man's embedded Photo
I got it through Kmart.com as Sears didn't offer a 2yr extended warranty . For $580 it beats other large electric options out there. have fun . Randy

14-Jul-16
R-MAN you wrote (Yea, my knees are bolted together, my necks screwed together, and my back needs multiple surgeries to correct vertebra shifts, and nerve impingment)

I have no idea how you are going to ride that thing with a bad back???

14-Jul-16
Keep us updated on "real world" use. Don't break your neck. Skateboard injuries are common, not to mention using one off road. Interesting.

14-Jul-16

14-Jul-16
No need to due tricks man , it goes slow just fine , . my and I road around the yard , worth every penny. It did hurt some after time , especially the knees. I can actually sit on it as well, I weigh 188Lbs, and my sons 78Lbs we sat together and it took off. weight limit 250Lbs . I kept it under 5mph and it is very effortless to ride . I think for a short ride , under 2 mils it should be fine . No way I would ever do the 20 mph that it is capable of . You younger guys would love this toy for sure , wish they had them when I was 12years old . Not for everyone for sure. If you read about a 50 yr old man getting killed on a electric skateboard while hunting it msy be me .

14-Jul-16
How about travel along waterways with a canoe or small boat? If you can't walk far paddle into a remote spot, high ground hang out for awhile and you would be surprised how many deer, turkeys and bear are on small river islands, creeks, etc.

Electric motor or paddle will keep the rig quiet, pad it on the sides and have carpet in the floor, etc.

P.S. If you do shoot something how were you planning on getting it out on that skate board??

15-Jul-16
That is kinda cool looking after all.

Be safe man----->

Good luck, Robb

15-Jul-16
this is not going to end well............................

15-Jul-16
Bou - I am thinking the same thing. Knees sore after riding in a yard??? What about logging roads?

Oh well perhaps if he elk hunts in Vamp, Canada he can cruise down the sidewalks easily

15-Jul-16
A trip around my yard is 1500 ft I went around till battery showed a drain as per instruction . I have a deer cart man , it has wheels . It can go miles with ease . I like it that's all that madders to me .

15-Jul-16
Good luck r-man, and be careful !

15-Jul-16
Please post a video. Please.

15-Jul-16
I think I road past my trail cam once or twice . I will check soon.

16-Jul-16
R-man...great thread. I am ordering either a scooter or one of these boards. It is a great solution for me leaving my vehicle on the road and riding in quietly. The September heat will be much more manageable. Plus I may end up with a good dirt covering by the time I get there! Seriously, great thread.

01-Sep-16

r-man's embedded Photo
r-man's embedded Photo
up date , electric deer cart and transport, made some changes, adapted it to either place deer on it, or trailer them. You have to try these. This cart was my regular deer cart just had to make a mount for it. I took it for a six mile ride with my son in tow, still had half of battery life remaining . I weigh 190 with huntgear, my son weighs 88lbs. I cant believe I didn't get one sooner.

01-Sep-16
video of you on the trail with the machine would e a great wrap up to this thread when you are done.

01-Sep-16

r-man's embedded Photo
r-man's embedded Photo
that's the start of the first bracket to use and hold a deer directly on the board .

01-Sep-16

r-man's embedded Photo
r-man's embedded Photo

01-Sep-16

r-man's embedded Photo
r-man's embedded Photo
fold away hitch

01-Sep-16

r-man's embedded Photo
r-man's embedded Photo
draw rope with handle for back up , if electrical failure

01-Sep-16

r-man's embedded Photo
r-man's embedded Photo

01-Sep-16

r-man's embedded Photo
r-man's embedded Photo
I could have stoped here, as a deer can be placed on it like that, yet a pull cart would be nice so I can ride too

01-Sep-16

r-man's embedded Photo
r-man's embedded Photo

01-Sep-16

r-man's embedded Photo
r-man's embedded Photo
Hope you enjoyed

01-Sep-16
Mind BLOWN!!

I agree with Bou......we need some videos!

01-Sep-16
Would be in the next "Jackazz" movie if I had to ride it......

01-Sep-16
I think a boat seat and ped would be in order.

01-Sep-16
Have you looked at any of the new electric assist bikes? They have come so far it is ridiculous.

01-Sep-16
Hilltopper bike 500 dollars.

01-Sep-16
did you consider a camo cup holder to round out the unit?

01-Sep-16
Best thread of year so far! Another vote for video - please!

If you get a deer this year for heaven sake do whatever needs to be done showing you heading out of woods pulling a deer with that thing!

01-Sep-16
It would be doable with a handle to grab onto, but like others have said. If your up in age and have physical limits, that skate board is going to kill you!

I've got a ranger EV. Love it

01-Sep-16
if you do a video may I suggest you edit it to the music from Hawaii 5-O

01-Sep-16

Bou'bound's Link
here is the music..........surfing time!

01-Sep-16
If you would have told me I would have and electric skate board with a deer cart attachted two yrs ago I would say u where drinking too much. If I do KIll one I will find some way to video . do u see the scooter , its just to the right in one of the pics ? That's dangerous more so then the board. 3 out of 4 0f my children crashed them ,I nearly did too, but the board is more stable then u think. and faster then the scooter if u dare.

01-Sep-16
I am speechless.......

02-Sep-16
If you would have told me you would have an electric skate board with a deer cart attachted two yrs ago I would say u were drinking too much.

02-Sep-16
Excellent... I can't believe your not from Alabama!!!

02-Sep-16
Hope it works!

03-Sep-16
+1 Bou !!!

That turned out pretty dang cool

Thank for sharing

Good luck, Robb

03-Sep-16
I like the idea of a boat seat.

03-Sep-16
I like it. Necessity is the mother of all inventions!!

03-Sep-16
Mine is a 1600watt dual rear wheel drive, there are 3200watt boards, I cant justify the cost of that model. A boat seat would work, just have to lean to turn, yet even with out the cart and just as a cool silent transport its perfect. One ride to a long away tree stand site 3/4 of a mile back on a 85deg afternoon and you will soon see the purpose.

03-Sep-16
are the foot holders (crocs) permanently mounted to the board?

where is the video of this contraption in action off-road.

03-Sep-16
r-man, I can see where you're coming from with the heat. I hog hunted yesterday afternoon and sweated like a mule. This morning wasn't so bad, but this afternoon will be brutal again. Hope it works for you !

04-Sep-16
Would trekking poles help with keeping your balance or would they be more of a hinderance? Or are your hands gonna be full of hunting gear?

BTW, can't wait for the video!

04-Sep-16
You should consider boat seat as an option as stated above. Add a piece of wood as a cross member on the front, like a 1" x 4", so it makes a "T". When your sitting in your seat and you want to go left just put a little more weight/lean on the left foot, may need some tweekin.

BTW about this time of year Beer Manufactures start camouflaging their 12-pak boxes and beer cans. If you don't get a deer..that may look neat pulling behind you, just sayin'.

• Sitka Gear