INbowdude 18-Jul-16
Frenchman 18-Jul-16
Forest bows 18-Jul-16
Greenie 18-Jul-16
Charlie Rehor 18-Jul-16
Forest bows 18-Jul-16
rooster 19-Jul-16
04-Jul-16
I'm headed to France at the end of the month and would like to hear all you guys know about it!

04-Jul-16
hey I'm living in France and I'm hunting the roe deer right now. You'll come during the rut, best way to hunt them will be with a doe call and then the buck might come to you.

Where are you going to hunt ?

04-Jul-16
Yes, you will be hunting the peak of the rut, expect close shots. You will probably be hunting on the ground. My advice is to draw your bow immediately as you hear the buck coming at you as he will be come running and will disappear immediately as he figures out there is no doe there. That is speciaily true if you will be hunting in the dense forests. If hunting open country a doe decoy + call can work wonders - the buck will come running to the decoy and you have a chance to intercept him in proximity of the decoy. They are small and fast targets, good luck!

04-Jul-16

Kurare's embedded Photo
Kurare's embedded Photo
Here are 3 bucks from last year, two I called for others, third I harvested myself (sorry, all rifle kills)

04-Jul-16

Kurare's embedded Photo
Kurare's embedded Photo

04-Jul-16

Kurare's embedded Photo
Kurare's embedded Photo

04-Jul-16
I hunted roe deer in Germany. They are small targets but they taste good.

04-Jul-16
I will be in the Normandy area.

04-Jul-16
Yes I've hunted them in the past, their super predictable in their habits much like a red fox in that if you see a animal,one time chances are good for seeing it there under similar conditions/time all this goes out the window during the rut. Be prepared for a lot of ground shrinkage they are tiny ,as the above posts have stated they come to a call well I've found especially well during humid or thundery conditions I don't know why .good luck with your hunt

07-Jul-16
you are not allowed to use decoy in France, be carreful

07-Jul-16
I was lucky enough to be able to hunt Roe deer on 2 or 3 occasions while working in Germany. The gentleman that owned the pattern shop I was visiting was a hunter and owned his own ground. I took a nice buck on one of the trips.

07-Jul-16
Janez, What country were you in for those bucks? Was that Hungary? I would like to plan on a hunt for the roe sometime in the next couple of years.

Nice bucks.

07-Jul-16

Kurare's embedded Photo
Kurare's embedded Photo
Mike, the first two bucks are from Slovenia where I live (the second buck is a good buck). The third is last years buck from Hungary when we arrived too late in the season (after 15.th august) and i had no real chance with a bow so I managed to get one with a rifle. i was the only "successful" hunter of 4 hunters. this buck has abnormal horns and is considered a very special trophy. One horn was like that of a chamois. You could hunt one in my country as my guest (sorry , rifle only), for bow I would suggest Hungary, as I have no experience with France or Spain.

My hungarian buck came with a built in hanger :-)

07-Jul-16
Kurare, so is bow hunting not allowed in Slovenia? I am planning on getting over there in the next year or two and would love to try to squeeze a hunt in. Thx

07-Jul-16
William, no, bowhunting is not allowed in Slovenia, but plenty of rifle hunting options almost year round... Neighbouring Hungary has legal bowhunting. Keep in touch and let me know when you decide to come here.

07-Jul-16
I been thinking of shooting a buck in all the countrys that allow archery hunting. About 10 I think.

07-Jul-16
Thanks Janez. Very nice buck.

08-Jul-16
Forest bows, a cool endeavour that is!

08-Jul-16
I told my wife we would travel after my son went to collage! The hunting part is my idea! ;)

18-Jul-16
I hunted them in England and they are a great deer to hunt. I hunted them by stalking on foot and it was hard as the forests they live in were very loud with oak leaves over the forest floor. We would setup in small gullies and call them with a doe call then sit and wait. We found that the does would come in first and then the bucks would come in shortly after. I was on a family holiday so booked in with a guide to hunt 2 hours in the morning and one hour in the evening so I could spend the day with the family sightseeing and this worked out well and I took a buck on my 3rd morning. Hope you have a great hunt.

John

18-Jul-16

Batesy's embedded Photo
Batesy's embedded Photo
Here is the pic of my Buck. England doesn't allow bowhunting either, shot him from around 20 mts though. John

18-Jul-16
That is so cool, good luck FB!

18-Jul-16

Greenie's embedded Photo
Greenie's embedded Photo
SO far roebucks are the only "big game" I've hunted with the bow and what a thrill these vary creatures provide; a most beautiful and challenging trophy - both for the wall and the table.

18-Jul-16

Greenie's embedded Photo
Greenie's embedded Photo
Another one. Both of these were hunted in Denmark.

18-Jul-16
Greenie, are their guided hunts in Denmark?

18-Jul-16
Headed to France early August - northern part - near Luxembourg - in part for a roe deer hunt as well!

18-Jul-16
Greenie both of those buck are great! Do you live in Denmark? Frenchman I will be hunting real close to Normandy.

18-Jul-16
I'll be happy to set up anyone interested on guided or semiguided hunts in Denmark. I used to live in Denmark (I'm Danish), but I presently live in West Africa. I travel to Denmark regularly and I enjoy quite a good network within the small bowhunting community in Denmark.

For the sake of good order, a foreign bowhunter must be able to produce a valid "certificate" of having passed a bowhunting class and test in order to apply for a Danish Bowhunting License, which is mandatory.

18-Jul-16
Have a great hunt Forest! C

18-Jul-16
I would love to hunt Denmark!

19-Jul-16

rooster's embedded Photo
rooster's embedded Photo
My Euro mount of the Roe deer I took in Germany. It hangs in my office at work

• Sitka Gear