loesshillsarcher 12-Jul-16
KTH 12-Jul-16
Medicinemann 12-Jul-16
rooster 12-Jul-16
Hessticles 12-Jul-16
Chief 419 12-Jul-16
Shiloh 12-Jul-16
11-Jul-16
My friend just found a road kill Armadillo east of Council Bluffs, Iowa. How far north have you guys seen them. I still, to this day, have never seen one. And I have been in some Armadillo country like Oklahoma and Texas. Just curious.

11-Jul-16
I think thats the extreme northern boundary but they have been creeping northward for a long time.

11-Jul-16
Seen a couple in Central Kansas starting in the late nineties, never saw them there as a kid in the late sixties and seventies.

11-Jul-16
Yes, Kansas is as far north as I've seen them.

11-Jul-16
Have them here in Missouri.

11-Jul-16
There was a confirmed sighting near Norfolk, NE, a few years ago.

11-Jul-16
A buddy found a road kill in NE Iowa. I saw one in central Missouri last summer.

Possum on the half shell!

11-Jul-16
Maybe it came off a semi carrying grain!! We get the odd racoon that jumps off a grain train from the west.

11-Jul-16
They usually start their massive migration in the spring. These Texas dillos probably should be there by now.

12-Jul-16
they moved in here 9 yrs ago, Sc dnr said shoot them critters they don't belong here. tuff little basxxxs , they sure jump high when hit though, and growl a little. we see them things all most every day now.

12-Jul-16
We are seeing them in North Western Kentucky.

12-Jul-16
Still nothing compares to the great dillo migrations of the 70's & 80's, but with global warming and habitat destruction the remaining population has to travel to new areas to find enough food to survive.

12-Jul-16
Kansas City area. And yes, they jump straight up when shot.

12-Jul-16
Illinois

12-Jul-16
Getting pretty thick here in central MO.

12-Jul-16
Norfolk is a bit north of me even. NE Iowa even more so. Wowza. Very interesting

12-Jul-16

KTH's embedded Photo
KTH's embedded Photo
They tend to party too much.

12-Jul-16
I seem to recall that they can be carriers of leprosy.

12-Jul-16
I saw them dead along the road from Memphis to Nashville last spring.

12-Jul-16
We shot one with a bow one night in Lincoln,NE at like 3am

12-Jul-16
Armadillos are carriers of leprosy. Just checked the CDC website. They're fun to shoot, but you might want to think twice about field dressing them and roasting on the campfire.

12-Jul-16
My children love to ride around and shoot them. My dad killed one with his landscaper in the truck with him once and the guy got the armadillo and took it back to his amigos where it was promptly gutted and placed on ice in their cooler. Our record here at the house is 9 in one night in the hay fields.

• Sitka Gear