WapitiBob 14-Jul-16
smarba 14-Jul-16
WapitiBob 14-Jul-16
Conus_Reaper 21-Jul-16
Bou'bound 22-Jul-16
Buffalo1 22-Jul-16
Bowfreak 27-Jul-16
12-Jul-16
Details on your set up and is it worth it?

13-Jul-16
Depends on what you consider "worth it". How far are you shooting and how many shots are you going to take? For no other reason, I'd put a shortie out back to offset the sight.

13-Jul-16
"Worth it" meaning does the additional expense and weight improve your shooting enough to leave it on for hunting?

13-Jul-16
Probably not for a hunting situation other than to offset the sight. A long bar with lots of weight out front and a 12" side bar with even more, once tuned, will be more forgiving and accurate but we're talking lots of shots. You're gunna shoot one arrow at that Bull at maybe 20 yards.

13-Jul-16
I use a 8" side/back bar. Balances my bow out wonderfully

13-Jul-16

JW's embedded Photo
JW's embedded Photo
I run a 12" bar up front with a 10oz weight and an 8" back bar with 8ozs on my Hoyt Pro Edge. I like a heavy bow, so I run extra weight. Really aids in slowing down pin float and also holds very still while pulling hard into the draw stops.

I find it really helps hold steady in windy conditions and generally makes my rig very forgiving. This is a screen shot of my rig.

14-Jul-16
I switched to one last year and have never shot better. Works great for stand hunting. Not sure how I am going to like lugging the weight around this SEP on my elk hunt.

14-Jul-16

WapitiBob's embedded Photo
WapitiBob's embedded Photo
The weight is a non issue. This front and back bar are a bit overkill when you shoot them at 10 yards.

14-Jul-16
Wapiti sounds like your front stabilizer is helpful in stopping the bull before he runs into you!

14-Jul-16
Carl, I shot my first nm bull at two steps. Luckily I had a shorter bar on the bow or he might have pushed it out of the way. Lots of good memories from NM.

21-Jul-16
I use an Apex Carbon Core offset stab. I love it. I tried all sorts of regular stabs, then considered investing in a side mount rig (around $160). Instead, I bought the Apex on ebay brand new for $25 and have never looked back.

22-Jul-16
that's a nice rig you're runnin' there JW

22-Jul-16
I recently set up a new stabilization system on my Elite Synergy bows and it has help to steady my balance which has greatly helped in tightening shot dispersement.

My set up is a 10" B-Stinger on front with 8 oz. weight and an 8"B-Stinger with 8 oz. weight on the side. Rear stabilizer is in the lowest hole on the bottom of riser and stabilizer is parallel to bottom limb. Talked with Elite about the set up and followed their suggestions and set up helped to increase my shooting performance.

Bow is definitely heavier but shoots better for me.

27-Jul-16

Bowtech Archer 0880's embedded Photo
Bowtech Archer 0880's embedded Photo
10" Front and 8" back.....really like the extra weight. Plan on trying in the stand this fall. Only 3D shoots so far.

27-Jul-16
I ran one on my last bow but have not used it on this bow. To be honest with you I shoot just as well without it but my pin moves more. It seems like you wouldn't hit as well with more pin movement but that is just not the case so long as you can tolerate it.

• Sitka Gear