DartonJager 27-Jul-16
JacobNisley 27-Jul-16
Velvet Muley 27-Jul-16
DartonJager 27-Jul-16
r-man 27-Jul-16
BULELK1 28-Jul-16
mgmicky 28-Jul-16
17-Jul-16
I am planning a spot and stalk hunt for mule deer in Arizona - and would like to get some extra quiet stalking boots. I have hunted in bare feet before (Australia), in padded socks (Africa), but Arizona is cactus country so boots are needed, but I want quiet at least - and better yet extra quiet!

Was just at Cabelas - but could not find anything with silent soles... advice needed!

17-Jul-16

Frenchman's embedded Photo
Frenchman's embedded Photo
What I have used in the past...

17-Jul-16
I use Converse high top sneakers. They work great and they are less than $30.00.

17-Jul-16
Just wear any boot and take them off once you get to 100 yards and walk in your socks or put on a pair of moccasins. Every boot is loud.

I have some North Face boots with really soft rubber on the bottom, but they're still too loud.

18-Jul-16
Try some wrestling shoes, super flexible and very soft soled.

Scar.

18-Jul-16
Keen Voyager's

18-Jul-16
Try some Five Fingers

18-Jul-16
I never take off my boots.

Both in Alaska and Arizona, I use Cabela's Mendle Ultralights. I always buy the uninsulated version. They have a very lightweight sole, but give you a tight fit with a 10 inch upper that fits snug around your ankle. I wear these for everything from bear to mountain goats.

27-Jul-16
Take off your boots? To each his own, but IMHO there is no single more important or valuable piece of equipment a hunter needs for success on any hunt than their feet. You can bring a back up ANYTHING but you cant pack extra feet. No offense meant, but you wont find me taking off my boots.

I have tried and enjoyed success buy wearing high quality WP light hikers and even high top tennis shoes and pulling on one or two pairs of super thick heavy weight wool socks over them.

Just a thought.

27-Jul-16

JacobNisley's embedded Photo
JacobNisley's embedded Photo
Has anybody used something like this? The brand is "Luna". They are a modern version of the sandals used by the long distance running Tarahumara Indians in Mexico. Guys run 50+ miles in these things so they have to fit well and be comfortable.

27-Jul-16
I take mine off.

27-Jul-16
I were a size 15 EW boot and tend to stub my boot toe area ALOT so open toed sandals aren't an option for me, heck I don't even wear them in my casual life.

But they could be a viable option for hunters with non sasquatch sized feet.

27-Jul-16
I like my Lacross and my Crocs

28-Jul-16
My Under Armour Speed Freaks are great!

Good luck, Robb

28-Jul-16
http://www.lemsshoes.com/mens-boulder-boot

Check these out. Super light and flexible, similar to 5 fingers but with more protection. My only complaint is that the flannel lining is a little warm for NC summers...

• Sitka Gear