Kdog 09-Aug-16
APauls 09-Aug-16
South Farm 09-Aug-16
South Farm 09-Aug-16
spike buck 09-Aug-16
APauls 09-Aug-16
rattling_junkie 09-Aug-16
19-Jul-16
Hey all - looking for recommendations for an archery moose hunt. Had the bug for quite a while and finally getting serious about it. Would like to be remote enough that I am not running into locals. Hoping for a price I can plan on doing more than once if unsuccessful. Like the idea of Ontario or MB largely b/c I could drive it to get the meat back. Not looking to shoot a world record but obviously would love to have a decent chance at a mature bull not a bullwinkle.

19-Jul-16
If you want Ontario, you might be waiting a couple of years. Even the flyouts are booked years in advance as there are VERY few tags available these days. Try Bowsite sponsor "Thousand Lake Outposts" of Ontario he outfits into some remote areas..

20-Jul-16
Talk to Dwayne at Thousand Lakes Outposts. He has different options based on your goals. Good Luck! C

21-Jul-16
Has the Ontario population come back at all?

21-Jul-16
Ontario population has not been a problem where I have been . It's thriving ! The Ontario Mnr has taken to many classes taught by the Wisconsin dnr . I've been in western Ontario.

22-Jul-16
Rob, the Moose population has just now started to rebound. The moose season has been drastically shortened, Northwest Ontario. I have seen quite a few moose during the spring bear hunt this year, compared to the last 3 years.

In about 3 years our moose will be up in numbers.

To get into a good area for moose in Ontario, you have to go through a Fly in outfitter. One who knows bowhunting, such as Thousand Lakes Outpost who is also a Bowsite sponsor..

09-Aug-16
Sent you a PM.

09-Aug-16
I live in Manitoba, and wish I could hunt Ontario. My cousin lives in NW Ontario and they have a real tough time getting tags, but when they do get a tag it's pretty much guaranteed moose. They see a lot of moose every year. And that's just drive in locations. You might want to look at Saskatchewan as well. Where we deer hunt late in Nov we've been seeing crazy moose numbers. Last year my dad saw an honest 130 moose over 3 days. Lots of country but the numbers add up when he'd see 10-15 moose in an ag field. They're like rats there it really is unbelievable. I have no idea what their outfitting situation is like in Saskatchewan, but some areas honestly have more moose than deer.

09-Aug-16
"Guaranteed moose" and "Ontario"??? LMAO!!! Sure, whatever you say..

09-Aug-16
Sorry Apauls, not a dig towards you, just kind of made me laugh because that has never been my experience up there in 4 hunts.

09-Aug-16
Saxon, my guide and his wife received a bull and a cowtag for this fall. They are also going on a Elk hunt in Montana.

09-Aug-16
South Farm no offence taken. My cousin isn't by any means a "die hard" hunter. Maybe he just knows a good zone or something but I don't know if he's ever gone without seeing less than 10 moose. Just last week I was talking to him and he was telling me a harrowing story about their last hunt how they shot a bull and tracked it into a bluff and when more bulls ran out he was worried about them finishing off the right one...but theirs was down in the bush. Thankfully they didn't shoot another one. Every year when they kill one it is stories about multiple animals per day.

He and his friend have moose hunted there about 10 years. That is the sum-total of my Ontario moose hunting knowledge. I said when "they do get a tag it's pretty much a guaranteed moose." Not any Ontario tag is a guaranteed moose. So far they have yet to not get a moose over 10+ years 2 guys, so that's a pretty dang good %. Last time they took with his 8 year old daughter and his buddy's young son... still got their moose. So ya, I'd love to moose hunt there.

09-Aug-16
Northern Manitoba has some great moose hunting. I have guided for 2 different outfits. One definitely has better moose numbers and quality. PM if you want some details.

• Sitka Gear