huntaholic 21-Jul-16
oldgoat 21-Jul-16
huntaholic 21-Jul-16
ScottTigert 21-Jul-16
jims 23-Jul-16
Barty1970 26-Jul-16
Barty1970 26-Jul-16
20-Jul-16
So I need to pull the trigger on a new pack asap. My hunt is in 45 days, this is my first backpack hunt (all others have been base camp style hunts). I really like the Kifaru T2 and it seems everyone else does also I just thought for sure that my new pack would be my first external frame pack because I wanted something that could really pack a load well. I just didn't think I could get that out of a integrated frame pack. I think a max load for me would be around 100lbs (pack out). My average back pack trip would be 5-6days (I plan on doing as many as possible in future years). Just looking for some opinions. Thanks!

20-Jul-16
Once you get the pack adjusted, you'll be amazed by how comfortable it is with weight. And the internal frame puts the weight closer to you, which helps on a slope.

All my packs have a rhino on them.

20-Jul-16
To each their own, and what I mean by that is whatever works for you WORKS for you! Not all my packs have a Rhino on then, but that's because I've kept some of the others for loaners or just haven't sold them yet;-) I personally don't like the idea of the internal frame packs because they are limiting in a way. With my external frame pack I can change packs on the frame for different applications. But as mentioned, that is merely one advantage against the advantage bad karma mentioned for the internal frame. Which puts us back at my opening statement. Call Kifaru!!!!!! Tell them your plans and listen to what they say and I'd do that today if I were you because as we march on in time, you are quickly running out of it, one hiccup in supply chain and you may not have a pack in time!!!

20-Jul-16
Will add, if you get a Kifaru and you are traveling through Denver during hours they are open, stop in and have them check the adjustment of the pack. It will be in a good ball park when you get it, but those guys are amazing helping you dial it in!!!!!!!!! They are spitting distance off I70!

20-Jul-16

HUNT MAN's embedded Photo
HUNT MAN's embedded Photo
That T2 will carry all you can carry. Great pack. Hunt

20-Jul-16
I've owned a T2 for 4 years and still love it! even though the T2 has been perfect for most of my hunting trips I just picked up a Duplex and cargo panel and eventually plan on getting a T1 bag for the frame. I recently found myself needing the ability to arrange my pack for different situations, mostly due to an upcoming moose hunt to where I only need a pack frame and cargo panel for the trip, I'll have a waterproof bag instead of a regular pack bag. I'll probably give it a little time before I decide to sell my T2 just because I like it so much.

20-Jul-16
If I was forced to choose one pack from Kifaru it would be the T1. I find the internal pack more comfortable with and without a load (we are talking degrees here).

Having said that I own several, and it really is tough to beat the versatility of the Kifaru frames.

20-Jul-16
Even second hand Kifaru is a good way to go

Call Frank or Aron at Kifaru; they'll get you squared away with fitting

20-Jul-16
Thank you everyone for the info! I think for the time being I am going to go with the T2. The price is right and I believe it will get me where I need to go. Happy hunting

20-Jul-16
You can't go wrong with the Kifaru. You can add any type of bag onto the frame for different situations. I have used a few different externals over the years and I don't plan on ever using them again! Good luck.

20-Jul-16
I have a T2 and really like it. I was wanting only one do-it-all pack and chose the T2. It really hauls a load well and I cinch it down smaller for daypack mode. I debone all my meat when packing it on my back and slide it right in the pack once I have it in some kind of waterproof bag. Keeps theninsidemnice and. I've thought about attaching a cargo panel and packing meat between it and the pack. Stone Glacier are nice packs too. Good luck!

20-Jul-16
I got the EMR II with a guide lid. It has more room than I have stuff to carry. Cinches down well too. I also got two belt pockets which are good for what ever. Look at the Grab It II. It carries my bow strapped down tightly. It's amazing how light 65lbs on your back is. Scott

20-Jul-16
Umm, hope you just ordered the last T2 or have a line on a used one because Kifaru website shows them out of stock, only one is the Duplex Timberline in stock

21-Jul-16
Lucky for me I think I did get the last one! Order is placed and confirmed. I can not wait to get this pack in my hands.

21-Jul-16
Just a warning! They are like crack if you have any gear junkie in you at all!

21-Jul-16
Yeah, I think I might have that issue : /

21-Jul-16
You won't be disappointed. Super pack. It will be at your door in about seven days Damn thing is like crack. You will be adding to it every time you turn around.

23-Jul-16
I've been super pleased since I switched over to Kifaru. I use an EMR II when packing super large, bulky loads and the newer Timberline for smaller loads. I've used the EMR II for sheep, goat, and black bear where I pack lifesized capes plus meat plus camp. It's super nice having lots of room. I was a little over-whelmed by all the straps but it allows lots of options. The side pockets are nice for quick and quiet access to spotting scope, tripod, raincoats, etc. I can cinch down small loads so the load is tight against the frame.

The Timberline is trimmer and I really like it for actual hunting. The pockets are well thought out and its possible to add others to suit your needs. I can haul a lot more gear, meat, etc with the EMR II but it's a little quicker and easier to get to gear in the Timberline.

It would be a tough decision between the 2....that's why I have both!

26-Jul-16

Barty1970's embedded Photo
The EMRII with Grab-it and Guide lid goes from this as day pack mode....

26-Jul-16

...to this, with two weeks of camping gear

• Sitka Gear