DartonJager 21-Jul-16
Ungie01201 21-Jul-16
Burly 23-Jul-16
Bob 23-Jul-16
DartonJager 27-Jul-16
Will 27-Jul-16
DartonJager 27-Jul-16
21-Jul-16
In another thread, someone mentioned Greg Miller's book.

He has several listed on Amazon. If I was going to only get one of his books, which one should I get?

21-Jul-16
I couldn't pic just one, I like them all.

21-Jul-16
I have enough how to books on whitetail hunting to easily wall paper the entire Pentagon and without doubt the best I ever read was by Greg Miller.

The Greg Miller book I recommend above all other WT hunting books is titled "Aggressive Whitetail Hunting" ISBN:0-87341-336-9

After reading and more importantly UNDERSTANDING Greg's book, I implemented his methods and proceeded to FINALLY begin to not just see mature bucks (had been for a long time, just never close) but actually KILL THEM.

AWH by Miller is written in a simple easy to understand format that explains what a serious dedicated hunter needs to do to consistently place themselves in close enough proximity to mature bucks to be given an opportunity for a shot.

Make no mistake, no book no matter how well written, or ANY source of WT hunting information is worth it's weight in pigeon guano unless mature bucks frequent the property your hunting on in the first place. It may be stating the obvious, but you can't kill a mature buck if there aren't any on your land in the first place.

21-Jul-16
Rub line secrets is a good one as well.. I believe that it what it is called.. all of his books are worth the read.

23-Jul-16
Exactly EF. I have had the same experience with jealousy. People have stuped as low as to call the DNR on me . But no worries all legal here, just a hard working whitetail fanatic here. Gregg and Jon are some of my favorite writers along with Gene and Barry.

23-Jul-16
Years ago I called greg to order a copy of his first book. He did not understand why I was calling for the first 5 seconds of the conversation. Then it "clicked" with him. I believe I was the first one to purchase a book from him. Good usable info in his book.

27-Jul-16
Not only will people speak ill of you, if people find out about your success unless you own the land your killing big bucks on, expect to be "leased off" your land or muscled out by relatives of the land owner in short order.

Trust me on this happened more than once to me. Now I tell no one when I kill a good buck, except for my best and only hunting partner, but nothing is said anymore to anyone else. I don't even bother with P&Y or state BBRP anymore, and haven't for years.

Yes it has become that mercenary, I fear the addiction to and lust for killing mature bucks will be our eventual undoing. It wont be the anti's who end our sport it will be our hooray for me and screw all others mind set that will.

Mark my words, I will be pleasantly surprised if my grandchildren will still be able to hunt.

27-Jul-16
DartonJagar laid down the one I like best too. They are all good, but Aggressive Whitetail Hunting is my favorite as well.

27-Jul-16
Yes it is unfortunate that truly helpful deer hunters like Miller become part of all the marketing hype that is suffocating our sport, but IMHO people like Miller either jump on the so called "band wagon" or fade into obscurity like Miles Keller.

IMHO there is not a better or more successful better big buck archery hunter than Miles Keller, but I never see or hear of him anymore, but then again, I stopped watching ALL hunting shows and videos YEARS ago because again IMHO every show I watched that I can recall were all about selling equipment and zilch on actual hunting info. Hell put me and most any other dedicated experienced hunters on the same private land as these so called "white tail experts" and we would be tagging the same big bucks. With the advent of trail cams all the difficult work in deer hunting is now just a down load away.

• Sitka Gear