Bear Track 22-Jul-16
Ken Taylor 22-Jul-16
Hugh 22-Jul-16
DL 22-Jul-16
GF 27-Jul-16
21-Jul-16

DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo
This picture does not do it justice. It's a 12' bear. I didn't realize what a 12 foot bear looked like. My friend Ken was told it was a 12 foot bear and figured it's most likely 10'. He was suprised too

21-Jul-16
Impressive.

Can you imagine that thing getting a hold of you?

21-Jul-16
I skinned a giant that was 10' 9"... every inch passed 10' is a lot.

21-Jul-16
AWESOME!!!

Go on Youtube and look at what they can to a whale!!!! Absolutely Insane!

Scar.

21-Jul-16
you're right about the picture. can't tell if it is a 12 footer or a 12 month old animal.

22-Jul-16

DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo
The walrus is on an elevated stand the same height that the bear is on.

22-Jul-16

DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo
Here's another shot off of google

22-Jul-16

DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo
The last picture and this one were in National Geographic. the panda is a recreation made by the same taxidermist. I'm here in Alberta staying here.

22-Jul-16
WOW Huge!!

Congrats to the hunter and the taxidermist

Good luck, Robb

22-Jul-16
In the late 70's when I first got into taxidermy, I worked in and eventually ran a big taxidermy shop in Winnipeg. Back then we mount lots of polar bears and I worked on 2 that broke the 13' length. One was just over 13' and the other 13' 6" long and over that wide. 11 and 12 footers were common, and today I still see the odd one in the 11-12' range, but imagine, a polar bear that stands 6' high at the shoulder and considers us as just a noisy seal to eat.

22-Jul-16
I might be measuring the ones I do minimally.

I lay the hides in the snow fur down naturally spread out without any tug or stretch whatsoever and measure from the base of the tail to the end of the nose.

The three largest I have skinned would have been fairly up in Boone & Crockett and they were "only" in the 10 1/2 + foot range.

The bears are legally dispatched when absolutely necessary (relatively rarely) by public security officers in our native community.

I hesitate to add pictures because of the delicate nature of the subject.

But like Bear Track says, it is unbelievable how big they are.

I slept in a well made cabin once that had had an entire wall removed in one section, window included without breakage!

22-Jul-16
The Taxidermist is Ken Walker. He's won the worlds a a couple times with his recreations. Super talented and humble guy.

22-Jul-16

DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo
Front foot to shoulder height. Base of tail to tip of nose was 119"

27-Jul-16
120" = 10 feet. Still big, but 20% longer...

I'm 5'4"... My nephew is 6'4". So he's LESS THAN 20% taller than I am, but he's at LEAST 70% heavier than I am. You see us together and he's so much bigger than I am it's like we're from 2 different species...

A 13' bear would be like stepping up to Shaq-sized on 'roids!

• Sitka Gear