r-man 23-Jul-16
Michael Schwister 23-Jul-16
stick n string 27-Jul-16
Scrappy 28-Jul-16
Vonfoust 28-Jul-16
22-Jul-16

nutritionist's DeerBuilder embedded Photo
nutritionist's DeerBuilder embedded Photo

Would you buy oats with a tag like this?

Here is the State of Wisconsin standards for oats. Purity (minimum) 99.36% Inert matter (maximum) 01.00% Ergot (maximum) 0.05% Prohibited weed seeds None None None Restricted weed seeds (maximum) 1* Other weed seeds (maximum) 00.02% (10) Total other crop seeds (maximum) 00.12% Other kinds (maximum) 00.02% (2) Other varieties (maximum) 00.10% (10) Germination (minimum) 90.00%

check your own state standard. Only in the Wildlife industry can people get away with this sort of thing and many people still buy into the hype.

then consider what a tag might look like for bin run oats. You will probably have 5-50 times the accepted level of weed seeds for certified oats.

23-Jul-16
I have got a bag with 5% burrs , they were the size of jelly beans, I had to screen it, I don't need more weeds, grabgrass is bad enough.

23-Jul-16
That standard must be something from 100 years ago. When I was a kid in Wisconsin all of our oat seed came with about 5% thistles. When combined it was loaded with them. I would think in today's world, that is not good enough.

27-Jul-16

28-Jul-16
All you have to do is put a pic of a big buck on it and it will sell like hotcakes. We bow hunters are so gullible.

28-Jul-16
You don't mention price....so maybe?

• Sitka Gear